Go Bots or Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ed Watkinson, May 22, 2009.

1. Ed Watkinson

Ed Watkinson Member

I'm writing a article about the difference between Go Bots and Transformers.

Has any one any comments about which are best? The differences etc??

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

3. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Go-bots are like the K-Mart Transformers....

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Go-Bots came before Transformers. Transformers had much more appeal than Go-Bots, so the Go-Bots got canceled.

Similarities between them: Both come from mechanical worlds, presumably in the Milky Way. Both end up coming to Earth. Both have good and evil factions, and are fighting each other. Both end up having human allies.

Differences: There are some Transformers that don't turn into vehicles, such as Blaster and Soundwave who turn into cassette players; I have not seen any Go-Bots turn into anything that is not a vehicle. The Transformers have a multitude of characters, each with his (and her) own personality, making them seem more human-like; Go-Bots only had a handful of characters, and quite frankly, even if they do have their own personalities, they lack appeal. Transformers is popular; Go-Bots, I don't think kids these days have ever heard of Go-Bots.

That's about as much as I can say.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

To each it's own I guess.

I love transformers as a whole, I can't go into details about it, because it just comes together better than the Go-bots series.

I watched the Go-bots series for the first time about 10 years ago or when CN reprised the series last time. And it didn't hold my attention, so after watching about 10 or so episodes I just stoped. But I still remember watching a Go-bot feature that was labeled as Gobots: The Movie (but it isn't), which I later found out is 5 episodes put of the series with a cool story and action (just to clarify -- Cy-kill and his goons break out of prison, assemble an armada and conquer Gobotron. Leader 1 and his gang go to search The Last Engineer, but they revive the Master Renegade instead...).

But Go-bots had some things executed better than Transformers. For instance, the music had better background feel, it was just better IMO. Also the transformation sequences were just like the real toy transformation and transformation sound was cooler. I liked that they had female Go-bots in numbers, and that the characters got disassembled and killed.