God Ginrai, help..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Binaltech Tech, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Binaltech Tech

Binaltech Tech Covert Operative

I just recieved C-310 God Masterforce Ginrai in the mail a few minutes ago but I still have one problem....I do not read Japaneese. What is the engine figures name??? I know the american virsion's name is Hi-Q......but what about this guy?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Ginrai.

I'm pretty sure Ginrai powers up the cab thing to get Super Ginrai that can combine with Godbomber for God Ginrai... Or something like that.

3. Binaltech Tech

But I remeber reading somewhere something different

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I just answered that. It's name is Ginrai. If it isn't, everyone here has been telling me lies since I signed up (wouldn't surprise me, but still...).

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    It's Ginrai.

6. Binaltech Tech

okies, thanx guys

7. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, Ginrai is the engine fella, but it's also the name of the Prime fig. The robot doesn't have a personality of its own, it's essentially an exo-suit for the human.
    The blue trailer is Godbomber, who also doesn't have its own personality, but I think is kinda remote-controlled (or can be piloted by Ginrai or others; Cab, Shuta and Minerva sometimes ran it in Masterforce).

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like to call him Regis, but I guess his birth certificate says Ginrai.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's interesting. Where'd you get 'Regis' from - or did you just take a fancy to the name?

11. Binaltech Tech

Well I love the Japaneese virsion of the toy, but if this true I much prefer the American back story. I have a rough time imagining a character that looks (and in my mind is) so much like Prime, being no more intelligent that a toilet.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I think Ginrai's a smidge more intelligent than a khazi... it's just the Transtector that's mindless.

13. Binaltech Tech

What's a "Transtector"??

14. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cab robot is a transector in SGMF, bc/ it is just an inert piloted suit for Ginrai, the smaller guy... the whole getup (cab robot and trailer) looks like Optimus Prime bc/ it was initially designed for Optimus Prime, but he wasn't around to use it so Ginrai (a trucker) found it.

15. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The robot form. In the Japanese G1 continuity there are no Nebulons. Cromedome/Hardhead/Fort Max/Hosehead and the Powermasters are just the head/engine parts. And in the case of Masterforce headmasters and powermasters they are humans in suits and not robots like the first Headmasters. The larger robot body is a transforming armoured battlesuit that they combine with as the head or engine. They also have an interesting naming logic. For Ginrai is goes. Ginrai is used either for just Ginrai or when combined with the cab. When the cab combines with the trailer he's God Ginrai. When you add in God-Bomber it's Super God Ginrai. Grand Max is the same. Just the head is Gran. Combined with the bridge its Grand. Combine that with the ship you get Grand Maximus.

16. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, but your naming conventions are off for Ginrai... Ginrai's the dude, and still just Ginrai when combined with the cab, but when combined cab and trailer, it's Super Ginrai, and when combined with GodBomber, it's God Ginrai... same as for CR Fire Convoy... Super Fire Convoy when combined w/ trailer, and God Fire Convoy when combined with God Magnus.

17. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    So Takara took Convoy and made him into nothing more than a shell for some guy in a suit named Ginrai. Dam I hate Takara's fiction, it's ruining my childhood!

18. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    It's actually one of the best G1 verse shows in my opinion.

19. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:

They actually just took the BODY and made it Jinrai. Convoy was dead at the time. Later on, Jinrai (the transtector) became sentient and no longer needed his Godmaster/Powermaster. Then, after that, he died and was brought back as Victory Leo.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Yeah, they didn't do anything to Prime (Convoy); Ginrai's Transtector was designed (in the fiction) as a new body for Prime, but it wasn't used until Ginrai obtained the cab and found the Masterforce bracelets.

I'd definitely recommend watching the Japanese series, they're actually really good, with some interesting twists.
    Just make sure you get the subtitled ones, the dubs are ridiculous. The UK Metrodome sets are, I believe, generally regarded as the best ones to get (as long as you can watch Region 2). They've also got commentaries on certain episodes (narrated by our own Chris McFeely), which shed a lot of light on the background of the Japanese fiction, as well as helping to explain a lot of the 'odder' (as in culturally different) aspects.