give your opinion on the worst HA figure

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by primenemesis, Sep 11, 2010.

1. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Since I have most of them and they're all awesome, and the few I don't have look awesome, I'll say Mudflap, because I CAN'T FREAKING FIND IT ANYWHERE.

2. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    Sideswipe's robot mode is just too thick and stumpy for me, the back pack only makes him worse. The car mode is great though. Not a huge fan of Barricade either.

3. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Which deluxe do you mean..ROTF or HFTD?

4. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mudflap irritates me the most - hard to separate his waist and all.
    I'd say Sideswipe, but the alt mode is so sweet.

5. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Sideswipe has been growing on me more and more, especially since I did the mods seen in the other thread to his backpack and face. That and his epic car mode. Originally I passed on Bumblebee and sideswipe for a looooong time. Barricade is the one who got me collecting HA, Now I have all except the elusive mudflap. Bumblebee has a nice satisfying transformation, but has a bunch of stuff bringing him down in my book. The lack of a proper hand, coupled with the weird skinny arms. Seriously, they look fine when posed, but put both his arms straight down and they are practically sticks. Then there is the weird shoulder joints that just flop down at any kind of movement. (I've been having to make him even less accurate and fold the wheels back in to hold the shoulders up.) Then there are the ******ed seats on his arms that won't fold up, not to mention the spring-loaded chest pieces that pop back in with a slight gush of air. And finally the worst offender-the massive car kibble on the front of his legs. Kinda nit picky, but yeah, I'm gonna go against the grain and say bumblebee is the worst. But overall HA is an amazing line.

6. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    uh. ROTF?

the HFTD is the one with the guns right?
    dont have that one. not too big on the guns [nice nod i guess?] nor the color scheme.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like them all.

From an execution perspective (how well did Hasbro make them)- Bumblebee is the most troubled. I really hope that if the line continues on that we get completely new passes at both BB and Sideswipe (as much as I do like him there is room for improvement)- and they both get new car modes in the next movie.

From a design perspective (meaning blame Bay)- Skids and Mudflap are probably the weakest (although both toys are executed pretty darn well).

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Popular opinion isn't wrong on this one:

Sideswipe by far. Severely mis-proportioned, excess kibble and a general lack of detail in robot mode. These factors all combine to create what is by far the worst mold in the line so far.

Mudflap's waist joint is definitely on the tricky side.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Newer HA figures based off characters/toys that already received a HA toy is a extremly bad idea. I don't need nor want 2 HA toys based off the same character. I don't want vaulable HA toy slots wasted on improving a HA toy that wasn't done right the first time around.

I prefer as many different TF1/TF2/TF3 characters/toys get the HA toy treatment as possible. most likely all the TF3 new characters who have sports cars/regular car styled alt modes. like that red ferrari that many think is Hotrod. like some of the Wreckers. and others with sports car/regular car alt modes.

I'd also like the HA toy line to produce some off-screen characters like ROTF Lockdown & other characters from different toy lines like as follows: HA Drift,HA Armada hotshot,HA G-1 Styled Hotrod,HA 1987 Chromedome with the headmaster. HA 1986 arcee,HA autobots 1986 targetmasters,with the targetmasters as the drivers. HA 1987 Punch/counter punch. HA minerva with the headmaster. HA autobot powermasters with the powermasters as the driver & engine.

10. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'll agree that sideswipe is awful. as it lacks key articulation like rotate swivel 360 degree joints in the legs. no waist joint.

I dis-agree in a big way on HA Bumblebee. both HA Bumblebee & HA jazz are the best HA toys the HA line has to offer.

HA Bumblebee is the best bumblebee toy out of all the TF1 & TF2 movie bumblebee toys made thus far.

The HA toys are suspose to feature harder transformations because there made for a higher kid age & more geared towards grown up TF fans.

11. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I had to rank the four that I have, from best to worst:
    Jazz
    Skids
    Bumblebee
    Sideswipe

I agree with the consensus on Sideswipe, he's lacking articulation and the dynamic design of the character that's pretty well executed in the deluxe. Bumblebee is a great action figure but some things are a bit off on him as to him being a representation of the character. I would actually like a new Bee mold which incorporates what the Battle Blade has accomplished.

12. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sideswipe because of the back kibble and the strange looking fig that Epps is.

BB gets a special mention because his head pops off 100% of the time I transform him; it may as well be a part of his transformation. Am I the only one that has this problem???

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I can only say that Sideswipe is the "least best" of the line. I'm hesitant to say "worst" because I still think it's a good toy.

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    By far Sideswipe. Looks good from the front, but once you start to pose him, his glory quickly poofs into thin air. Not to mention major balance issues via his backpack, and the near-useless articulation at his hips.

15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yep, let's not forget that it isn't just the backpack that makes Sideswipe suck - his leg articulation would be pathetic for anything above a legends figure. It's inexcusable for an HA.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Sideswipe. Huge backpack, anorexic waist, thunder thighs, droopy little nubbins that are supposed to be swords, stupid battle mask, freakishly disproportionate human buddy.

The only thing good about him is the vehicle mode, which you could just buy a regular toy/model of.

17. C-109

C-109 Targetmaster

Nope, happens with mine all the time. If I even look at him funny his head will pop off. Also, I can't touch his battle mask or I risk the same there too.

18. Nefud

Nefud Well-Known Member

Skids by far. Fussy as hell to transform, looks like crap in both modes. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it.

19. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Sideswipe

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Barricade
    Sideswipe
    Bumblebee
    Skids