GIJOE Transformers Crossovers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Predakign2000, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

How long before they do this

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Hasbro said on a Q&A that they will never do a toyline of the two combined , as they did with Star Wars and Marvel.

3. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    They were planning something during G2 but it bit the dust... :/

The 25th Anniv Joes would have been the perfect time to trial HA Crossover figures but... :( 

4. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering GIJoe/TF is the only one that has a history of crossovers of Cobra Vehicles being TF characters...of course Hasbro won't do it.

5. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Which is, quite frankly, got to be on the top 3 of dumbest shit ever in regards to Hasbro's long list of dumb moves. That's not saying Hasbro's complete crap, I want to make that clear since if it's not specified someone will take it the wrong way, but not every decision they make is gold.

I mean f'real. They do Transformers. They do G.I. Joe. They do Crossovers. This should be simple demand/niche/supply/ch'ching arithmetic for them.

I want my H.I.S.S. tank Decepticons, my Rolling Thunder Optimus and so on n'so forth.

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It will happen shortly after humanity dies off and some other intelligent species discovers GI Joe and Transformers.

Of course given the history of the cross over stuff I'm sure Hasbro would find a way to mess it up if they did do it. Instead of Star Wars and Marvel vehicles that transform into Transformers characters all we get are a bunch of mechs. So I'm sure instead of the really cool Prime transforms into a HISS tank we'd get a HISS tank that transformed into a HISS driver mech instead.

7. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Didn't we see some images last year of a Snake eyes toy with a transforming mech that he could ride in? Like, it's be a big robot, kinda looking like Snake eyes, but in Vehicle mode, a regular Joe figure could ride in it (so like a big or something).

I'm *sure* of it.

But yes, proper, TF characters as Joe figures would be pretty sweet.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gawd, look at the kewl names for TFs you can use:
    Lift Ticket
    Slipstream
    Roadblock
    just to name a few.

9. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    A GI Joe/TF crossover toy isn't necessary to use those names on a TF figure... as G1 & Energon Roadblock show.

10. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

The designs of the original Devil's Due Joe/TF crossover would be perfect. There is no reason not to do this. Surely they would turn out much better than the Marvel or Star Wars crossovers did.

11. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

wasn't there already TF, that either was or looked almost exactly like the snowcat vehicle from GIJoe?

i could be talking nonsence though. i'm not really au fait with gijoe - only own three joes and they're all snakeyes.

edit.. TF snowcat and GIJoe snowcat!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. chugway

chugway ming mong ping pong

their "TFs with figures" line is HA though, which is completely out of scale with GI joe. i think they'll likely stick with that more MASK-ish scale if they do any more human drivers for TFs.

unless you mean TFs that turn into Joes, and that would be horrible for all the same reasons SWTFs were horrible. *strokes SWTF millennium falcon*

13. amarkovic2010

amarkovic2010 New Member

could we maybe start a petition to try and get this going?
    or is it a definite not ever gonna happen till pigs fly or megatron joins PETA sorta thing???

14. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    Of course you can start a petition, but I think it is nearly definitely never going to happen. I think Hasbro's logic is something along the lines of they have these 2 money-making properties that they own, why combine them into only 1?

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Transformers characters always get screwed out of the crossovers deal.

16. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i kinda hope they dont......i get tired of seeing the goofy star wars cross overs when i go hunting

17. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    A Joe/TF crossover is the ultimate "damed if you do, damned if you don't" proposition to Hasbro:
    If they follow the SWTF/Marvel TF model (Duke into a tank for example), then they won't be designed by the TF team and will generally be ignored by both collector groups. Kids might like them though (like the other Crossovers lines).

If they make the TF characters into Joe vehicles, not only would it likely cause brand confusion (heroic characters turning into "evil" vehicles like Prime/HISS), but to make them AFFORDABLE would either require a smaller scale figure, or no figure at all. Both kind of screws over Joe collectors who want their vast action figure collections to be compatible.

If they make the vehicles in scale to Joes, you basically limit yourself to vehicles to about the current Alpha size, which would mean major TF characters like Starscream Optimus Prime and Megatron would be undoable to anyone's satisfaction.
    AND if they make those big items, the retail cost would doom the line from ever being released to begin with.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    When?

Sometime next year when TF and GI Joe both have a new show on the air.

I do hope they go GIJoe Vehicle into a Transformer Character.

19. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

That's my problem with the Crossovers. The vehicles don't turn into Transformers. The big Bobba Fett head on Fett-bot just looked stupid, same with Tai Fighter Vader. And don't get me started on Obi Wan Keno-Bot and that stupid facial hair.

It's a shame because the vehicles themselves were fantastic.

The Marvel Crossovers just look like they're for 5 yr olds.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Correction, they said that they "don't have plans at this time" to make a GI Joe and Transformers crossover. There is little chance of it ever happening, but Hasbro doesn't commit enough to ever say they'll never do something. Plans constantly change, so who knows, it might some day happen.