Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by Tomiku, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Tomiku

Tomiku black repaint fetishist

Currently it's still in development (AKA my camera's crapping out, a few vital characters have yet to be purchased, and my GIMP skills are mediocre at best), but I thought I could throw out a bit of info for feedback to see whether I'm on the right track or whether I should steer things in a different direction... Besides, I'm just bubbling over with ideas for this, if I kept everything quiet any longer I might have exploded. Or at least spammed up other threads talking about it.

What I have so far is seven mini-bios and a very brief plot summary for the first big arc, all spoiler-free. Hopefully I won't have mods descending on me like rabid sharkticons for not having any visuals yet...

Designation: Elita-1
    Purpose: hot-headed main character
    Allegiance: Autobot
    Specialty: sniping, infiltration
    Figure: TFTM scout

Designation: Arcee
    Purpose: smart-alec main character
    Allegiance: Autobot
    Specialty: sniping, infiltration, diplomatics
    Figure: TFTM deluxe, first release

Designation: Gali
    Purpose: level-headed main character
    Allegiance: those she perceives as the "good guys"
    Specialty: melee combat, infiltration, tactics, seemingly supernatural powers, peacekeeping
    Figure: custom Bionicle meant to represent the character Gali/Gali Nuva

Designation: Mao Chao
    Purpose: energetic, naive main character; the "cute factor"
    Allegiance: as she has lost her memory, those who found and fixed her: the Autobots
    Specialty: melee combat, peacekeeping; frequently shafted with the job of "distraction"
    Figure: Mao Chao Busou Shinki figure

Designation: Wheelie
    Gender: Ummm... *kicks Wheelie in the crotch* Oh yeah, definitely male.
    Purpose: comic relief; abuse magnet
    Allegiance: allegedly the Autobots; hates being one but knows he would be killed by Decepticons if he defected.
    Specialty: ummm... poetry? I guess he's pretty fast, too...
    Figure: Cybertron Legends Class Excellion

Designation: Roodaka
    Purpose: femme fatale; main villain
    Allegiance: To herself. Will pretend to be aligned with those she can profit the most from.
    Specialty: lies and deceit, seemingly supernatural powers, enormous endurance and physical strength
    Figure: Bionicle set Roodaka, currently unobtained

Designations: Sideways, Rook, and Crosswise
    Purpose: all-around fourth wall breaker
    Allegiance: He tells others he serves the Great Devourer, which isn't referring to planet-eating Unicron... And I'm not telling you who it is yet, either, nyah nyah!
    Specialty: knows absolutely everything that is going on and even a good bit about the future, as well as seemingly being able to read minds
    Figure: Armada Sideways, Rook, and Crosswise

After an introduction period, Optimus Prime forms Elita-1, Arcee, Gali, and Mao into a special-ops team with the purpose of keeping Roodaka from aiding the Decepticons by any means necessary. This is the main storyline. There will be many non-sequiters and side stories, mostly featuring the Classics line 'bots and 'cons.

Some quick previews of the funny side; we'll have some Pirate vs. Ninja rivalries, a few of the classic jokes such as Prime's a dick, and I'll be importing some jokes from my former comics such as pyromania and the adventures of a disembodied head (too bad Wheelie's is molded onto his body or it'd definitely be his).

And now, I need to shut up, before I reveal absolutely everything. I'm gonna start trying to jury-rig my camera tomorrow until I can get a new one, with luck I'll have the first strip up tomorrow night.

2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Very cool concept. I see you have Shinkis amongst your robot ranks. Can't wait :D 

3. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Ooooh, very interesting cast! Especially Mao, who in this case seems to suffer from some sort of amnesia... Can't wait to see it! :D 

And Wheelie is the abuse magnet? This pleases me. Yeesss...

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm intrigued to see a comic of fembots, this forum lacks some fembot power.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Looking forward to it! :) 

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Wheelie gonna get Kicked! :lol 

Please beat the shit out of Armada sideways i freaking hate him.

7. Vraptor140

Vraptor140 Well-Known Member

Oh my, Transformers, Shinkis and Bionicle togheter in one comic as main characters. My dreams have come true.

8. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    I don't get the Shinki fascination, but let's see the comic! :thumb 

9. Tomiku

Oh yes, horrible amnesia. But really, think about it. The Autobot cast I'm working with is almost all Classics, which means no Perceptor, Ratchet, or Wheeljack to help. The only ones that can really help her would be the Constructicons, and having Mao fall immediately into the hands of the Decepticons is not something I'm willing to do.

Eh... I'll make sure he endures some hardships for you, but nothing too bad will happen to him, for reasons I will not yet reveal (spoilers). His new master has also done a bit of "reprogramming" with him, so he's not the same abomination from the Armada cartoon (which was an abomination in and of itself).

Then apparently you don't have one. Get one. You will instantly become fascinated by their splendor. As for me owning Mao, blame and/or thank DilaZirk for that. In fact, the role now to be played by Roodaka was originally going to be Alt Nemy's role.

Sorry for no comic tonight, I wrote up a script and was about to start taking pictures when I got violently sick and was stuck in the bathroom for 4 freakin' hours... I just got out and it's almost bedtime, so it'll have to wait until after my early morning doctor's appointment tomorrow...

Oh, and Vraptor140, you're a Bionicle fan? Well then, you'll be one of the few to understand this little revelation: this whole fiasco, characters from all over the multiverse coming together in one place, is being caused by adverse affects from usage of the Kanohi Vahi. And if you know what the Vahi messes with, you'll know what transformer is likely to get involved...

10. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I know the feeling, so you've got my sympathies. I hope you're feeling better soon, I'm looking forward to seeing a new strip around here.

11. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Still no comic? :( 

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    True that,I canb't wait for this,

*Kick Wheelie in Nuts until an Updtae happens*

13. Tomiku

*joins in kicking Wheelie in the crotch until he can get out of bed long enough to finish taking pictures*

What? Just 'cause I'm online doesn't mean I'm not in bed. I have a laptop with wireless access.

But I did get my camera to half-work (I have to use flash or the picture gets covered with purple spots for some reason) and shot the first half before I collapsed on the floor and crawled back to bed... *removes lengthy rant about how much being nearly bedridden sucks*

Hey, at least once I get the pictures onto my comp I'll have plenty of time to do with them whatever I please, it's not lke I got anything better to do... *mumblegrumble*

14. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    Oooh, still ill I take it?

Get well soon.

15. Tomiku

Okey dokey, feeling a fair bit better, and somehow managed to fix the purple spots problem with my camera, but then fate decided it still didn't want me to make a comic yet and stole all my battery life. But fear not, for I was able to shoot two teasers before the camera died!

[​IMG]

I was so happy when I figured out how to get Gali to hold certain weapons. It's a very tight fit, but it works.

[​IMG]

Wheelie vs. Safeguard! :p 

Will get more batteries today, HOPEFULLY the actual comic will start soon...

16. Vraptor140

Vraptor140 Well-Known Member

Hey Tomiku, have you thought about getting Gali Mistika as herself

Gali Mistika

Or Gorast as evil female

Gorast

17. Tomiku

AAAAAAAH! KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

Translated: Yes, I thought about it... Until I saw it. I might cast Gali Mistika as an evil twin or something down the road, if I feel like shelling out $13... Man, remember when Toa used to cost $7?

Besides, I'm actually quite proud of this Gali's design. I'm probably gonna send her to Brickfest this year. If I don't bring her there myself, that is.

18. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    No shots of teh Shinkis tho? Daw...

19. Tomiku

Patience, young grasshopper.

[​IMG]

And voila! This isn't the same comic I was saying I had half-finished. The pictures for that one got deleted somehow. I decided that since I had to reshoot I could do it outside since it felt nice but looked nasty... But it got really dark really fast, as you can see. And I am NOT going to do another one until I can get a camera that's worth a damn...

20. NotAnAutobot

NotAnAutobot Jus' makin' some comics..

I liked the customized Gali, but I personally think that the Kaukau Nuva would have looked better...

Not that I'm complaining. This looks like it's about to get VERY interesting.