"godaikins" japan vs taiwan

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by fallensinn, Sep 4, 2008.

1. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    Hello knowers of all things.
    This is probably a dumb question but ive just recently discovered "godaikins"
    Ive started collection them to go with my tfs, braves, and diaclones..so heres the question is there any big differences between japanese and taiwan releases.. for ex godmarz and taiwans godtron? made cheaper? different colors? just plain KOs or is it kinda like the takara and hasbro relationship?
    any info on "godaikins" and/or this japanese/taiwan toy relationship would be much appreciated.
    thanks for your time.

2. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    i dont know anything about this line.
    But i do have a MIB one for sale.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

*GASP* That is soooooo freakin awesome and I want! But due to my lay off can not hope to afford. Which now saddens and angers me, off to consume a whole pie to drown my sorrows.

4. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    sorry man just got this one and it kinda sucks cos if its like mine its a ST not a DX. the DXs are the way to go.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Did someone say GoDaiKin? :p 

The Taiwanese versions, especially Godtron and the GoLion versions are just AWFUL...Godtron isn't even the same size as GodMarz...the parts are definately not interchangeable and it feels MUCH cheaper...Lionbot's parts don't match up well and in some spots he's not even the same color from piece to piece...

GoDaiKins are expensive to get into, but totally worth it for the real thing (Glad I completed my set way back in the day :)  )...and for Power Ranger collectors a good size chunk of the line is from the pre-US series (Daidenjin, Goggle V, Dynaman, Bioman, Changeman, & Sun Vulcan).

6. fallensinn

fallensinn D E A T H

Ebay:
    that sucks i just purchased a godtron and i was going to purchase a taiwan golion.
    Dragonclaw.. do you know of any resource sites to get info about godaikins? Id wanna be able to learn all the different Japan, us and other releases and variations.

7. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This page isn't quit comprehensive, but he has lots of pics and great reviews.
    Counter-X > Godaikin >> Index

I've been eyeing GoDaiKins for years but haven't taken the plunge yet. I'm currently trying to hunt down a Daitetsujin 17. I've heard Yahoo Japan auctions have a good selection and great prices.

Ultraconvoy- do you have a thread where that Daidenjin is for sale? I might be interested in taking that off your hands.

8. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:

I'd hit up Robot-Japan and Collection DX for really good resources...some of those guys make ME feel like a noob :p