Go-Kart to...tank?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Spyro, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spyro

Spyro Banned

This seemed like the best place for this. I have a plan. It requires glass, steel plates, a semi-automatic paintball gun, money, paint, and more. I want to turn my old go-kart into a tank. First, I would have to mdify it. Suspension(if possible), headlights, and perhaps even an engine with more horsepower. Then, the steel plates and glass would be added, and doors would be made. Next, the semi-automatic paintball gun would be rigged up with a setup where I could control it by using the steering wheel, which would probably have to be modified. Finally, it would be painted with army camoflauge. Not sure if this plan can work, but it's worth a shot! Perhaps if TFW2005 pitched in, it could become reality.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Replace paint ball gun with potato launcher and you got yourself an idea.

3. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Potato gun? No, paintballs are more painful and do more damage...or make stuff pretty. Also, where am I going to find a semi-automatic potato gun?

4. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    ^This

Then you need a cowchip dispenser in back for laying landmines. :lol 

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

o semi-automatic potato guns exist? As for laying landmines, that will be considered. Though, they'd be stink-bomb landmines so that nobody gets killed. Why kill what you can torture? I'd like to see somebody step on one and set it off and watch them wallow in the stench that they have unleashed.

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'd say it's possible, but probably not legal. Oh, and a potato gun can do much more damage than a paintball gun. Where paintballs just stain and hurt like hell, potato launchers can break bones and destroy windows:D 

7. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I will only use a potato gun if I can find a semi-automatic potato gun. Do they exist? As far as being legal, who cares? Nobody will know...

8. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Every now and then some people use go-karts at the airsoft games I go to for "combat purposes". The last one I've seen in action was basically an armored truck, they used wooden boards instead of metal to cover the sides, back, and front. Then they had some clear plastic to look through their front. It didn't have any offensive abilities, you're not allowed to run over people in airsoft :D , but it served as good cover for people who needed to cross openings.

My airsoft team is trying to make some sort of tank using two bicycles. I'm not sure at how they're doing this exactly.

9. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This sounds very interesting but I'd do 2 things different.

1:
    For the armoring on it don't use steel plates. They aren't necessary I don't think and you could probably get the same result using something like a heavy aluminum plating instead. You'd save weight and probably a lot of money I'd think. You're only stopping paintballs right? so you just need enough strength to stop the paint balls. If you can't find some aluminum plating I'd consider going to a local car wreckage lot where you can take parts off old/totalled vehicals and start taking fenders off the vehicles there. You can get fenders for like 10-25$ from almost any vehicle in the yard I believe.

2 -
    You might not need to get a new engine. If all you want is something that can carry the weight but move like a tank (ie slow but a lot of power), then you can probably keep your engine but change the gear ratio.

10. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

You have to ask yourself this;

"Will paintballs stop Zombies?"

11. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

They will if they're loaded with napalm and acid

12. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

I don't think the balls would hold such a concoction. Back to the drawing board.

13. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

also stink bombs are deadly! i heard they cause cancer :S

14. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

speaking of zombies, i had a dream last night i was at some school and lots of people there, some were bitten and others felt weird, then this one girl ask a patient what did she take? any medication or lotion...
    she used this new lite blue glowing body lotion and starting getting rashes and itchiness...

i had a samurai sword.

get the potatoe launcher and aim for the head.

15. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Potato guns are definitely way more powerful. Youtube them. There are all kinds of instructions online for how to make it. As for semiautomatic, who needs semiautomatic when you're already in a tank shooting potatoes? That's intimidating enough as is.

16. cbff

cbff Destroyer of Botcon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Besides, most tanks have more than one gun. Why not use both? Have the spud launcher as your primary weapon with a little kid standing next to you arming the paintball gun. :lol 

17. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I have to use steel plating. My neighborhood is a bit crazy. There was a war that lasted nearly 2 years. If another one comes, hopefully my go-kart will be a tank by then. If it is...then my side will win. As for more than one gun on the tank, that's already been planned. But first, I need to get you guys a picture of my go-kart so we can figure this all out. Also, I think I'm going to have some blades mounted on the front like Brawl did in Transformers.

18. Spyro

Spyro Banned

BUMP

19. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I wouldn't do that if i were you.i hear there be mods afoot.

20. Spyro

Spyro Banned

I wont do it if peole just reply to the topic more frequently. When this topic is on...the thrird page or something, that means people are ignoring it. People ignoring my topics doesn't bode well with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.