Giving up coffee?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, May 2, 2007.

1. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't even stand the smell of coffee and so I've never tried drinking it...but, judging solely based on the few times I've accidentally eaten a coffee-flavoured chocolate, it tastes like crap. As far as getting up in the morning, I eat a good breakfast (protein, bit of starch, fruit and milk), then bicycle 10 minutes to work.

As for other stuff, I don't like colas (Pepsi, Coke, etc) because they taste awful, and I avoid other sodas to keep my sugar intake down. I have Gatorade when I'm doing heavy exercise, but otherwise just water. Don't drink alcohol or smoke either.

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have one some times 2 coffees a day. I had the feeling I should cut down on my caffeine so I dropped soda (I’ll have maybe one a week now) but I’m keeping the coffee.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

I never drank coffee, figured it would stunt my growth.

4. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

What Brand of coffee?

I cut down tooo from a LOT of Turkish coffee (which is twice as potent as regular) To just under a Pot of regular coffee.

Giving up Arab or Turkish Coffee is akin to quitting crack.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m 6’2” so I wouldn’t worry about that.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2 

The beans are grown in third world countries that require to sell something to feed their families. If it wasn't coffee, it would be coca, or farm land or something that would take out the rain forest.

7. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I used to be this way and I guess when you start becoming a adult in some situations you start to like it. Your sences mature and you can taste more foods and smell more smells. Im drinking some right now.

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think this sounds skethcy (at best), but to nitpick: Which situations would those be exactly? I'm 25 and, presumably, should have run into some of them by now. Secondly, just because one's senses allow improved smell and taste with increasing age, doesn't mean one is going to automatically like all those extra smells and tastes. As I've gotten older, it's gotten so I can't stand the smell/taste of alcohol (for example), which I used to not mind.

Dragging this back to coffee, ignoring the taste and smell, it just sounds like something unpleasant to get started/hooked on. Once you're using it, can't get up in the morning without it? Need several cups just to get through the day? Can't quit or cut back without suffering various physical symptoms (headaches, etc)? Sounds like fun.

9. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

See the thing is, what got me started was I love the taste og coffee, I even love the smell, always have ever since I was a child.

10. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Don't really like the taste of coffee, so I never drink it. I do occasionally have cold coffee milk, but I've basically given that up now along with all "sodas." I wasn't drinking that much to start with anyway. I find that drinking plenty of water is the best way to go.

11. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I've just finished a month's detox, so no coffee (or indeed anything but water).

I'm exceedingly glad it's over.

Phazer