gijoe transformers question when it comes to captives of cobra and a prime problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Nov 6, 2010.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when it comes to the g1 transformers episode a prime problem and the g.i.joe a real american hero episode captives of cobra storylines is it just me or is one pretty much a recycled storyline of the other when it coems to the fact that both series episodes happens to invovle a deadly type of chrystal and from the looks of it the same kind of crystal animation model wise?

can anyone here think of any other episodes of either series episodes where a plot storyline for one show was recycled and used for another episode?

cold slither come to mind but thats all i can think of right now besides the crystals storyline and the synthoids sequal crossover storyline continuation in the transformers g1 season 3 episode only human

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They did that a lot, with little shout-outs to each other. In "Blaster Blues", Megatron steals the "Voltronic Galaxer". In the Gi Joe Episode "My Brother's Keeper", Serpentor is after the same device. In "Countdown to Extinction", Dr. Arkeville has the "Exponential Generator", which powers his whole lab and Starscream is going to use to blowup the Earth. In the Gi Joe episode, "Raise the Flagg", the cobra scientist that has been trapped at the bottom of the sea is using an "anti-matter pod" to power the whole thing, but if you look at it, it is exactly the same thing as Arkeville's device. Also, the character Hector Ramirez appeared in both series, and even though it's not official, Melissa Faireborne's father in "Killing Jar" is supposed to be Flint. If you want to REALLY nitpick, the military tanks in the background in "Key to Vector Sigma" are recolored Mobats and Armadillos.

3. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Slightly off topic, but related as well, I noticed that the Cobra character, the one with the silver face-mask has the same voice as Starscream.
    Is it just me, or are the two characters voiced by the same actor?

4. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

Yes, to my knowledge, they were both voiced by the same actor. I think his name was Charlie Adler and correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is also deceased. Somebody back me up on that if you will.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You have it a little confused, Charlie Adler is alive, and is the current voice of Resolute-Cobra Commander and Movie Starscream. Original Starscream and Cobra Commander were voiced by Chris Latta, who IS deceased.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I had the feeling they were voiced by the same person. :) 

7. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    More importantly, Chris Latta lent his pipes to Defensor. Which in the end, is the only one that really matters. So says me. :lolol 

8. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

:dunce  Yeah, knew something was a little off. Thanks D.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Also, since both shows were done by the same studios around the same time, often by the same writers, the same devices are likely going to show up, if only because its cheaper to use designs you already have handy, and its easier to reuse concepts or technobabble you've used before.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Adler will also be playing the Commander in the coming up Joe series on the Hub (Renegades).

11. HellSpawn

HellSpawn And justice for all...

And Cobra Commander had a guest role in the Transformers cartoon. I don't know the exact episode, but he goes from low life crook to having the idea of starting Cobra.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    "Only Human"? It's set in 2010, so Cobra Commander is a shady terrorist selling Cobra tech to organized crime bosses, as Cobra has long since apparantly been defeated.

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Yeah, many of the Hasbro toons did this.

Inhumanoids for example has a future version of Ace from GI Joe, and I'm sure the list goes on and on between all of them including Jem and the holograms.

14. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hector Ramirez was on those shows as well.

15. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It's always made me think that Hasbro should just make one cohesive universe. They've got all the building blocks anyway.

The Jem super computer, GI Joe and Cobra's advanced tech, EarthCorp and their advanced tech plus the creatures they deal with being Cybertronian like height or gestalt like height. With Transformers probably being the source of all this tech originally.

Just seems like all properties that could interact with each other, or are related somehow progressively. Which they all also share story elements, cameos, and more.

16. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

The Inhumanoids attack the Starlight House and it's up to the My Little Ponies to stop them? :redface2: 

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Closer to 2006.

2010 is when season 3 was set in Japan

18. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    The date is never explicitly stated, ergo by your own burden of proof for events in "Only Human", you can't prove that it was set closer to 2006.

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

How do you know what "MY" burden of proof is??

True I feel an actual statement is worth more then an assumption of evidence.But thats not the only measure by which I give credit.

As to assuming what year "Only Human" was set in here is how I come to a conclusion.

Both season 1 and season 2 never amounted to much more then a year each "in story".
    Season 1 starts in 84 and ends in late 84 to early 85.
    Season 2 starts in early 85 and ends in late 85 to early 86.
    [note its mentioned in both seasons that Spike is too young to drive]

Season 3 beings directly after the film, so either its 2005 or very early 2006.

Theres no reason to assume that season 3 deviates from the norm when it comes to the passege of time.

Danny doesnt appear to grow all that much older, certainly not 5 years older.

True there are a few off hand comments about "years passing" since Optimus died....but that could simply mean 2 have passed.

And that would still be closer to 2006 then it is 2010.

20. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Because "your" burden of proof is the one you applied in the last thread discussing the episode as it pertains to Snake being Cobra Commander. By the logic you applied in that thread, the "proof" you submit here is all circumstantial, and thus, inadmissable. There is no reason to believe that Season 3 follows the same timescale as Season 2, given the time jump in the '86 movie. Danny could have some condition that affects how he ages, as there is no contradictory evidence.

The only "canon" statements relating to date in the third season is in the Japanese version of the series, which states it is set in or close to 2010.