Customs: Giving Leader Class Optimus a Sword, Need Advice

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by deathpsyker, Sep 9, 2007.

1. deathpsyker

deathpsyker Member

I want to give my leader class prime a blade, but I need some advice. As of now, I'm considering using an orange cd case such as this one: http://www.shop4tech.com/item2133.html. If anyone has any other ideas I'm open to suggestion.

metallic paint for the grey parts, I'm considering something from games workshop like boltgun metal, or chainmail. Again, if you think something works better let me know.

As far as I can figure, this will get me the blade. But for the handle I'm completely lost. Anyone know how I could do this?

finally, what would be the best tool to use to carve it out. Exacto knife?

2. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome deathpsyker, If your going for a translucent sword then your definitely on the right tract. The paint is just preference as for me I use nothing but Tamiya but others use Testors but all are pretty good. As for the handle, you can fabricate it your self but unless you have serious skill it might not come out too good, might want to buy a cheap action figure with a sword and cut of the blade part and use the hilt with a little sculpt to make it more authentic. Hope I helped.

3. deathpsyker

deathpsyker Member

finding another figure with the hilt sounds like a good idea, but how then would i attach the blade that I make to it? Also, would an exacto knife work for cutting out the blade?

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    i used CD cases for mine, but the soft plastic type. It's super easy to cut/sand and it won't snap as easily. It's paintable too!

5. deathpsyker

deathpsyker Member

got any links/recomendations for a soft plastic cd case? where can i get them? also what did u cut it with, and how did u make the handle.

6. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    well, there's no handle (yet)
    but I bought the CD cases in best buy. they are the circle shaped kind.

7. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
  8. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

If you really want it movie authentic you might want to go without the hilt and just do a blade, use magnets to keep it on in the inside of his hand. Definitely use the bullet case like Jin said though. As soon as I get my magnets I am going to tackle this one and get it as close to the movie as I can.

9. deathpsyker

deathpsyker Member

Just one thing, how much is a bullet case? Also, how would i attach the ends im not using for magnetism to the wrist/sword? glue?