Glee discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jetfire prime, May 12, 2010.

1. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    anyone else watch this show? thatd be cool if there was some other gleeks on the boards

2. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My wife and I watch it and enjoy it greatly. Sue Sylvester steals every scene she is in. Given the insecurity around here and the propensity to bash movies such as Twilight, I'd be surprised if you get many members here to admit they like or even watch the show.

3. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

My girlfriend forced me to give it a try, and I'm glad she did because it's great. Sue Sylvester is one of the funniest characters on TV. Songs are good too.

4. jetfire prime

News Credits:
    im glad to know im not alone here. any of you excited for neil patrick harris next week?

5. r0guearmy

r0guearmy Wizrd. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Glee is one of my all time favorite shows, and it certainly helps that they film in my town. The characters are charming, the songs are great covers, and the weekly dose of Jane Lynch make it a really entertaining show. The writing and humor are great, events on this show move quickly but at an understanding pace. Don't have to wait weeks to get through arcs like it would with, say, Heroes.

6. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest, I only tune in to see Brittany. She is beyond beautiful!!! :drool: 

But then again, Glee is the best show out there. Jane Lynch is insane as Sue Sylvester and Lea Michele's voice is as beautiful as her. :) 

Please let there be a Season 2! :( 

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    they ruined a beatles song in a commercial.....i refuse to even acknowledge its existance

8. jetfire prime

News Credits:
    i love listening to her lines. "i think my cat is trying to read my diary" hahaha

9. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watched the show from the start, and Jane Lynch had that "Best Supporting Actress" Emmy on lock from minute one. She is a total scene stealer, and her comedic timing is second-to-none. I haven't missed an ep yet and would indeed consider myself a loyal Gleek, but I'll be the first to admit the show's glaring faults: mainly the uneven writing and mostly shallow characters. Yes it's very entertaining with all the singing and hijinks. But Glee doesn't really do a good job balancing so many characters and arcs (a tough task, I know). That terrible storyline with Will's "pregnant" wife? Quinn's pregnancy (so important yet is barely brought up)? Tina and Arite? There is hope yet...

This week's ep was really strong. The relationship between Kurt & his dad is always written extremely well, plus we got some more Puck & Mercedes. I didn't care for some of the past few eps, especially the Madonna one but "Laryngitis" was a step in the right direction...a trite performance of "One" notwithstanding.

Hey Omar: I'll second a vote for Brittany's hawtness. Plus they're giving her more and more hilarious one-liners, so yay more screen-time for our favorite Cheerio! [don't forger about Santana, she brings it too]

With the runaway success this show is (high ratings, CDs/DVDs sales), Season 2 has indeed been confirmed.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have to admit, I checked out the Madonna homage episode, and I thought they did a very good job with the songs, and who would have thought that Jane Lynch had such a good voice???..she was :thumb  :thumb  with her version of "Vogue" :D 

11. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    I ain't no gleek...but I'm pretty close to one.

12. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    please kill the person that invented the term gleek.

partner watches it all the time, it's horribly mediocre and inconsistent. Jane Lynch is always fun though I guess.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I hated it based on the premise alone. I despise musicals. Then I watched 5 minutes. Now I really really fucking hate this piece of shit show! :Gouki:  I wish nothing but bad things to everyone involved with the show.

14. jetfire prime

News Credits:
    hey if you people dont like the show, thats cool but dont start posting hate stuff here. this is mainly meant for glee fans and theres plenty of other threads for you to post in

15. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Wow, you seem to be the most passionate person about this show here. Chill out, it's just a show.

I've only watched two episodes, but one of these days I might tune in again. It was pretty entertaining, I have to admit.

16. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a fan of the show too. I tried to get performance tickets in NY and tried the split second it went for sale early for AMEX card holders. How does a very large performance get sold out instantaneously?

The first show I saw had Rachael and Kurt dueling it off with the song 'Defying gravity'. As a fan of the wicked songs, I was instantaneously hooked.

BTW, if you go to gleesongs.com you can listen to the full production songs for free (and the cache trick works ;)  )

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I too like the show. This weeks EP was the best since they started it up again. The cover of One was pretty good.

I also have to LOL at all the people who hate it. It is become blatantly obvious that some people are wired to hate everything that is considered popular by our society. At some point you have to just stop and wonder why people burn so many calories on something as insignificant as a TV show. You don’t like it? Fine. Move along, move along.

18. jetfire prime

News Credits:
    i agree with the people saying that this weeks episode was the best since it started back up. it had great moments, especially with kurt and brittany. my personal favorite episode has to be "wheels" though....that is until next week....

19. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Finally, for a minute there i thought i was the only one on here that is a Gleek. But, i love it. I just bought Volume 1 on DVD today. My favorite charactert is either Mercedes, Quinn Emma or Kurt, and maybe Finn

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

That IS me calm. I don't talk when I'm worked up.