GM wont be spending millions on cross promotion with ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TM2 D-bot, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Sweet!! Maybe we will get some REAL cars in TF3.... like WRX's and Evo's and stuff. ;) 

Edit: Ok... real cars for the Autobots.....

I don't even give a crap about seeing more car ads anyways. We get plenty of them. This makes me wonder how much money they even spent that actually went to the movie makers to begin with. Maybe they just provided a ton of cars and it wasn't really all that much? Maybe their big expenditure for movie related stuff was actually all of the advertising they where going to produce themselves.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Autoblog

Link

It seems with their huge money problems GM have decided to cut back on marketing and that means no cross promotion with the ROTF film. What can this mean for us fans? I'd take a stab at saying toys like Universe/movie Swerve are not going to happen again.

Now if I wanted to put on my pure speculation hat I'd say if their trouble continues maybe TF3 might see more non GM cars again that's just my speculation

4. Miss Frost

Miss Frost Banned

I have seen pictures of that Swerve toy and he looks great! But really, GM can spend their money on more important things than an all new toy mold. Like trying to survive.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got one from the limited EU release and it is sweet for a deluxe but I'd say the days of asian car dealers giving out free deluxes for just taking a test drive is over.

or in my case finding out an official online EU chevy store had them in stock for about £14 a pop

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    This.

Though I'm honestly surprised FORD of all companies are doing the best out of the "Big 3". They're the only ones who haven't asked for a Government loan. (to my knowledge)

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
  8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh snap oh well I did check I could not see it before so I guess its my bad.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    as long as this doesnt stop the movies from coming, im impartial. i just hope that GM doesnt go under until after the movie, cause then all the robots would prbly have to reformat or die.

10. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahah

11. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    true mainly because ford was in a whole pile of trouble before the recession and therefore started their restructuring before which has saved there butts for the mean time

12. hotspot_2001

hotspot_2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This. Starting the restructure when private loans were still easy to get and before the whole financial system crashed saved them for the time being.

Also, Ford has more to offer in terms of fuel efficient and smaller vehicles than either GM or Chrysler and that's what people are looking for these days.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't mind a little more diversity in the cars used in the films, even though I do love the Camaro and I'm digging the Corvette.

I'd be happy if Toyota got into the mix, if that's even possible, because I'd dig a Toyota Tacoma to make its way in since I drive a red '09. Maybe it could be Trailbreaker or something. Hell I'd buy an Alternators if they used a Tacoma for one character, just for shits and giggles, and I normally pass on the Alternators stuff.

14. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Well, it'd essentially be US tax money, so they probably don't want to look like they're spending it on frivolities,(such as campaigns involving giant robots).

Most of the time advertising doesn't work anyway. But especially this year, no amount of advertising's going to make people buy cars on a whim that they basically can't afford.

15. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  @ this, for it's truth.

16. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well it would be kinda stupid anywats. Tf2 will be when gm cashes in on the money they spent form the first movie. Rotf doesnt need the extra advertising like the first one

17. Th3 Fall3n

Th3 Fall3n Unicrons First Apprentice

Yeah Gm is doing the right thing,the stimulus package cant help with promoting the movie much anyways...

18. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I say I really would love to see other car companies to have there cars as robots in the
    last movie.I really wanna see Bumblebee something else besides a camaro,maybe a Nissan
    Maxima or something.And even tho I love Ratchets Hummer vehicle mode he could be
    something like a Range Rover.So to say it out loud,I really hope GM does quit for the
    third movie.

19. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Wait - I thought that GM got their cars on-screen for free in return for the cross-promotion (i.e., they effectively paid in ads, not cash).

20. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At this rate, I'll be glad if Hasbro and TakaraTomy survive this worldwide crisis.