God of War II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Pravus Prime, Mar 15, 2007.

1. miraisoup

miraisoup Well-Known Member

The game is amazing, i like it better then the 1st one. Put 5 hours into it yesterday, about to log some more time right now. Too bad ill have to buy a ps3 to get the third one if they make it.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Play the first one. It's an amazing game and sets up for this one.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

O got it last night, but didn't have time to play it. I'm fairly certain I won't be disappointed.

4. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    You absolutely will not be disappointed. You had better be ready b/c the game even starts out w/ a bang.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cant figure out how to defeat the Sisters. Im at the part where you have to fight the two of them, and one of them keeps popping out of the portals. I was fighting them for about a half an hour last night, and nothing happened. I can damage the one, and get her on the ground, but I dont know how to finish them. Is it prettymuch just survival?

6. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    when you stun her, and she's lying motionless on the ground, slow down time with the amulet, then run to the sister in the mirror and wail on her. if you don't let up, when time returns to normal, she'll go back into the mirror and it will be all cracked. now just hit it a few times so that it breaks all the way, and go back to the first sister again.. break all the mirrors to trigger a context-sensitive minii-game to finish them off.

7. Sentinel

News Credits:
    I am so bad. I shouldn't have read that. That was exactly where I was when I stopped earlier. So far I have figured out how to get past everything and I am sure I would have figured that out to (I was wailing on the fallen sister, not the one in the mirror, oh well). Now I just have to get through work and class, and then watch Battlestar Galactica before I can allow myself to play some more.

8. REDLINE

News Credits:
    Titan mode is a real bitch :redface2: 

9. shifty02

shifty02 This is the way

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I picked up the game on Tues...and with work, I'm just now only getting to the sisters. This game ROCKS pure and simple!!

10. Pravus Prime

News Credits:

Tell me about it. I'm to Icarus so far and I've put in almost the same amount of time that I used to finish the game to unlock Titan mode (normally it takes less time on a repeat playthrough!). It's practically ludicris how hard this mode is. I thought the fight with Perseus was going to last an hour.

I'm still annoyed that I finished the Challenge of the Titans, only to find I can't use the armor until I do a bonus game, and not for a first time on a difficulty. You could in the first GoW. So, I've got a game started on all the difficulties in a save slot so I can play through them to do bonus play (And not worry about a save slot for any difficulty). LOL, starting with Titan mode, then God, then Spartan, it was amazing how much easier God mode was compared to Titan, and how simplistic Spartan seemed after that, then how absolutely monsterous Titan was when I went back to it and moved on.

However, that said, this game is still great.

11. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Well, not to really double post, but I finished Titan mode today. Strangely, the end didn't seem to be as absurdly hard as the middle to me, though it was far from a walk in the picnic (And I must have fought Zeus half a dozen times... Stupid button mash game.)

FYI, beating the game on Titan unlocks all the beating the game on lesser difficulty stuff as well. Dark Kratos, etc. All unlocked, including bonus play for all difficulties. So, I've unlocked everything but 2 urns and General Kratos at this point.

I thought I had read that they had done different voice actors, so Hercules and Athena would have their own dialogue. Turns out not to be true. Kind of funny to hear Kratos' voice come out of Athena.

12. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I've unlocked everything but general kratos... gotta get more eyes. I've not played with any of the costumes or even the urns yet though.

13. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Got the last two urns. Never would've found the Gorgon one without looking online for where it is. Even then, it was a chore to find it.

