Go See 10 Minutes Of The Movie In Dallas Now

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by starlightpress, May 25, 2007.

1. starlightpress

starlightpress New Member

First time poster here.

Just got back from a special promotion they have here in Dallas, TX. I was given this small ad to check out a "glimpse" of transformers and the Sector Seven command unit when I went to see the trailer for it in front of Shrek 3. Figured what the heck. They might have something good.

[​IMG]

Arrived there around six, there was a huge black semi with a screen showing the latest trailer. The truck had the sector seven logos on it. Received free Megatron and Prime posters when I got there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Actors dressed as Sector Seven agents lined us up and let us inside the truck... saying they received a transmission from Qatar.

Then on came a scene from the movie.

*SPOILERS*

It's the scene where Josh and Tyrese get attacked by Scorponok. Very funny scene. We hear a soldier speaking Spanish, then being told to speak English... a soldier getting harpooned by Scorponok... lot's of gunfire... Josh calling the pentagon from a phone and being asked for his credit card... then Tyrese calling for an air attack.

Very funny and intense scene.

*END SPOILERS*

So if you're in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, go check it out. It's gonna be in Plano Tomorrow, North Dallas Sunday and back in Plano on Monday.

2. ChaoCatcher

ChaoCatcher Anarchist Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sector 7 Mobile Command HQ (SPOILERS!)

Just got home from running over to the Tinseltown theater in Grapevine, TX to see the Sector 7 Mobile Command Headquarters. The outside of the truck was fairly unimpressive - just a simple black semi and trailer, and what appeared to be a fairly large generator on the back of the semi tractor. An entrance and exit doorway/staircase marked with the Sector 7 logo and vaguely threatening government-esque/legal-ese signage were present, as well as a pair of small stands with free movie mini-posters (the usual Prime/Protect and Megatron/Destroy posters we've seen everywhere), except these posters also came with attached coupons for $5.00 off the TF Movie game at Best Buy. A larger version of the Prime poster was also set up, with the other local Dallas-area theater dates, locations and times given for where the truck will be seen over the rest of the weekend.

I met up with a kid from Buzznet's Stop Sector Seven site and we chatted a bit, then a group of about a dozen or more of us were led up into the truck by Sector Seven "men in black" types. Beforehand, a young Paramount lady rep told us that we weren't allowed to photograph or film anything inside, and the G-men gave us the same warning inside. The trailer's interior was fairly simple, with some computer screens/consoles showing various satellite footage near the entrance, clocks for different time zones in different cities around the world - sort of the usual "mission control" or "command center" type accoutrements. Along one wall were also some props - er, I mean, "gear" - used by Sector Seven, including some marked shoulder pads (possibly?), and a couple of other items (spoilers here, hope I did this right)...

... grappling hooks used by S7 to capture Bumblebee, and what appears to be some sort of backpack-tank-fed energy/plasma weapons, apparently reverse engineered from Megatron's technology.

At the far end of the trailer near the exit was a large screen showing video surveillance of the waiting people outside. The men in black began giving us a speech, warning us to shut off all cell phones, and telling us that NBEs - also known as "Transformers" (yes, they used the name) - do not exist and are a figment of our imagination. (Of course, WE all know better! ;)  ). During this speech, another S7 agent from another location cut in on the big video screen, telling us that there's an incoming satellite transmission from Qatar. The screen then cut to about a five- to ten-minute segment of the movie, showing (spoilers again)...

... Scorponok chasing the soldiers through the desert to the Bedouin village, Josh Duhamel's character fighting with an Indian customer support rep on the cell phone trying to get a call through to the Pentagon (pretty funny), then the soldiers calling in air support in the form of a Predator drone, a pair of A-10 Warthogs, and an AC-130 Hercules gunship to pound the holy hell outta Scorponok. Meanwhile, Scorpy's causing a pretty major ruckus among the soldiers and the village all this time, firing some kind of explosive shotgun-pellet like weapon, spearing and tossing unfortunate soldier-victims about, and so forth. Scorpy looked GOOD. I mean, *really* good. Despite the fact that he doesn't actually look like a traditional humanoid/bipedal TF, it was still pretty amazing to watch! Alas, the Air Force couldn't do anything to take down the single-minded Decepticon, and seeing that the heat was getting too tough for him, he burrowed into the sand and made his escape, but not before the tip of his tail was blown off and left twitching in the sand at the village.

The transmission then cut out. The men in black thanked us for our cooperation, warned us that they know where we live, and sent us out and on our way.

Here are a few pics of the trucks' exterior and the signage on the trailer's doors (as well as the Paramount logo on the semi tractor). Sorry for the poor light quality in a couple of these - it's been grey and cloudy and pouring rain all day here in the Dallas area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Thank you for the updated information on the S7 Mobile Command Center! I see you'd met Trebory6, he's left his own account (not mentioning spoilers though) over at the StopSectorSeven site.

Definitely sounds like fun, glad you could make it!

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  5. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    So this is what the text messages from Sector Seven were about. The dates correspond. Good job!

6. ChaoCatcher

ChaoCatcher Anarchist Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks, the other thread went up about the same time mine did. :D 

7. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

That scene.. It's like being wrapped up in a warm blanket of cheese..
    So far the old script is 110% that of what we're seeing... Sadly..

Hopefully it translates better on screen than it did in the script.

8. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    They showed the same thing at the hollywood event a while back. Same movie scene and all. But we received a movie toy as an incentive, yay me!!

9. JonnieHardcore

JonnieHardcore Member

Yeah. I saw all this too...at the Hollywood Transformer building 'unveiling'

10. Squishy

Squishy the squishy one

yeah...all the line cutters made me lose my toy :banghead: 
    but it was indeed a sweet scene.

11. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I lived in Texas!

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Do you wanna die from heat suffacation?? Its not bad right now but trust me in July through September its like The Day After Tomorrow except backwards. You run inside to avoid the heat and to get to the shade.

13. foxtail75

foxtail75 Well-Known Member

i went legacy juz now to check out the trailer. Was raining heavily today so i managed to get in there without a long wait. It was as described, the 10 min trailer as well as some props of grappling hooks hung up on the wall.

There were the Megatron n Optimus posters for everyone who went there also.