Giving stuff that gets a bad rap some praise.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by D-Unit, Jan 22, 2012.

1. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With all the threads lately, it seems there's a lot of "I don't get why people like ___________________" or "__________________ is so overrated". I wanted to start a thread where we tell what we liked that a lot of others didn't or that polarize people. I'll start with G1 Season 3. I just sat down to eat breakfast about an hour ago and went to see what was on my DVR, and there were two s3 Episodes, "Chaos" and "Money is Everything". For all the hate season 3 gets, I don't get how people can say epsiodes like this are "worse" than any of the other two seasons.

Chaos
    One had an episode with Kup actually revisiting one of his old war stories, NO Rodimus/Ultra Magnus to eat up all the screen time, showed some love to some lesser-seen characters (Blast-off, Astrotrain, Runamuck all have speaking parts) and a rarity for season 3, the artwork/animation was very good.

Money is Everything
    I really didn't care for as a kid, and this was probably hte first time I had seen it since 3rd grade, but this time I really enjoyed it. It's very rare they have an epsiode with no Rodimus/Galvatron, but pretty much the entire cast was just the Technobots and Terrorcons. On paper, that just looks like a giant "to sell toys" episdoe (which it kinda was, but...) but the story was actually enjoyable, and it had a character that was pretty much intended to be Han Solo interacting with the Quints and Transformers, so for a 25 year old kids show designed to sell toys, it was pretty entertaining.

---->Well, anyone else want to give some love to the "red headed step children" of the franchise?

2. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I favor the whole season 3 (minus Carnage in C-Minor *g*) over the first two seasons :) 

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Same here, though I do like War Dawn.

Also, I love Beast Machines.

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    inb4Kissplayers

5. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yep, me too. And The Search for Alpha Trion :)  or The Key to Vector Sigma.

6. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Drift is a decent character.

7. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

I enjoy Season 3, Beastwars/Machines, A/E/C the Bayversefilms, Animated, and Prime. All negative feedback in one way or another. In a nuttshell as a fandom. Hasbro just can't do anything right! lawl

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Transformers Cybertron as a whole.

IDW/G1 Prowl because he's a logical dick that isn't whiny or annoying.

DOTM Sentinel Prime, He is one of the best movie villains ever and Ironhide fanboys have to move accept his death and move on.

TFA Bumblebee because he's more of a charecter than Bayformer BB ever was, plus he never shelfwarmed badly.

9. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    -I like drift (then again i didnt know he even existed until early last year so i probably didnt know much about the hate)
    -i find season 3 of g1 much more watchable than the first season and half of the second season
    -I like beast Machines
    -i like the beast (dinobot combiner)
    -I like Beast machines Nightscream

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think the gimmick-based figures from the end of G1 don't get nearly the love they deserve. They were crazy at times and the designs of many were not amazing, but they were a risk taken to move the brand into a new direction, and there's a bunch that (to me at least) shone brighter than many of the "normal" figures that preceeded them.

11. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Oh yeah i forgot to say i like action masters and pretenders

12. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

I never hated Drift, and I always felt he had potential. And now he's living up to it under the pen of Roberts.

Also, I don't hate Armada. It wasn't GOOD at first, but it got better after the first 26 episodes, and gave us the best damn Starscream ever.

13. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I'll confess that I do like most of the Beast Machines designs. I don't think they necessarily fit in with the rest of the entire TF franchise's motif, per se (with the possible exception of some of the Baymovie designs), but it doesn't mean that the line didn't have some unique, dynamic character design overall.

14. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with these and I quite like season 3. The entire season had an overall plot compared to season 2 which was purely toy-commercials by the episode "Make Tracks".

I do enjoy Armada (the show) as well more so than others. Speaking of Armada, I like the antlers Megatron/Galvatron has.

15. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    I love drift! I think he is a unique character, I also love season 3. I think that we rearely got to see any of cybertrons past history in season 1 and 2 and I liekd it, it focused not so much on the war and more of cybertrons past and that was a really good insight, I also enjoyed the story line for beast machines but not the ending and the organic part of cybertron bit (a little to over the top for me). I also Love the toy for Alpha Q and I was one of the ones who got up TJ Omega when he did that negative review for him, I think the toy looks awesome and the detail in him is amazing!

16. robodog

robodog Fur, Fangs and Steel

I love the movies despite the flaws. I also love Action Masters. I wish I had picked up a few back in the day.

17. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    RID. LOVE that show!

18. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

G1 Season 3 has "The Burden Hardest to Bear", which is an awesome episode.

Beast Machines had... a good premise.

Armada had Starscream and a genuinely good story arc.

Energon had... some good ideas.

Cybertron had great toys.

Drift is a pretty cool guy.

Revenge of the Fallen had Jolt.

See? Everything has some redeemable qualities.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I actually like toys with gimmicks to an extent. It depends on what it is. Combining is technically a gimmick, and Cyber keys hardly every intrude heavily on the toy, hell some toys had the gimmick entirely removable (Wreckloose, Hardtop). Minicons were usually good toys on their own, and of course some toys have "personal gimmicks", where it's not line wide, but they do have one.

I like gimmicks as they add more playability, and these are TOYS first and foremost. The reason I buy Transformers is because they are fun toys, and that is also why I don't buy Robot Replicas, Mighty Muggs, etc, as they lack the same playability.

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I like season 3 of G1 more than the first two actually. I just like the atmosphere of it so much and it got a little darker in some episodes. I actually thought Energon was ok; not great, but tolerable for me at least. I love Revenge of the Fallen and I think it is on par with or better than Dark of the Moon. Of course, I still think the 2007 movie is still the best.