Given how MLP fans were able to get Derpy Hooves into the show...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Snark, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...it is only right that we, as fans of TFP, push for the producers to canonize Steve and put him into the show!

2. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    and he's going to be Raf's very special bess fran.

(no seriously, I agree.)

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    1. Who is Steve?
    2. ALL HAIL DERPY.
    3. I've always found it interesting how a fandom can affect a certain franchise. I'm racking my mind trying to think of a good fandom-push that's happened in the TF franchise in recent years.

4. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^
    Steve's a lovestruck eradicon who is utterly infatuated with Starscream.

He has a rival named Greg, an aerial eradicon who simply lusts for Starcream's legs.

Finally, he has a dad named Isaac, an intelligent and erudite miner who was initially proud of Steve for making warrior class, but eventually became disappointed in him for being obsessed with Starscream.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I think the problem with trying to get a fan-supported character like Derpy into a show like TF Prime is that Steve isn't both a background character AND visually unique. He's just a random drone. And more often than not, those drones tend to bite the big one against the Autobots.

Derpy, meanwhile, is one of many (initially) generic background characters who were created to do no more than fill out crowds. Nobody knows why she was derped in episode one, but since her derp eyes is the only noticeable trait differing her, and to those unawares of the significance of the derp, it can be hard to miss for the casual viewer. But the animators can get away with having the ocasional quick background appearance and derping of an essentially generic pony (and in more recent episodes, litterally putting her center stage while derping for a quick moment).

The name given to an "individual" Eradicon/Vehicon, even though he's no different than any other drone type.

The push to have Peter Cullen return to his role of voicing Optimus Prime comes to mind, and so does the mass Erector campaign for the HoF.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I want Steve in canon. And Mark too. (the Miner that Ratchet tortured)

7. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mark the miner turns into lockdown, right?

8. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

No. If they introduce Lockdown, he should be his own character

9. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    Actually, I love the idea of a Vehicon being wounded and needing repairs, but ends up getting hooked on upgrading his body until he is no longer a Vehicon and is given the name Lockdown. It would make a very good decepticon-centric episode.

10. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Another and another Steve will come off the production line...looks like the Cons haven't had any shortage of Vehicons/Eradicons to date. Steve lives on! :) 

11. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

That DOES sound neat

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    mhm, but I think we just need a Vehicon episode to flush them out some more. For example, we know they are living cybertronians, but do all cybertronians look like that before they somehow get upgraded to an individual body? Do any of the vehicons have names? There so much that could be answered and would be an interesting filler episode if they ever needed one (it's dozens of the same character model lol). Theres even precedent for it in others shows: Ghost in the Shell, Teen Titans, powerpuff girls, Dexters Laboratory, and many others.

Idk, I just think it'd be an interesting idea for the writer to explore.

13. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

What about if we call the next Eradicon who is tortured Bob? Then we can have Steve, Bob, Mark, Greg, and Isaac. The Lockdown idea sounds good to me as well. It would look into the Eradicons more if a episode like that was made. And who is Derpy Hooves? Sorry I just got into MLP recently and I love it.

14. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

The idea of Steve is ungodly stupid.

A Vehicon with personality would be neat though, My main idea was a character called Col. Rustworth, the first vehicon who served as a prototype for the others and he is currently their taskmaster aboard The Nemesis.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

All of the Vehicons have Personality. They're like Clone Troopers. And weather you think Steve is stupid or not, we still like it.

16. Overlord Balder

The Clone comparison is exactly what I was aiming for, Vehicons are Clone Troopers, so we need a "Commander Rex" for this team.

And would someone care to explain why exactly the Steve idea is interesting? Seriously here, not trolling.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It's just something fun someone made up for the Vehicon who questions Starscream in Episode 6 and gets pimp slapped by him in a later episode. It's clever because the vehicons are generics, so they get generic names. Sorry to nitpick, but it's Captain Rex. They need a Commander Cody too.

18. Hakudoushi

Hakudoushi Well-Known Member

Even a reference would be awesome. :lol :

19. Overlord Balder

I see, well, I think creating a personality for that Vehicon is a good idea, I just don't like the personality that was picked.

I, for one, prefer the idea of a war-veteran Vehicon or a psychotic hunter Vehicon with a scar on his eye [someone suggested that once].

Same crap, same crap.

20. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Look up "forced meme."