GIJoe 80s run?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by tikgnat, Apr 9, 2009.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So I've been rereading my GIJoe paperback trades recently, and they end at Vol 5.

According to my brief Amazon search (thats right, I search jungles) there is no Vol 6.

Which leads to my question, how far did the Original comic actually go to? Vol 5 only goes up to #50, were a newly created Serpentor successfully evacuates Springfield.

Anyway, if there are any more trades a heads up would be sweet.

2. steph1979

steph1979 Banned

The comics went up to almost 150 I think, and I don't think there's more beyond vol 5, which is whats preventing me buying the TPBs actually. I most enjoyed issues 50-100.

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

According to Hisstank, Vol. 6 should be out in November I think they said, enough time for IDW to reprint the other Vols up to that. The first two have come out so far. I hope the reprints include the annuals where they fit into the story.

4. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

yeah Marvel basically didn't like it that people weren't buying shoddy reprints.. lots of mis colored pages and duplicate pages througout the books.. not to mention the Horrid covers for the trades.. so they canceled the series at Volume 5.. giving us 50 issues of the regular run and #1 of Special Missions..

If IDW really wants to get money from me for Volumes 1-5 again however.. all they have to do is present Annuals and Special Missions in the Order they fit in..

They are also in a unique position that when they get to #138-142... They can actually Re-print them.. which Marvel couldn't have done anyway.. And Titan Wasn't able to either..

But Failing that.. I have no desire to buy them until Volume #6 comes out.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

they went up to 155. if you're handy with the interwebs, the full run is available digitally.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, digital copies are OK, but I prefer having the trades on my shelf. So yeah, if they're on their way thats cool, I can wait.

Having said that I got annoyed that vol 5 basically wraps up the soft master, Billy and Candy without any kind of fanfare, just 'poof' they're gone.