GigaPower HQ-05 Gaudenter (MP Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by unexpectedpanda, Nov 22, 2014.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's called planned obsolescence. One of the wonderful things that came out of ..... Murica!!!

2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Possibly a manchildren...maybe?

News Credits:
    Whoo! Muhr-eh-cah!

I tend to believe that nothing is free. This may indeed be a first run or preorder bonus, but we all still pay for it.

But yes, the inclusion of these seems entirely second tier priority to swappable face plates or something of the nature.

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I think you are taking everyone's position the wrong way. GigaPower can only produce one product a year, like the other companies can produce a few. That is one turn at the same target audience with the same internal overhead costs. They want to make more money and have enough market information to know that they can charge X and the market will absorb it. Therefore they will do what they think is necessary to support charging X. All of the companies know that Fans Toys got away with charging over $200 for their dinos and GP's are bigger with more accessories and at least match in quality. The initial Metallic Guttur had some issues and heavy competition so they released Chrome and then went $135 with Grassor and it sold like wildfire. They upped the price on Graviter. The hook has been set. They know you NEED Gaudenter and Superator. Superator at least has a separate throne which I will definitely be getting. (I could be wrong but I think I saw a separate preorder somewhere) I understand your frustration and it is the same frustration we all share but your order of operations is incorrect. It's not more expensive because of the accessories, it's more expensive because GigaPower wanted more of your money. It's an active decision and not a mistake on their part. All of these companies are doing it. The car analogy does not fit because there is perfect competition and no scarcity in that market, except exotics and you pay ridiculous prices for those. We are all suckers and at the mercy of our market. You have to accept this is P&P going in and adapt accordingly.

As to the eye colors, these guys might be fans like us but the TW/Zeta designers can be eccentric and are going to do what they want and like. You hate us putting light piping and transparent plastic everywhere, fine we will do it more. Ultimately, its their choice and we have little say as long as someone will buy it. I try to comprehend the impact of the Chinese market with these but I have no idea of the impact of the members of this board. Collectively we may be 5% of the market. Maybe that's high. Maybe for every thread where people are watching or actively posting that might be 200 sales. It would be fascinating to know if this could be measured on maybe one figure to get an idea.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Now, that's a possibility. However, if read through that right, I still think the consumer cost can be justified elsewhere when it comes to added accessories.

5. luckyman76

I don't quite understand the last part but I think we're on the same page. With cars, they cannot just throw you the Pimp My Ride version of a Mustang because their sales will drop down like a meteor so they have REAL options to service all of that market. They are going to have a new model every year that may only refresh in design every 5-10 years so the parts will be the same next year and you can buy OEM replacements or have option on the aftermarket. The car will break down so it will need easy standardized repairs and parts. It has to be serviced by a lot of different parties so they have to create options with real and perceived value to control the market. Cars and other dealers either support the continuous revenue stream or methods to continuously sell to you and get your money eventually. Sales are based on consumer retention and brand loyalty. When you buy a car that is a continuous commitment to paying more money, just like a printer, and just like a razor. Here you buy Gaudenter expecting him to be displayed long after you are in the ground with no issues so the market contact is completely different. It's one and done. Their 5 dinobots as a team was the only contact they will ever have with you and they hope they hooked you. After Superator, I have doubts of whether we ever see GigaPower again. I don't believe we will ever see their Omega Supreme and at this point Sky Lynx is a pipe dream until I see full renders moving forward. I sure hope they are not done.

6. Korovev

Korovev Active Member

The point is: Gigapower was never gonna release a skinny, plain flight-stand.
    They're gonna give us a beefy, spectacular monster-Swoop on a beefy, spectacular flight-stand.
    Plus, we are still paying this Swoop (if we want it) less than the puny one from competition.
    Now, let's hope they maintain this line of price with Superator...

• Like Like x 3
  7. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

With Swoop we're getting this flight stand and Grimlock is going to have his throne. Anybody else think they may go back and create stands or display bases for the other bots in the line?

8. luckyman76

No, I think they are done. The throne was a call back to King Grimlock and the stand just fits in line for dino display purposes. From what we have seen, they are almost done as well with Superator. They need to start showing renders or something on Sky Lynx and anything else. We should be getting Superator this time next year but after that they have nothing but reissues of these.

9. Hicks_Royel

News Credits:
    Admittedly, I am on hour 14 here at work and I can't read this thoroughly enough to warrant a proper response. But I will do my best to reply if I remember to at a later date. But don't infer lack of interest in discussion from my not responding. I am more than happy to and will enjoy figuring out where we both are on this in civil discussion. I'm just tired at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  10. JoeBot

JoeBot Well-Known Member

Speaking of bases and display stands...When Graviter was first previewed, he was shown with Guttur and Grassor and each had a base of some type. I recall someone asking Giga about the bases and they seemed to answer in a way that implied the bases would be released as future add ons. Of course this could all be a different plan by now...it's been a while

• Like Like x 2
  11. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing the same photo and hearing the same thing that they'd be additional pieces to purchase. But as you say, things could change, we'll just have to wait and see!

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys,is it me or does Gaudenters flight stand look awefully like an Autobot logo without a face,to me it looks exactly like that.Seriously is Giga trying to get themselves into a shitload of trouble,its almost like they are taunting Has/Tak.

As for other things I am digging the crap out of those spotlights,from pics of them it looks like it has 3 lights on each side,does anyone know if they will come with that many lights or is it too early to tell?.Thanks guys.

13. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

No. This flight stand is already overdone. The throne makes sense for the "king" but after that they'd just be dredging the barrel-bottom for ideas.

14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's exactly what it's supposed to evoke. But it really doesn't matter, because you can't exactly copyright/trademark a silhouette.

If Hasbro was going to make a move, they would've dinged MMC for Kultur/asterisk or MakeToys for Pandinus. But they didn't.

15. bokuatrf

bokuatrf Well-Known Member

I agree too. Related accessories (like extra faces, weapons, etc) are a plus; unrelated accessories (like spotlights and remote controls) are just a "meh" that I'd rather do without.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

Exactly; extra faces, weapons etc add to the character. A flight stand should be something to accentuate but not overwhelm a flying character.

17. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

While the face does look better than it originally did, at least including a visor or a visored face would have been preferable to that huge stand.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

I sorta like the stand, but I am VERY disappointed that there is no longer a face with a visor, I definitely would have Preferred that to the stand. The lack of a visor has me re-thinking the necessity of even purchasing this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Is both gold beak AND smoke beak comes with either colors?

20. RavageG1

RavageG1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Like Like x 1