Girl-on-girl Fighting Growing. "Animalistic" video included.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tenebrouser, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Crazy chicks. Video of a house beating included in the link.

http://www.local6.com/news/15831787/detail.html

Girl-On-Girl Fight Trend Growing Online
    Behavioral Experts: Girls Are Worst Offenders For New Type Of Bullying

POSTED: 6:22 am EDT April 9, 2008
    UPDATED: 7:26 am EDT April 9, 2008

POLK COUNTY, Fla. -- Behavioral experts said girls are the worst offenders for the type of bullying associated with a recent attack described as "animalistic" in which a group of six girls pummeled a classmate for 30 minutes until she passed out.

Girls fighting girls is becoming a troubling trend on YouTube, experts said.

A search for "girl fight in Florida" in YouTube uncovered a series of violent fights in Brevard, Volusia and Orange counties.

Experts classify the beatings as cyber-bullying, saying the girls can continue to torment their victims long after their bruises heal by posting the beatings online for the world to see.

Behavior experts said girls are the worst offenders for this type of bullying, Local 6's Lauren Rowe reported.

Expert Jill Gentry said the over exposure to violence in our culture may be behind the girls' apparently inability to feel empathy for the girl they are attacking.

"Aggression unfortunately can be very contagious at times," Gentry said.

Meanwhile, the girls accused in the attack joked in a holding cell after their arrests and wondered about missing cheer practice after the alleged attack, according to a report.

"They seem to have absolutely no remorse at all," Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said. "I don't understand the sheer violence."

Video of the Florida girl being punched and beaten at a Polk County home has gained national attention in recent days.

Judd said that he now wants the six girls and two boys involved in the attack charged as adults.

Sheriff: Girls Set Trap

Investigators said the victim apparently posted something against the six girls on MySpace before she was lured to the home by a phone call from teen Mercedes Nichols.

Police said the girl traveled to the house and walked into the trap.

One girl met her at the door and five others were hiding in a back room, detectives said. The girls were then seen on video pummeling the girl in the face and body and slamming her head into a wall.

As the videotape rolled, a girl's voice is heard yelling, "There is only 17 seconds left; make it good."

Police said the girls wanted to post the video on YouTube and MySpace.

"'There is only 17 seconds left; make it good,'" Judd said. "That is animalistic behavior and it is pack mentality. They lured her there to beat her and beat her. They left her with a concussion. We have photographs of her with two black eyes; her nose is swollen."

The girl was taken to a hospital by ambulance and treated for a concussion, damage to her left eye and ear, and numerous bruises, the report said.

The girl can no longer see well out of one eye and hear from one ear, Local 6 reported.

Police said two boys stood lookout outside the house during the beating.

Some of the girls accused of being involved in the attack were on a cheerleading squad at a local high school in Lakeland.

Following their arrests, some of the girls joked in a holding cell, the Lakeland Ledger reported.

One girl asked if she would be able to make it to cheerleading practice the next day, the report said.

The six girls and two boys face battery and false imprisonment charges.

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Damn, that girl took a beat down. So sad. :( 

3. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I saw this on the news last night and was speechless. The video was absolutely disgusting, and I cannot imagine people actually acting that way. My only hope is they do go to trial as an adult and get convicted (although my spidey sense says they get a good slime-ball lawyer to get them off) and learn from the school of hard knocks.

4. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What the hell happened to the good ol' fashioned lunchtime rumble at recess? Not that gang-beating anyone is ever a good idea but THAT is at least more understandable than this... I can get crowd mentality, school bullying, etc. But this Hostel/Funny Games kind of planned, cool and calculated, premeditated shit is really disturbing. Plus the whole videotaping aspect of it! Insane.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love my state.

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

More like "I love my planet". :wink: 

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Girls are such little punkasses, you all need spankins and maybe a time out in your room. And stay off the phone, and control your sassyness

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This is why when my daughter gets older she's gonna learn some form of Karate so she can defend herself instead of getting a beat down.

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i exoect change back....

if i was the victim's dad, i'd offer the District attorney this: i'd drop the charges against the leader of this posse` in exchange for 10 unguarded minutes with her.
    oh, i'd make it reasonably fair- say leave brass knuckles on the table for her to use. and i dare her to use them.
    bitch would get spanked hard that day.
    Put my daughter in the hospital? Cost her one of her eyes perhaps? Her hearing in one ear? For what? something on MySpace?

Sheesh, I feel the spirit of Ace Rothstein speaking through me...."you can take the money, or you can take the hammer...." yeah, little bitch, jail or the hammer. You won't be typing on websites for a long time.

rage. it is all about rage these days.

But what really gets me is why do these chicks have to have a better film crew than Dreamworks every time they do a beat down? don't they know that we've come a long way since fingerprints?
    judge ought to hit them extra hard with punishment for being mentally deficient on that one.

i saw the victim's mom on Glenn Beck last night and she said her husband has not, will not watch the video.
    i wonder why. Probably b/c he'd be in jail right now for assaulting 6 girls and kicking their ass.

i don't have a child of my own. but i have 2 neices and a godchild that i am really attached to. personally, if my 3 got hit like that and their parents didn't react, i doubt i could sit still until somebody made up their mind.
    ugh.

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    They need to try all of those girls, and the two "look-out" boys as adults, and slap them with the harshest sentence possible.....yeah prison time.

They deserve no less than that.

I hope the girl (victim) and her parents have the right/chance to sue the girls/boys/parents of all involved for all that they have.

This was just down right immoral, brutal and disgusting....society if failling

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That does it. If I ever get a son or a daughter I´m going to have them take one or two types of martial arts, but the kind which are hard on (Krav Mag and Kickboxing)

12. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    be sure to find a real Krav Maga school as there are a few that teach it in name only and it's not nearly the level of the real thing.

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I want to learn Krav Maga, alas our Federation only teaches in oPorto city:( 

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's what happens when you talk smack on MySpace.

I blame MySpace for turning these little idiot cheerleaders into thugs. Not sure about the exact process, but it's in there somewhere.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2008
  15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Step 1 - MySpace
    Step 2 - ???
    Step 3 - Idiot cheerleader thugs

16. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

< Needs a 'Rent a teacher' , for 8 hrs a day, 5 dys a week, school kids are crazy anymore

Field trips would be safer too, the rent a teacher mobile will be a semi, with a little car that drives out the back

17. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Blaming this on Myspace/You Tube is as bad as parents blaming video games for their kids actions.

Some of the parents of the six girls haven't shown theirself to have any character.

One of the boys have been charged as an adult.
    Four of the older girls can be charged as adults.
    But the other two girls ages 13/14 can not be charged as adults unless they are brought up on kidnapping charges.

18. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I would commend him if he did beat the snot out of those kids. I couldn't even imagine the anger the parents of the victim are feeling. I was fuming over it and it wasn't even my child.

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Step 2 -friend flirts with idiot cheerleaders boyfriend in chat

Step 4 - myspace gets 1,000,000 hits online

and thus the cycle begins anew

I HATE ALL THAT MYSPACE IS AND PROMOTES.A BUNCH OF THIRTY YEAR OLD GUYS PRETENDING TO BE TEENAGE BOYS TO FLIRT WITH THE GIRLS.

MY KIDS WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED ON THERE(WHEN I HAVE THEM)

Just last month a 25 year old was caught on myspace with my 15 year old niece.I swear if that guy lived near me i would be in jail right now.

20. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I gave up my account on MySpace six months ago on account of the negative reputation of the place. I never saw what the big deal was anyway.

I had no idea it was such a haven for teen angst, though I knew about the 30-to-60-year-old pedophiles plaguing the site like cockroaches.