Glitches, Sequence Breaks, Out-of-Bounds, Mods, etc.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Noideaforaname, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Discuss playing the game in ways the creators didn't intend, but without ruining any other players' time and not necessarily making it too easy for yourself (i.e. no "infinite health/ammo/etc." codes).

I'll start:
    Strange glitch when booting up LEGO Star Wars III, Player 1 inexplicably a spaceship (and not "active") indoors instead of a normal LEGO dude.
    [​IMG]
    Curiously it didn't fix when we resetted the game. Not sure what caused it.

Cloning Robin in LEGO Batman (works with Nightwing, too):
    [​IMG]
    Robin/Nightwing can create a decoy clone which normally explodes after a few seconds. In the overworld, you can swap into that clone and move it away from where it was standing, preventing it from truly exploding (the explosion itself stays in place despite the decoy moving; said explosion will destroy any and all Robins/Nightwings that happen to be right next to it). Repeat until the game eventually freezes.

Link out of normal bounds in Wind Waker (specifically, in Hyrule):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    You walk right through most objects, and the solid ground ends abruptly. Try to explore the "ruined temple" here and you'll find yourself suddenly dropping through the earth.
    [​IMG]
    This one's pretty tricky to get at first, but you need to Hookshot the targets at an odd angle then simply float over the diving wall using the Deku Leaf.
    [​IMG]

2. thecollector

thecollector Fluffernutter Admirer

Not sure if I still have the video that I took of it, but once while playing Mass Effect 2 I randomly lost all of my weapons. I was just flying around with my arms spread out, getting shot at :D 

3. Drohitan

Drohitan Rogue Decepticon

Its been a while, but back during the Quake/TF days, the 'glitch' of the times was 'bunny hopping least that's what I knew it as.

Some bright spark clued onto that if you were walking forward and turning at the same time, you would increase speed. Time a jump into the equation just right, you can build up incredible momentum. Oh, how can I forget 'rocket jumping'

4. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I think one of the classic examples of this is the 'exploitation' of the Tribes physics engine to ski across the ground. Turned out so popular they made it into a defining feature of the series in future versions.

I also always used to enjoy exploring in World of Warcraft. It never really started with the intent to glitch underneath the world or go places I wasn't supposed to, but I always loved climbing hills and trying to get ontop of roofs and such. That was fun. Sometimes you'd see weird little things left by the devs.

5. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Perhaps one of the most famous or infamous glitches of them all:

Graphical glitches like Missingno. STILL give me nightmares.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016