Heavy/Scratch: Gladky's Workshop Custom TLK Optimus Prime (Mods + Paint)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Gladky, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Gladky

Gladky Well-Known Member

Hi!

Today I would like to show you my take on Premier Edition Optimus Prime. I like the original figure but I always thought it could be improved. That's why I've decided to give it my own spin.

Wideopresentation

If you prefer watching movie than reading please feel free to check out my presentation, which also includes comparisons to the stock figure.

Photogallery

[​IMG]

We will start with the vehicle mode. As you can see whole figure received a new paintjob with custom metallic blue, prepared especially for this model.

[​IMG]

To make paint scheme stand out more i have accompanied it withslightly metalised red sections, as well as some silver parts. Some of them were treated with drybrush and washes, to show accurate damage and dirt elements would receive during exploatation.

[​IMG]

In the back you can see translucent lights and a lot of chromed details. You can find chrome on rims, gas tanks, side exhaust pipes, handles, pipes air vents western star logos, mirrors and a few different places.

[​IMG]

Every flame you can see on the cab was hand painted and contoured with light blue paint. In the gaps I have added some wasj to help separate panels and five this panel line look.

[​IMG]

During night you can turn on four LEDs in headlights to light our darkest hour.

[​IMG]

One more look on headlights and we will compare figure with stock Optimus Prime

Vehicle Mode Comparisons

[​IMG]

Only when you compare my custom to the stock figure you can see all the subtle differences between models. This shows how much details stock figure as well as painting potential of them. Here you can see the best how figure changed and how my custom blue metallic makes the difference.

[​IMG]

During customisation process I have realised figure has two holes in its roof. In my opinion those are result of simplifying its engineering during production. Of course I have fixed roof of my Optimus so it won't be leaking in the future :) 

Robot Mode

[​IMG]

And now something you have been waiting for - Robot mode! My custom shows how much potential stock figure has. Many painted details completely transformerd (Ba Dum Tssss) this toy.

[​IMG]

Of course in this mode you can still use LEDs, which will illuminate back of the figure, giving it a nice aura, especially in darkness.
    Lots of painted details compliment the figure which you cen see in above photo. I have also applied light battle damage to give my figure more realistic look.

[​IMG]

Since I got this figure I always had a feeling that stock backpack makes it look worse. That's why I modified it so it can rotate 180 degrees and look much cleaner. Of course stock configuration is still possible. By the way - I also cut exhaust pipes to match movie version. Now top parts rotate for the truck mode.

[​IMG]

Each hand got new wrist articulation with two additional joints. I also liked the idea of heavy bracelets. It seemed to match the tone so I added them to my custom. Of course I also filled the holes on the bottom of the fist so now it doesn't look hollow.
    Lukelbs inspired me to give my Optimus real cables around the thighs, but as always I had my own idea for them so those are actualy cables that connect battery and LEDs in the legs. Both cool looking and functional. Pretty neat huh?

Details

[​IMG]

When I was working on my custom Optimus I could not have forgotten about his accessories. That's why I repainted both the sword and the shield.

[​IMG]

And to top it all I have applied a ton of painted details on the head, including red scar. I believe I got pretty close to Optimus movie look.

[​IMG]

A few more shots

[​IMG]

When I was preparing this post I have realised I did not shot any comparison photos for robot mode. I will upload those later but for now you can see how both figures compare in my videopresentation which I showed in the begining of my post.

[​IMG]

To make it up to you I will attach a few more "evi" shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom TLK Optimus Prime – Summary

This custom took a lot of work. I am not even sure how long I was making it. However I am very pleased with the results. The paintjob is very precise and matches both modes. Small details and battle damage give it this realistic look and complete figure looks very impressive on my shelf. I hope you feel the same after watching this gallery. If so please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome Friend!
    Very good looking, mods and paint job is very Nice : )

3. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    Even past its release, every custom done for this figure has been unique and sublime, and your custom is no exception to the trend. Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 1
  4. KINGBOTZ

KINGBOTZ www.KINGBOTZ.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Beautiful, wow!!

5. Lukelbs

Lukelbs Well-Known Member

Impressive amount of detail!
    The wires being more accurate and functional is the coolest mod I have seen yet!
    Great work!

6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    fantastic work

7. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow, wow, wow! Stunning work! Extra kudos for adding headlights!

8. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Phenomenal!!!!

9. autobothyperboost2

autobothyperboost2 autobot cyber ninja

OMG that's one for the book of awesome customs!

10. Gladky

Gladky Well-Known Member

Yohan PLMIXMB , Timothy.R - Thank you very much. It took a lot of work :) 

eltonlin98 - I am glad you feel this way. I always try to do something different with my customs.

KINGBOTZ - Thank you! Always great hearing from you mate

Lukelbs - Thank you! Your hard work on this mould was a ton of inspiration for me so I am very happy that you enjoy my custom as well!

prime326 - Thank you!

shiftypenguin - I am a sucker for electronics in my Transformers so I had to add them :)  Thank you!

autobothyperboost2 - I was doing my best :)  Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  11. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    None of the image links work. Please fix.

12. Gladky

Gladky Well-Known Member

primalxconvoy - For some reason part of tfw users don't see my images while others do. That's why most of the photos are also available in attachments and videopresentation. I am not sure what is the problem but most likely some kind of regional lock. Currently photos are located at Polish server maniacyfigurek.pl (you can check if photos will show there correctly on your pc) . Before I used Photobucket but we all know how it ended and due to lack of good alternative I am not going to risk losing another hundreds of photos in my threads because of terms of use change.

• Like Like x 1