Gigapower MP Grassor (not slag)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, May 23, 2014.

1. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

I just got this guy yesterday and holy hell is this guy impressive. He is massive. The only problem I have with mine is the spots on the head from the packaging. I'm sure there's a way to clean it of though. Besides this guy is stellar.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

umm, I'm not sure you should be braving forums if you want non-pissed off, non-emotional, mostly positive opinions. I look at these forums mostly for entertainment purposes, every so often give a thumbs up to smart and reasonable posts. But I make my decisions based off the fact that transformers are over priced, fun, collectible toys made of plastic. That shouldn't be taken too seriously. And that they are not perfect, never perfect, nor should they be. Personally, I'm not collecting priceless works of art. Last I checked the factory workers in China and Japan don't include the likes of Monet or Michaelangelo... anyway buy buy buy whatever the hearts tell us, hopefully you'll enjoy the hobby more. Guttur and Grassor are both too big too small, too detailed not detailed enough, too much chrome too much metallic, needs a hip replacement doesn't need one, too cheap too pricey, not Fantoys not Takara, missing accessories has too many accessories, etc etc. Whatever... I own both, they are awesome.

3. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    wqatch bens eviews of them both

car wax gets some of the spots off the head

4. foobot333

may wanna read the previous posts on nufinish car wax. Worked for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

I find forums quite useful sources of information and a good way to get positive and negative aspects of a figure. My main query is around QC, rather than it being too detailed,big,etc,etc I have a good number of masterpieces with no QC issues and am very happy with them. Just want to know the risks associated with this figure and secretly hoped there wouldn't be any.
    Watched Bens and Bobby's review and they both hgad very different experiences with Grassor. Thanks for all your help guys!

6. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

To be fair, one of them hates everything and the other loves everything, so you might want to watch a third...:lol 

• Like Like x 3
  7. witeter

witeter Well-Known Member

Haha I have and the others are mostly positive

8. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    skull face hates almost everything except fanstoys stuff pretty much. except lupus he was pretty hard on him.

yeah you might want to watch a few more on him.
    because ben is always posoitive

9. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Y'know, for all its faults, I actually liked how FT and PF Slag have backpacks. Now, it was definitely too big on Scoria, and Cesium seems to have shrunken it down by moving part of the kibble into the leg.

The thing is, with the wings popping out the way they do, it makes Grassor's back look a bit empty. That said, I'm still firmly in the GP camp for that tasty muscular Dinobot goodness. I just think having a little bit of a backpack and reducing the kibble behind the calves would probably have produced a better design.

10. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Apart from Lupus again. Ben seemed "lukewarm" on him at best.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair though, a lukewarm Ben is like an overly happy regular person. He's still one of my go to guys when I need help transforming something, but wow he makes Richard Simmons look depressed.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Banned

News Credits:
    Spare tail parts from GigaPower arrived today. Only some 3 weeks after I first contacted them. That is some great customer service!!!:thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Been almost 2 months since they promised me a replacement for my spotted dino head, and I still don't have it. Followed up a couple of times, and was promised they'd get it out soon each time. The last time they suggested I use the car wax solution. Glad to hear that you got what you needed, but IMO customer service isn't great when it's so spotty.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

Sweet. I'll be grabbing some in the next few days then. Did you use the liquid or the paste? Thanks man!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  15. foobot333

this stuff worked, i forgot who recommended this, but it worked wonders for me. Not a spot anywhere. So thanks to this forum and the person who put the idea out. Looks like some people weren't so lucky with the spots, mine looks shiny.

Attached Files:

16. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

Awesome, that's the one I ordered. Ok post before and after pics this weekend when I do it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fury413

fury413 Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that Nu Finish has worked for all that had spots on their Grassor's head. I am glad I recommended it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

Alright, so I just did the nufinish wash on the head of Grassor. The white spots are gone but I couldn't get rid of all the residue. I'll post pictures, it's not 100% but it's better than what it was out of the box. Luckily I like to display mine with the see through head plate attached so it's not that big of a deal.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

now for some display pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

and now some pictures with the new IDW Optimus Prime

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Great pics. That's what my point was regarding the nufinish. I don't know if some people had better luck, but depending on how the light hits his head, you can still see the spots. Not really an acceptable solution. I'd recommend you contact your retailer or GP. They may send you a replacement head. I'm still waiting for GP to send me my promised head, but maybe you'll have better luck.

• Like Like x 1
  20. foobot333

Ya I had better luck. Mine has no residue at all after the Nufinish, I wish it worked for everyone. As much as I try to be positive about GP, I do think this is an ugly problem. While Gp didn't mean for this to to happen, their response should have been organized better and more consistent. Not doing so doesn't help them retain or win over potential consumers.

• Like Like x 1