God damn siblings...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kanderus, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Kanderus

Kanderus New Member

So, I'm 21 and I collect Transformers. I live away from my parents, however I store some things at my parents house that I simply do not have room for. Recently I visited the 'rents house to collect my mail (we live in the same town and I never changed my mailing address for certain things like bank statements, etc.) and I discovered my Classics Cliffjumper out of my box of things and on the kitchen table! He was in car form, which is how I had him last, however when I inspected my little brother's room what did I find? Classics Megatron, Grimlock, Movie Barracade and Scorpinok all thrown around in various corners of his room! WTF?! The little shit went out the garage, went digging through my boxes, and then proceded take my TFs into the house to play with! Keep in mind he is only 8 and has small hands so this was a multi-trip, time intensive task! Needless to say all my TFs are loose, don't pose correctly, and feel slightly tainted.

Maybe this should have been a blog but I just needed someone that would prolly understand to hear this and maybe some of you have even worse stories to tell to cheer me up =)

Thanks,

Kanderus.

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Woah, your second post since you joined back in 07...crazy.

Anyways, I feel ya. I mean, yeah he's just a kid but like, he needs to know some things you can touch and some you can't.

3. mechabot-1

mechabot-1 Banned

duct tape him to the wall for a couple of hours....he will learn quickly....

4. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

That sucks.

On a relative note I kept my TFs (which were very few at the time) at my folks', and my kid cousin played with them, I guess, and now I'm missed. My Movie Leader Prime's shoulder panels are missing! So is his gun! AAAARGH!

Oh well =)

5. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i have a 21 year old sister... shes older than me and if she touches my tfs, shes still goin down...

6. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am wondering about this myself. What should I do when I start having kids and they want to put their hands on my Botcon Dirge or Thundercracker..... Ahhh. the horror.....

7. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, good thing I am the only child.
    Another good thing that relatives ever come over here!

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

made me choke on my soda

9. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh. I get twitchy about my collection. I only let my girlfriend near it. (She adores Bumblebee. He's like...THE shit to her.) I can't imagine kids getting near these....I can't be held responsible for split second decisions that end up with the kid going to the ER for stitches.

Hey, I paid good money for this stuff!

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My brothers and I shared the collection, since we all grew up with it, and we all learned to respect each other's stuff. My brother's girlfriend sometimes brings her brother over and I know he loves my collection, fortunately he's not allowed near it while I'm not about, and also now I've got a lock for my bedroom where the main part of the collection is so nobody gets in without me giving them a key (parents have one in case they need to get in for any reason, but they're the only ones)

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Never had problems with siblings with TFs but my little sister used to do the same with my CD collection... at one point I had about 6,000 CDs (I've downsized massively since!!!) and came home from uni to find about 200-300 of them missing... of course they were all over her room, scratched to hell. Cost me £100s to replace them :( 

12. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Beat him repeatedly with Classics Megs as hard as you can. Afterwards he won't even wanna LOOK at a TF let alone play with one.:thumbs2: 

My kids know not to touch my stuff unless I'm right there, and I've also started buying them one here and there if they want it. Then they have theirs and I have mine.:D 

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That sucks, dude. Never dealt with that, but I've left stuff at the parents before when I was deployed and it could've happened. I woulda freaked out.

14. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

If you don't want people touching your stuff then don't store them at your parent's house. That is more his house than yours.

And they were not MISB toys? So they are tainted because he played with them?

Overreactions and lack of personal responsibility is a constant theme in these 'OMFG KIDS PLAYED WITH MY TOYS' threads.

15. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    This I could agree with if the kid was like five or younger, and if the toys had been clearly visable. But IMO at eight years old you should be able to understand something as simple as DO NOT TOUCH (I assume that the kid knew of this? since he aparantly knew where to find them)

As for the whole "tainted" deal. I too would feel the same if the toys I've been trying to keep in good condition was suddenly (possibly roughly) played with and spread across a room and now as a result are in poor condition.

16. gonzo23

gonzo23 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    my kids know not to touch my tfs, so I try to buy them their own, but my girlfriend whenever we get into a HUGE blowup, she goes after my transformers! I have lost many tfs to her rampage

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh

My

God

Toys being played with?!? The INSANITY!!!! You should take your brother out back, make him dig a hole, then beat him to death with the shovel, and kick his body into the hole. You could probably put your tainted toys into it too. Then all you have to do is fill the hole back up and no-one will ever know.

That or you can live with the fact that you have a little brother that has decent taste in toys, and gets into trouble the same way that you did at his age too. I know that anything that I don't have direct poesession of may at some point be played with, and you know what? I'm happy with it. They are toys, and toys are meant to be played with.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dude, I think he's more just blowing off steam than looking for sympathy.

19. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I buy my daughter her own (Animated) She already takes care of them and if she can't figure it out she asks me to help her so she doesn't break it. She is only 4 1/2 and she takes care of them better than older kids.

20. tigermask44

tigermask44 Kills Cons Dead!

News Credits:
    "I can't deal with that right now"