Customs: Giving G2 Dreadwing a new screwhole. Need help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Maverick Hunter Christian, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

Jun 28, 2002
    News Credits:
    Years and years ago, when Dreadwind and Smokejumper were released in RiD, folks quickly found they could be combined in a really sweet fashion to the Armada Megatron/Galvatron mold. ...and it was good.

For years, I've been wanting to do the same with G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen and my OTFCC Mega Zarak. After finally acquiring Dreadwing and Smokescreen and attempting the combination, I was stumped at the difficulty I was having attaching Dreadwing to Mega Zarak's back. Only later did I learn the RiD release of Dreadwind had an additional screwhole under the bomber's nose section that makes the combination possible -- a feature that isn't on the original version of the mold.

Now, I've never physically altered a figure before, so I am a complete and utter n00b insofar as what I want to attempt. So I kindly ask the Radicons for your sage advice. Such as, what tools should I be using? What size does the hole need to be in order to fit snugly over a Mini-Con port? What kind've work environment should I ...uh, work in? Anything at all that you feel could help me along in my first project.

Much thanks for taking a look.