Girlfriend Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok so like 99% of you here I collect Transformers, and I was Lucky enough to get a girl who understands! You see she understands becuse she collects PEZ, so when I drop $60+ dollars on a 4" toy, I don't have to get into a fight. I just tell her its THS 02, its rare, and she gets it.

So you may be asking yourself "So whats the issue sounds like you've got it pretty good" will the issue is not mine. You see my girl friend has been watching me, on here, and well shes getting a little jealous. Not so much that I'm on here, but that she doesn't have a place like this to go for her PEZ. She sees how awesome you guys are, how when I have any question I can just ask, and I usually get an answer with in a few minutes. There's a lot she wants to learn about her PEZ, but she has no where to look the stuff up, and no one to ask if she cant find, or doesn't understand the info she needs.

We googled PEZ forums, and only found two places that actually dealt with PEZ (The others seemed to be about some game called Plane Eating Zombies or something like that). The first one was PEZ Heads a Yahoo group, the second is the PEZ Community forum. The first she got accepted to, but they have such Nazi like rules that even someone like me who has been using forums, and chat rooms since AOL first came out would be intimidated by. Not to mention she sent out her first question to the group 3 days ago, after 2 day it was finally approved (Yes all messages must be approved), and it has now been up for a day with no reply. The second isn't even accepting new members right now.

So long story short, my girl friend wants to find a PEZ forum so she can share her Love of PEZ, and find info on PEZ like we do here with our Transformers. So the question is do any of you know a site like that. My girl friend could really use the help. Thanks guys

Thanks
    Movie Prime

P.S. I have to say after watching what shes going through I really have a new appreciation for this place, and all of you!

2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tell her to sell her PEZ and join the Classics community. Done and done. :) 

Seriously though, I think you already found your answer. Sort out your girlfriend's issues with the PEZ Community and live a happy, promiscuous life.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Get her to start a forum and invite fellow PEZ fans over.

Problem solved.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

^ both very good solutions.

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Just look find a Transformers-theme PEZ,and give it to her. Problem Solved!

6. Movie PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I don't know if I really want here collecting Transformers. I could just see the arguments now over who gets what Transformer, and which Transformer belongs to who. LoL.

I don't understand. I if there not accepting new members whats to sort out?

Shes not very Internet savy. Plus I wouldn't even know where to begin to help her find people to invite. I'm sure she couldn't post it to PEZ Heads.

There are none. I already looked! ;) 
    Plus that doesn't help find info on all the other PEZ she has.

7. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Are there pez sections on any other figure collecting webboards? She could start a thread on the Toyark and see if there are any bites. Failing that, she could start going to local collector shows, where there's usually one or two people selling pez stuff in my experience. Meet those people, see where they go for their online pez fix, or see if one of them can start a site.

If she can't find the information about her PEZ easily on line, then she has the opportunity to start her own information resource. Just fire up a wiki page and put in whatever photos and information she can gather, and see if it attracts more people.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Build it and they will come. Especially if the alternatives are as crappy as you say. But then if people were really crying out for a great, friendly PEZ site/resource rather than the nazi one you describe I'd have thought someone would've done it already by now.

Is this one you looked at?

http://www.pezcommunity.com/

It looks like they even have a sub forum dedicated to finding other PEZ sites.

(whoops - just noticed someone already posted that link)

There's a PEZ Facebook page too.

I've got those Optimus and Bumblebee candy dispensors. Although I don't think they're actually PEZ. If there was a similar thing with all G1 characters that'd be awesome.

10. Movie PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW when I showed her the Kliks she gave me a really dirty look! She said "Kiiks are the twisted, evil, bastard, half brothers of PEZ, and she wants nothing to do with them". LMAO! She did how ever tell me to thank you for being so nice, and trying!

Yes that is the forum I was talking about. When you click on the register button it comes back with an error message that says "The board administrator is no longer accepting any new registrations at the moment".

This one maybe the most helpful so far! I'll get her on Toyark latter today. Hopefully she can find something. I really don't like seeing her get stressed over this stuff if I could find her a place to talk about her PEZ it would be a God send!

Yeah we looked for like 2 hours one night in the hopes that there was Transformers PEZ. She really wanted there to be that way she could have PEZ that crossed both of our interests!

I also just want say again how awesome you guys are! I made a tread in the most over looked part of the forums about another toy that has nothing to do with Transformers, and in less then an hour I have 7 replies from people going out there way to help. You guys ROCK!

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    So... Kliks are like Go-Bots? :) 

Also, I am of no help, but I remember an episode of Pawn Stars where someone was trying to sell a PEZ collection and he didn't like the stores offer, angrily referring to it as "An insult to the PEZ Community!" Which I thought sounded hilarious

12. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    Tell her its a.....KO PEZ dispenser :tongue:  j/k And no problem. :cool: 

That reminds me.....I have to go look for that Darth Vader and Stormtrooper PEZ dispenser I got stored somewhere......

That's also one thing I like about this forum :thumb 

13. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are they not accepting new members? If it's a technical problem, notify the admins and sort it out. If it's a policy change, appeal to the admins and sort it out.

14. The Dark Seeker

News Credits:
    I wouldn't know this myself, but when I visited the site, there were 0 users online and 0 guests. If the forum is being ran in such an awful fashion, then I wouldn't blame people for not wanting to even log on anymore.

15. cingularman31

cingularman31 Alternator Freak

News Credits:
    There is a contact page for the Moderator of the PEZ Forum, IDK, you can try to email them here. diva@pezcommunity.com

Stixx

16. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
  17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

You should start a PEZ thread in the Toyark indeed. I like PEZ, especially red & purple.. oh, and the dispensers are OK as well. I made this OP PEZ Dispenser out of a spare Powermaster Prime head years ago, it worked too :thumb 

[​IMG]

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I remember that episode, that guy got heated! I never did get to see the end of the transformers segment :(