GLOW POSTER!! G1 movie promo/toy pack-in!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Smokescreen38, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

I just completed my 4-pannel glow poster... I'm really psyched! I had 3 of the four pieces forever... just stubled upon that last piece.

I really love the box art and other artwork created for G1 advertising material...and these are some of the best, IMO.

Does anyone else have this set? How do you display them?

I'm thinking of framing them together...any tips on holding the four panels together without damaging the paper?

Here's a pic of one of the four segments...

Attached Files:

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    if you don't mind...post a picture of the combined posters.

I have never seen these before at all....i had a glow in the dark poster that came with metroplex ...but that is the only G1 poster that i knew of them releasing.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    This artwork was also released as an A3-sized advent calendar in the UK way back when. I've used it every December since I got it - except this year since it's safely in my TF collection storage somewhere:

[​IMG]

As for mounting your posters together as one without damaging them that's a tricky question. Anything you use to keep them together is likely to damage them.
    How about you frame all four parts individually and then hang them on the wall together to make up the full image? Then you don't need to tape or glue or stick anything on them. Use those all-glass frame-less things so the edges aren't obscured and you can get the posters together as close as possible. That way you can then show off their individual nature as well as their combined one.

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Huh, never seen this image before. I knew that some G1 toys came with a GITD poster, but had no idea until I read this thread that they fitted together into a larger picture. I like learning things. :D 

5. Smokescreen38

Cool!! Can you share a pic of your advent calendar? That's really neat.

I like the idea of the individual frames... I think that's what I'll do. Thanks.

6. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    That's what's in my first post. The twenty-four little doors are closed to show off the artwork in that one, but I managed to find another photo on my computer with the doors slighty open:

[​IMG]
    My pleasure. Remember to come back in here and post a photo when you've got it all mounted and displayed. :) 

7. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

I always loved the Cyclonus pic as a kid cause it looks like Superion is shooting him in the crotch lol. I also remember being tripped out at there being a Hot Rod and Rodimus at the same time. Great picture that brings back memories!

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Me too! :D  And Metroplex is shooting at Wreck-Gar and Hotrod. And Blurr is shooting at Metroplex.

And Divebomb is in the same scene as Predaking.

9. Smokescreen38

LOL... I am on my work computer and there is no trace of the image! I guess the source is blocked by my company for some lame reason (probably because they don't pay us for talking about Transformers! :D 

I just looked it up on my phone and saw the pic! Verryy cool relic. That may be extremely rare, FWIW... but it sunds like a holiday tradition for you so I hope you plan on keeping it forever. Thanks for sharing that!

Yes, I will definitely post up a pic of the framed glow poster segments. :D 

10. unpunk

unpunk Well-Known Member

The framing bits you're looking for are called "Swiss Clips" and you should be able to find them at most major art supply stores. You just need foam backing board and a sheet of glass. These look really neat btw, thanks for showing off the cool old G1 artwork.

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Can we use this for scale comparisons? :ev: 

12. Smokescreen38

Cool...thanks!
    I'm leaning towards framing them seperately but I will definitely look into this as well.

BTW, is it expensive to find UV proof glass? I have never looked into this, honestly but it would be cool to display these in my main room but they would be exposed to sunlight there..

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have all four, but some of the GITD ink has chipped away. I should bust them out and see how bad the deterioration is. Cool thread!

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I've got quite a few old bits of G1 stationary like this and it's a nice connection back to my childhood. I had considered getting high quality scans of the calendar though and making a copy to use before the original wears out and falls to bits.
    The last few years I've also used the BayFormers chocolate advent calendars but this year there doesn't seem to be any TF ones. Odd considering DotM came out this year.
    You could probably find some glow in the dark paint pens and do a touch-up job if things haven't degraded too badly.

I think it's something you might have to ask in an art, framing or glazing shop about. Although no doubt there's also someone on here that's used some and will know.
    Glass itself is generally pretty cheap. Not sure about the coating though. I know you can buy UV proof plastic film which some people use to cover their glass display cabinets to protect their TF figures from sun damage.

Or maybe something like this instead of glass?
    Acrylic Sheets OP-3 Ultraviolet (UV) Filtering Acrylic: TAP Plastics

15. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those were connected with that Hot Rod go-cart giveaway, right?

I wonder whatever happened with that.