GM Commercials with TF's

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Primus, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    So, I was watching TV tonight and there was a GM commercial with a bunch of traffic in a big city like LA and all the GM vehicles floated up and flew off.

This makes me wonder how long it will be before there is a GM commercial with some Transformers in it? My money in on the Super Bowl. That gives them almost five months to put something together. I have no doubt that part of their deal with Hasbro/Dreamworks is commercial spots including scenes from the movie and maybe special footage.

2. Z28 Autobot

Z28 Autobot Well-Known Member

I do not think there will be a direct GM commercial..the Camaro is not on sale till end of 2008

The GMC Truck used is I think is last years model

the Hummer used is a military vehicle and not used for anything but commercial aplications.

Jazz is the only one but hes too is a special edition car..

am I missing anyone?? just not seeing it?? maybee but who knows?

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Who's to say it needs to be a model of car in the TF movie? Or, with the Camaro, why would it need to be at the time of the movie? If there's a sequel, then maybe the Camaro ad will use Bumblebee. For all we know, though, the deal may have included a couple of well known but not in the movie TFs based on other GM designs, that will be used for TV spots. Although as Citroen proved, they don't even need to be existing Transformers.

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I was thinking it would be more of a brand recognition commercial (GM) and less of an individual vehicle commercial.

5. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Not quite, the Hummer used is an H2, not the military Humvee. It is however an H2 with a whole custom rear added to it.

6. Z28 Autobot

Z28 Autobot Well-Known Member

yes it is a H2..I know that..and I know its not the military humvee..like I said its a commercial truck..sold to fire and rescue departments, forest and parks services, beach and so on..commercial...

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The old Scion commercials have transforming cars. I think they will have GM doing it soon..

8. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Interesting idea. The Superbowl would get a lot of buzz. But considering how critics berate the ads these days, I can't help but think that a GM Transformers ad would get harsh treatment, or worse, no mention at all.