God Ginrai Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thecypher0, Aug 29, 2008.

1. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Any idea what an original one brings these days? I can't find one on eBay or on the boards that isn't a reissue.

Also is the easiest way to tell the reissue from the original the lack of a Trademark (or whatever the R in a circle stands for) on the original and the shortened copyright on the front of the box? Sorry if this info is posted on here but I couldn't find it after doing a search and going through 14 pages of results

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    regarding the actual toy, seems the original western release of powermaster was made in thailand according to the stamp, the reissue says japan (seems iot was the only reissue to be made in japan). an original japan version will have the old takara logo on the box.

3. thecypher0

Ebay:
    Cool thanks for the input. Anybody got any ideas on what the figure is worth?

4. microclone

News Credits:
    i have no idea but the reissue seems to sell for about $60-100, when it was first released it seemed unpopular and was sold by online shops for as little as $35! Im sure the vintage piece is not too expensive, the reissue is probably so close the original that it will reduce the number of potential buyers considerably.

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah I saw a Super Ginrai (powermaster prime is called that right?) for not that much. Like 50 bucks. but it wasnt MIB. it had a box. though. couple years ago, 2003, I was in japan and found a japanese ginrai box in decent shape just the box and styro for $20. (it was from the tv show and had the animated drawing of the kid that drives convoy aka hi-q.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Try looking up the Commemorative Series 2 Optimus Prime with Apex Armor. US release of God Ginrai, might be easier to track one down.

7. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I have this one and he is a nice piece. You couldn't go wrong with Ops and God Bomber

8. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    Agreed. He was the first G1 Transformer I bought myself, and it certainly was worth it. He's probably still cheap, may as well go for him.

9. thecypher0

Ebay:
    I have the original one but he's got some yellowing, so I was thinking of selling him to buy the reissue one (either hasbro or takara) and wasn't sure what the original would be worth if I sold him.

10. microclone

News Credits:

you'll have to check ebay for completed listings but im not sure they go for much, the rarer reissue versions fetch big $$ though, fireguts god ginrai and the black nucleon quest powermaster prime (he doesnt come with the apex set).

11. encore_encore

encore_encore New Member

12. encore_encore

encore_encore New Member

13. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Yeah, I got lucky at that time for that price and picked him up in all his japanese powermaster w/ apex amour glory. Personally I recommend the TRU reissue for anyone now looking to pick him up. That version is greatest chance at getting one MISB for a decent price I think.