Oh, I also came across some stats for the costumes:

Cod of War: Kratos deals 100% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 100%, he gains 200% health from health orbs, 200% magic from magic orbs, 200% experience from experience orbs, and 200% Titan power from Titan orbs

Hydra Armor: Kratos deals 50% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 200%, he gains 200% health from health orbs, 200% magic from magic orbs, 100% experience from experience orbs, and 200% Titan power from Titan orbs

Dark Odyssy: Kratos deals 200% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 50%, he gains 100% health from health orbs, 100% magic from magic orbs, 500% experience from experience orbs, and 100% Titan power from Titan orbs

Athena: Athena deals 100% damage to enemies, her armor is set to 66%, she gains 500% health from health orbs, 500% magic from magic orbs, 200% experience from experience orbs, and 100% Titan power from Titan orbs

Hercules: Hercules deals 150% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 50%, he gains 100% health from health orbs, 100% magic from magic orbs, 100% experience from experience orbs, and 100% Titan power from Titan orbs.

General Kratos: Kratos deals 50% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 50%, he gains 25% health from health orbs, 25% magic from magic orbs, 500% experience from experience orbs, and 25% Titan power from Titan orbs

( And I'm working to unlock this why? :lol : )

God Armor: Kratos deals 200% damage to enemies, his armor is set to 200%, he gains 200% health from health orbs, 200% magic from magic orbs, 200% experience from experience orbs, and 200% Titan power from Titan orbs

(With the Urns, this armor, and playing on Mortal, this game is laughably easy!)

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Finally got mine playing :lol  , bought my 4th PS2 .

Hav'nt gotten too far yet. Thought the 1st stage was so cool Ive played it 3times.
    Will beat it on normal, then come back with a strat guide and try for a perfect on a harder difficulty
    Kratos is seriously one bad MF. Must dig out GOW1 after this is over and replay it again.

15. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Is it just me or does Kratos not look quite so badass on GoW2 as on the first game? They changed the design of his face a bit and he looks more computer generated. His face just looks wrong to me. I can say that b/c I was playing GoW1 again up until the day I got #2. What does everyone else thinK? Does his face look different in the movies?

Awesome game btw. I am at the 3rd Sister on my first run-through.

16. REDLINE

News Credits:
    I did the same thing, yet I've not noticed anything different there really. sure he had the god armor on at the beginning, and the athena blades instead of chaos blades, but that's it.

17. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    Well, I'm an idiot. Turns out you can just to the first Challenge of the Titans over and over again to collect your 20 eyes. (Not choosing restart, but challenge select, then chosing the first challenge again.) I had been playing through the game again to collect them. LOL, I discovered it in time that I collected the last 15 that way, but not the first 4 (And 1 I got from the challenge the first time).

So, I've officially unlocked everything now. And I still want to play it. Man this game rocks.

From GOW1, I think his face was tweaked a bit with a wider jaw and a more "pointy" head, but it's hard to say, and not something that I even noticed until you mentioned it and I went back and checked. However, I did notice right off the bat that the God armor was changed. Ares had Cerberus heads on the shoulder plates, while Kratos has Ram heads, and Ares shin armor is different as well. What can I say? I like the God armor and what it does.

Hercules with the Barbarian Hammer on Mortal is fun. Though sometimes in rooms where you're supposed to do something specific, like snap the sirens backs to get through, I have to be real careful, otherwise I just annihilate them instead. Having fought so hard through Titan, I'm enjoying these alternate costumes on Mortal with the urns; it's far more relaxing and enjoyable to be such a Titan among them.

18. Sentinel

News Credits:
    Well just beat it for the first time. A few impressions:

Didn't seem as long as #1. I dunno, but w/ going all over Athens, Pandora's Temple, Hades, etc, the first one just seemed longer.

FREAKING AWESOME animation at the end. I won't spoil anything, but I was having issues w/ the animation throughout the game, as I didn't think that Kratos looked at good in the movies as he did in #1, but the end sequence is amazing.

I absolutely will have to go buy a damn PS3 now for when the next one comes out, dammit.

I found virtually nothing the first time through, so I guess I have to do it again and search for all the bonuses. You know, I have never played the Challenge on the first game (didn't realize it existed), so I have something to look forward to on both games.

Overall, this game kicks total ass and I will be playing it again and again and again, until I get the next one. Well worth every cent.