Gigapower MP Grassor (not slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, May 23, 2014.

1. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My advice: Put Slag on hold and work on Sludge. :D 

2. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Totally... FT's slag runs circles around this design. Hiding the dino legs inside the robot's legs is awesome. The ONLY things going for this design is size and the fact it's coming out after Scoria will be sold out.

3. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is awesome, and looks amazing but like some, I wish Sludge was next.

4. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad FT ran so fast in circles that it got dizzy, fell down and ended up with a bot mode with low hanging shoulders and an elongated dino body.

Besides body proportions that add character, Grassor has going for it a company that goes the extra mile to make their dinos not look like food.;) 

5. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

At first I was going to register my protest (again) at any request for Grassor's dino legs to be hidden in bot mode. However, reading your post in its entirety, it appears that you simply prefer the hidden dino legs a la Scoria. Which is fine; however I would be obliged if you would refrain from causing any confusion in what appears to have been designated as a Gigapower not-Slag suggestions and comments thread.

As before, please feel free to enjoy your Scoria, and let those of us who are keen on Grassor have our day in the sun.

6. backlash3906

backlash3906 Throttlebot

News Credits:
    I'm definitely excited by Giga's designs, but...

[​IMG]

I've already got MP Grimlock (displayed with the blue optics). I just want other MP Dinos to scale with him, without resorting to disco shoes. MP-10 goes in a separate display of mine, so I'm not as concerned about them scaling with him.

7. DPrime

DPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hate to say it, but I doubt you will get the option you want...

8. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    100%
    i also agree with whoever said that it appears he has two sets of shoulders in botmode. do something with that inner burger.

[​IMG]

9. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the dino legs on the outside.

10. Cadbane

Cadbane Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the drawing is good! I think I will go for GP's Dinobots.

11. chen

chen Well-Known Member

From what I've seen I'm getting the Gigapower Dinobots, I already have FT Scoria pre-ordered but will most likely sell him once these guys start rolling out. It's a design choice, therefore it's a PERSONAL choice. Anyone else trying to tell you your making a wrong choice is thus intruding on your ability to make a choice and really sticking their nose in your business. Now it's just a matter of execution and who makes a better Dinobot.

12. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Protest all you want, doesn't matter. I'm not causing any confusion, merely adding support to the idea giga should come out with sludge rather than slag right now, to avoid direct competition with Fanstoys.

Believe it or not, I fully support giga, just like I support daca and Fanstoys. I enjoy a competitive open marketplace. People who prefer the boxier look of the toys have giga, people who prefer the more streamline look have FT.

Also, in case you missed it on the gp not-snarl thread, I said there is a good chance I'd go for a giga sludge, since he would be noticeably larger than the other dinobots.

So I'm not trolling your grassor thread, or being an ass, I'm stating two things I believe are factual... Hidden Dino legs looks nicer, and it will be a nice option for those who were unable to snag scoria at non scalper prices in a few months. That's all.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i kinda want both FT and GP sets of dinos now. :)  ill have to see reviews of these giga bots before i commit to any though. make sure they aren't operating like KFC.

i'd echo the comments about reworking the shoulders on bot mode.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Interesting, I'd be interested in GP bots only if they are noticeably different than FT's. I like the dino legs on the GP bots, but I like the non dinolegs on the FT bots. :) 

15. darkace

darkace Well-Known Member

Do we know what the price point for these dinos is going to be yet?

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Yeah, shoulders look like they suffer from "fat girl wearing too small of a bra" syndrome.

$200 or less, according to giga on the not-snarl page

17. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    Believe it or not but that is not a fact. Clearly there are people who like them visible ;) 

Yes. Its "under 200" so far.

18. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    In summary so far it seems the chief concerns in this thread are

A) the double shoulders

B) the horn length. I think the orientation is what makes them branch out wards (I'm assuming they can rotate independently like the g1 toy).

C) to include or not include the dino legs on the robot leg exterior. Someone said that there's a feature to leave them out or hide them, so if that's true, then excellent.

D) the triceratops mode. A lot of concerns that the main body avoids having the potato shape issue that Scoria has.

Think that's been the main ones for now. I think they're all going to prove very constructive in the end.

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Kinda hard to avoid, if you do a triceratops. It's naturally a sloping beastie with a large rump and narrow shoulders. If people equate that with being a potato, that's their food-obsession problem, not giga's or FT's.

What's gonna happen with not-sludge? Gonna call him a yam or a gourd? Is not-snarl an avocado with cheese-its sticking out?

20. Gutts

Gutts Autobot

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    A) Well, I see them, but I kinda like them. Its like that on G1 toy and even on "the best toy ever", as I heard, Scoria. So why hate them on Grassor?

B) Yeah, there should be option for the horns to look more traditional.

C) Keep them visible. If they can be also hidden, ok, but only if it doesnt compromise anything else.

D) Yeah, Dinomode is very important.

Go GiGa Go!