Minor/Repaint: GoBots Universe: Jeeper Creeper

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giga Leo, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey all,

I've been cookoo for Gobots for years, just ask DestrongerLupus :) 
    I don't think I've ever posted any of my GoBot customs here though, so here's the first of (hopefully) many.
    I'll start with Jeeper Creeper. As soon as Hound came out I started playing around with some ideas.
    This still needs a lot of work in my opinion, there are some tweaks I'd still like to make, but here's the progress so far.

I added some sculpty (need to get my hands on some apoxie sculpt) to mask the face and painted the eyes. I have no clue what some of those little specks are in the closer shots. I honestly didn't see them until I looked at the pictures.
    [​IMG]

I also removed the front bumper. Originally I had painted it black and attached it for a couple of pics, but I like him more without it, it helps distinguish him even more from Hound.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately he's got some glaring flaws I hope to clean up. I absolutely hate the way I just caked the paint onto the windshield. Don't know what I was thinking, my original idea was to try to stain Hound's window into a clear red, which I think would have worked a lot better.
    I also need to learn to do a better job of spray-painting. I take my figs apart to spray-paint them, but you can see some of Hound's green peeking through some of the areas I missed.
    Since getting my hands on YR's Brutality set, I haven't had any need for the energon weapons they came with. Blast-Off's Red guns were perfect against Jeeper's dark green, now I need to figure out how to attach them to his jeep mode in a believable fashion. In bot mode I thought about drilling holes in the forearms and pegging the guns in, but I think he looks okay holding them in his fists.
    [​IMG]

I'd also like to add a star to the front of the jeep, it just needs to be painted on or a well placed sticker.
    Here's my original digibash. Is it okay for us to post pics with a base image from Seibertron.com? If not I'll take this down.
    [​IMG]

Even though Creeper was one of the better characterized GoBots in the show in his brief appearances, I couldn't help but give him a little bio of my own:

Attached Files:

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very nice repaint.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Nice. That face sure puts the "creeper" in. Thing is freakin' scary. Haha

I do have to say, though- You should really lighten up on the spray paint. I can really see how much you've got on there just by looking at the hood.

You don't have to cover everything in one coat. You just want to do quick spray-by's to get a decent amount on there, then let that sit for an hour or two and come back for a second coat. You can always add more paint, but taking away paint is a pain in the butt.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Cool paint job.

5. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Damn that is sweet.

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude! I like it :thumb 

7. Autobot-X1

Autobot-X1 Mentaly Hilarious

Ebay:
    Cool! :thumbs2: 

8. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

It's great to see some GoBot love around here, and Jeeper Creeper was indeed one of the cooler GoBots. Those red guns really do pop too

9. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    nice, love the gobots.

10. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

ya very clean paint job. love it!

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Great work on this guy but why doesn't he have a wheel on his head :D  Maybe it would work with a magnet. This makes me want to do one of these too

12. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks Solrac! So many TFs have come out that would work perfectly as GoBots with a quickie repaint, it's amazing to me.

Thanks Kusanagi! I'm pretty happy with the way the face turned out :) 

Believe it or not, I do multiple coats, but I think I don't give enough clearance for the paint to make a thin layer. I probably need a larger workspace, as I've been spraying maybe 2 feet from the parts. I'm assuming that being too close is causing all that paint buildup. I'll have to keep that in mind next time around.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I've been doing a lot of digibashes trying to get an idea of who else to tackle, so there'll be a lot more GoBots getting some new bodies :) 

I've seen Satomiblood giving the GoBots quite a bit of love as well, I'm hoping to see more of his work in the near future!

The random bones we've been thrown in the last few TF toylines has made me happy, any excuse to beef up my GoBot ranks! Even though I'm not a fan of the movie aesthetic, I'll take what I can get :) 

Haha! You wouldn't believe some of the stuff I tried, just to see if there was some way to preserve the traditional wheel-head, but absolutely nothing looked right! I was sad to have to leave it off, it really was one of his most defining features!

13. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I tried to be cool, and post my feedback on your blog, but I couldn't get to to take my credentials *sniff*

Great to see you posting GB stuff, buddy, he's coming along nicely!

Love what you did with the face and the guns are a great choice!

Kinda wish he had his spare-tire-hat though....

I HAVE seen jeeps with the spare on the hood of the car, so maybe there's a way to do it. It would really help set him off from Hound in both modes...

Sweet all around though!

14. Giga Leo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You couldn't? That cruddy blog, it's also a pain in the tail to get my pictures placed correctly when I post as well, I have flashbacks of when I used to wrestle with the really early versions of MS Word!
    But I'm glad you like him, and I think I know the jeeps you're talking about! I'll have to look into this and see if I can figure out some way to work the tire into the design :) 

15. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Best Of Plazma Burst 2

WHAT About:Minecraft Creeper?

16. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    As someone who just repainted his Universe Hound about 3 weeks back, I say great job. He looks fantastic! :) 

17. Shinbs

Shinbs Well-Known Member

Is this the guy that had a step wheel on his head?I think I had him as a kid,so it's nice to see him getting some love =)
    P.nice repaint.

18. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Always liked Jeeper Creeper... awesome work!

19. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Great custom. And man Jeeper Creeper just one "creepy" bot. No pun intended.

20. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So who will be your next Gobot custom?