glitching

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MacrossFA19, Jan 12, 2009.

1. MacrossFA19

MacrossFA19 That son of a bitch!!!

Ebay:
    Can some one explain this to me? What is it exactly? And why do these morons do it?

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Depends on what game your talking about.

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Glitching is when someone takes advantage of a game that has something bugged, or maybe broken. The most common examples would be (using First Persion shooters as the example) being able to walk through a wall, and then being able to shoot outside of that wall but enemy players can not shoot back, because they're shooting a wall.

It's exploiting a game's bugs to your own advantage. They're cool to discover, but not cool when using it to win a game, it's not honest playing.

4. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In the game Call of duty World at War it usually refers to a player who uses a programing error in the game to do something/go somewhere unintended by the developers. There are a few maps where players are able to go under the map and shoot from below or get into a building they are not supposed to be able to. It's a cheap way to play but until the makers create a patch there is little to be done to stop them.
    There are many videos on you tube showing players use the glitch in COD if you want to see it. Not sure about other games but I'm sure they have them also.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Or when those dorks in Halo 3 have turret barrels clip through the fence walls. Again, they shoot you and you can't shoot back. Or those ass-butts who lag like a fat dude in quick-dry cement.

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    If you'd like to see what true glitching is all about, hit up Gears of War 2 in multiplayer (and check out the forum on Xbox.com). That game is riddled with glitches, glitchers, and things of that nature.

I love playing Gears 2, but the multiplayer needs a serious patch. It takes too long to get into games, then once you do, some ass is doing stupid shit that ruins the entire match. I've had a lot of great games though, so it's not as bad as it seems, but it's certainly pretty prevalent and the worst of it has to be the lag-switchers, the shield and wall glitchers, and most recently, those that somehow manage to have more than 2 players on their team in Wingman.

I honestly haven't experience much of the glitching, but I've seen and hear about it WAY too much. I still enjoy the game and the multiplayer though--I'm just waiting for the fix to the insanely long matchmaking on it.