God the Wii Store is annoying the hell outta me.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I'm loving the Wii I just puchaced (finally decided to open it). But I am going on a classic game frenzy, and it's sooooo bloody annoying how you have to buy points instead of just buying the game at the exact price (like on PSN and I 360). Instead, I have to basically spend 10 bucks whether a game is 5 bucks (points) or not. So now, I am sitting with 700 points, and I want Zelda: A link to the past (800 points), but instead of adding 100 points for a dollar, I have to spend another 10 bucks for 1,000 points. When does that get fun? Obviously it's Nintendo's way of getting more money outta me, otherwise I would simply pay for the game and that's it.

Anyway, aside from that, I'm really digging the system, and we stayed up late playing Wii sports and (Kid Icarus), but I just don't want to spend 10 bucks for something that I only need a dollar to afford.

2. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

It annoys me to, I bought mario bros, super mario bros and Donkey kong and don't know what to spend my last 500 pionts on. They have added NES metroid so that will probably be next and Super Metroid is coming soon.

And on the cards i had to go to three different stores on Friday just to find the 2000 point card. it's crazy

3. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

yeah i have 1200 points left right now then i found out about metroid and super metroid... if i could get 100 points i would've got them both but instead i'm skipping metroid and just getting super metroid... i guess the extra 400 points will get me something good eventually.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want MARIO RPG :) 

5. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    Isn't the 360 the exact same way? that's the exact same "problem" we have when buying games

although it doesn't bother me at all, I make sure to buy enough points to get the games I want, and if there's anything left over, I just leave it there as extra

6. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    That's why I'm sticking with emulation.

I will gladly pay for content that I want, but if you try and dick me around, I'll just steal it instead.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't bought anything on the 360 store in a while, but we bought Ninja Turtles at my cousin's and it only charged him the 5.99, and on PSN I know it charges me just the amount because I just bought a $2.99 game from them.

I know It's something you can just easily do, and I can just buy more points, but the bigger question is simply "Why?"

It's like going into Amazon.com and buying a 50$ point to use on a $20 book, and then saving the remaining 30 for later. But what if I just want to spend 20 bucks? Like, I just bought the Wii, and I bought 2 games. I can't be spending 10 bucks every time I need a game that would normally only cost me 5 bucks, because I only have 400 points. Anyway, just bitching, I'll shut up and go play RE4 on it.