Global Warming Warning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GavynN.X., Nov 17, 2007.

1. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

From AOL:
    http://news.aol.com/story/_a/un-panel-offers-dire-warming-forecast/20071117124909990001

The thing that stood out the most is that Africa will face serious water shortage by 2020. I'm not sure if that is a conservative estimate or agressive, which means the problems could start even earlier, making global warming an immediate problem.

How can each of us do our part to slow down the process of global warming?

It's already mid-November but Fremont, CA acts as if it's late summer! This is worrying.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I thought Africa was already facing water shortage problems.

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Errr...lets hope this thread doesnt go the wrong way....but on topic yes Africa is facing water shortages already.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I expect anyone who asks me what I'm doing about global warming--which is very little, on account of the fact that I'm always a little chilly and would personally love to have more beachfront property on the market--to justify everything about their life first.

5. ShortCircuit

ShortCircuit Decepticon

Well, someone better go lay some pipe quick!!!

Oh....er....um, they dont do that over there??

Hey frank, go tell Simba his backyard is gonna be dry in 2020.......:) 

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Crap, time to move the collection to the basement

7. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

Aye, I'll turn the heating off and put on a jumper just as soon as China and the US turns their shit off. Which will be happening some time around the fifth of never.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Clicked on the link, saw the two letters "U.N." and closed the link.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, I can't believe that the incredible effort Al Gore's put into flying around in his private jet and showing his movie hasn't fixed this global warming thing yet. And if that can't solve this crisis, what hope do we have?

10. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Global warming was invented by Hallmark in 1988 so they could sell more global warming cards.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Bow-Chika-Bow-Wow!

I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the news earlier. Still, I recycle and turn stuff off when I'm not using it. Thats about it for my contribution.

12. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Great, everyone's waiting for someone else to do something. If there's a species that really has it coming, it's ours.

13. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I'm hesitant to buy into this...

I had to sit through this in the 90s... Captain Planet, constant recycle reminders, "save the planet" written on Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts. Then scientists went "oops, we were wrong. That ozone hole is natural and will repair itself."

Add in the fact that Al Gore is a hypocrite who's house is so electricity inefficient that Looten Plunder would live there... and really, if he felt his message was that improtant, he wouldn't be charging $20 for you to hear it on DVD. And he's always crusaded against movies, games, and music for their imagined ills(or maybe Tipper is the one after them and Al is just p-whipped enough to do as she says).

14. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

We're waiting on Mars to get their global warming under control first.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  16. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Exactly. Until the Martians get this dust up settled, I don't see why we Earthlings should suffer the brunt of the costs. :p 

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly why I believe Global Warming is bullshit. Yeah I'm all for polluting as little as possible and all, but I think this is a load of BS. Like you said man, if it was real and that damn important, Al would pedal a bike from city to city and give free speeches, live in a modest house and drive nothing but hybrids and man powered vehicles. But what does he do? Try to make US change OUR lifestyle, yet he will still fly on a private jet and live in a huge house and simply pay money to "Carbon offsets" Yeah uh huh..

His film is nothing but a powerpoint presentation that never should have won an oscar. Also in the 80s wasn't the big scare global cooling? 20 years and it is the same thing in an opposite direction. There is no proof it is even man made. The Earth heats and cools in cycles. This could be nothing more than one of those cycles.

Plus these scientists think they can predict everything. After Katrina they were saying this year would be far worse of a hurricane season.. What happened? Jack shit.

18. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Global warming is a hoax. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to get into my H2 and drive down to a near by forrest to chop down some trees, all the while puffing on some nitrous oxide.

19. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    You know, my theory the whole time about the ozone hole: We are a mud ball of a planet that is just learning science. We didn't have the technology to discover something that's been there the whole time.

I totally agree, and have been saying the same thing for ages. I have one question for all these scientists that say it's totally man's fault: Ever heard of the ice age? If the Earth froze, what's not to say it won't fully thaw at some point. Do I think we, as a species are helping things, Hell no! Do I think it's completely caused by man, Hell no!

20. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is such political bullshit. you think any of our government really gives a shit about global warming? other than the votes that come with supporting the idea. theres so much to and fro to this, that I could care less. I dont litter and pick up trash around my yard. thats about as far as it goes with me. Al Gore can go and suck a crank in his Nashville mansion. he's almost like Jimmy Carter(the father of the middle east crisis) in thinking his opinion really matters.