Gigapower MP Grassor (not slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, May 23, 2014.

1. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah. Future is a good solution to that problem, but I think that tightening the palm screws might also work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Tightening the palm screws didn't work for me, but future is a workable solution.

3. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

Now… My experience may be an anomaly… But I contacted them in APRIL… And just got my parts 2 weeks ago… in AUGUST!
    That being said, I LOVE Gigapower!
    They did indeed help me, sent me my part for FREE, no shipping even.
    Honestly, I didn't mind the wait.
    Fact is, slow or not, they came through!

So definitley give them a bit of time!

• Like Like x 1
  4. genfuyung

genfuyung Well-Known Member

Was just about to order the two chrome dinobots that are available so far but it looks like even though the chrome versions are the better looking, more expensive options, they dont come with all the cool accessories that come with the metallic? That seems pretty shitty. And there doesnt seem to be any way to order them individually.

5. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To gp, they stated that the metallic version is their flagship/premium/special/limited edition. That is y the metallic version will comes bundled with all accessories. The chrome version is actually the 'normal' release, which is y it comes with less accessories. gp also did mentioned that all accessories may be make available separately. But we won't know for sure when they'll be available

Price wise, both metallic and chrome version should be the same. But i guess it may also be variations based on local supply and demand thing

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the same dilemma. I was kind of stuck in an infinite loop trying to decide between the chrome or the flames. It was a black Friday sale on the chrome version that made the decision for me. I have no regrets and I'm still holding out hope that Giga will release a flame accessory pack once all 5 have been made.

7. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    Finally got mine after a scam from eBay. I ended up ordering from Taobao, a Chrome version from a seller that included the flame. Fingers on the right hard are slightly loose but will try the screws in the palm when I get home. It's not too bad though. No blemishes on the head either from the polystyrene packaging.

Needless to say I'm happy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fr33fall

Fr33fall Well-Known Member

Same here, my hips finally showed up last week, and Guttur stands tall and proud now. It's pretty awesome they would do that, and the actual Gigasaurs are just amazing. I'm actually tempted to get a full set of metallics as well, which says a lot, because I don't do much double-dipping at this scale, and honestly I wasn't even that big of a dinobot fan to begin with apart from Grimlock and Slag.

9. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Full disclosure, I haven't got any GigaPower Dinobots yet (they're next on my list of purchases), but from my understanding, both Grassors comes with the flames but only metallic Guttur has the flame effect parts. The stuff that metallic Grassor has which chrome Grassor doesn't are the silver thigh pieces and the silver horn pieces (and the metallic ones have blue dino eyes while the chrome ones have red dino eyes).

Other than that, it's mainly the difference between paint/chrome. Metallic Grassor appears to have some extra painted details on the parts that are chromed on the chrome version. Guttur may be the same.

Took me a few weeks to figure it all out but I think that's all the info you need. Everything else should be the same between both releases.

• Like Like x 2
  10. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    Impatiently waiting for Metallic Grassor to either go on sale or to see a used one pop up.
    REALLY want it by Christmas, so if nothing else, I hope Black Friday comes thru!

11. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I never realized that. Thanks for clarifying.

12. genfuyung

genfuyung Well-Known Member

Chrome just looks too good to settle for metallic so i guess I'll just go without the cool accessories. Does the chrome version havd hip problems Too? It seems the only way to get replacement hips is by buying the other metallic version, which is insane.

13. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Many retailers included Grassor's flame accessories on the first release, but I'm not sure if they still have any. I think TFSource (TFCurse) may have been selling them separately. Hip problems on chrome Guttur or Grassor? No hip problems on Grassor. If you just want the replacement hips without buying metallic Grassor, contact them and they will get them to you. I've got 2 replacement hips from them, one for chrome Guttur and one for metallic Guttur, since I'm going chrome but still have metallic Guttur. The parts are actually identical.

14. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

Hey folks, looking to trade a Chrome Grassor for a Metallic straight up if anyone is interested. No box. Any questions just PM :) 

15. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What was your price from Taobao? Still wanna get the metallic, if anyone knows anywhere running a deal or if $135 is the best option. Thanks!

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

<3 Preorders up for Sludge <3

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. artimus prime

artimus prime Collector of Multiple TF Lines

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    ?

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

I'm a moron. Nothing to see here...

19. Madgame

Madgame Well-Known Member

Is there a reference picture or vid that highlights/compares the metallic vs chrome look for the Giga Dinos?

20. minstral

minstral Back on the TF bandwagon after 6+ years off

Ebay:
    If you've got facebook, Giga has a page with lots of photos