GigaPower HQ-05 Gaudenter (MP Swoop)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by unexpectedpanda, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Korovev

Korovev Active Member

The point is: Gigapower was never gonna release a skinny, plain flight-stand.
    They're gonna give us a beefy, spectacular monster-Swoop on a beefy, spectacular flight-stand.
    Plus, we are still paying this Swoop (if we want it) less than the puny one from competition.
    Now, let's hope they maintain this line of price with Superator...

• Like Like x 3
  2. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    With Swoop we're getting this flight stand and Grimlock is going to have his throne. Anybody else think they may go back and create stands or display bases for the other bots in the line?

3. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

No, I think they are done. The throne was a call back to King Grimlock and the stand just fits in line for dino display purposes. From what we have seen, they are almost done as well with Superator. They need to start showing renders or something on Sky Lynx and anything else. We should be getting Superator this time next year but after that they have nothing but reissues of these.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    Admittedly, I am on hour 14 here at work and I can't read this thoroughly enough to warrant a proper response. But I will do my best to reply if I remember to at a later date. But don't infer lack of interest in discussion from my not responding. I am more than happy to and will enjoy figuring out where we both are on this in civil discussion. I'm just tired at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JoeBot

JoeBot Well-Known Member

Speaking of bases and display stands...When Graviter was first previewed, he was shown with Guttur and Grassor and each had a base of some type. I recall someone asking Giga about the bases and they seemed to answer in a way that implied the bases would be released as future add ons. Of course this could all be a different plan by now...it's been a while

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I remember seeing the same photo and hearing the same thing that they'd be additional pieces to purchase. But as you say, things could change, we'll just have to wait and see!

7. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey guys,is it me or does Gaudenters flight stand look awefully like an Autobot logo without a face,to me it looks exactly like that.Seriously is Giga trying to get themselves into a shitload of trouble,its almost like they are taunting Has/Tak.

As for other things I am digging the crap out of those spotlights,from pics of them it looks like it has 3 lights on each side,does anyone know if they will come with that many lights or is it too early to tell?.Thanks guys.

8. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

No. This flight stand is already overdone. The throne makes sense for the "king" but after that they'd just be dredging the barrel-bottom for ideas.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's exactly what it's supposed to evoke. But it really doesn't matter, because you can't exactly copyright/trademark a silhouette.

If Hasbro was going to make a move, they would've dinged MMC for Kultur/asterisk or MakeToys for Pandinus. But they didn't.

10. bokuatrf

bokuatrf Well-Known Member

I agree too. Related accessories (like extra faces, weapons, etc) are a plus; unrelated accessories (like spotlights and remote controls) are just a "meh" that I'd rather do without.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

Exactly; extra faces, weapons etc add to the character. A flight stand should be something to accentuate but not overwhelm a flying character.

12. NotTheFace

NotTheFace Lightning Strike

While the face does look better than it originally did, at least including a visor or a visored face would have been preferable to that huge stand.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Prometheus 073

Prometheus 073 Well-Known Member

I sorta like the stand, but I am VERY disappointed that there is no longer a face with a visor, I definitely would have Preferred that to the stand. The lack of a visor has me re-thinking the necessity of even purchasing this guy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Is both gold beak AND smoke beak comes with either colors?

15. RavageG1

RavageG1 Decepticons Forever!

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AFAIK, the lights are given free for those who PO, or only for first few batches. and you guys are complaining GP giving something totally FOC. Like it or not, the price WON"T go down even without the lights and remote.

If any of you hate it so much, feel free to mail them to me. i'll be the "bad" guy to take the rubbish from you. i have a cabinet (currently no lights) that i can make full use of these lights

• Like Like x 4
  17. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I keep seeing some of you talk about the getting stuff with only Pre-Orders. Is this something that you can prove they've said? Did they mention it on their facebook page? Is there something I missed? I just don't recall seeing this and just am looking for confirmation/proof of it. Thanks in advance.

18. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yes mentioned few pages down.

And also on:

[Pre-Order] GigaPower GP HQ-05R Gaudenter Swoop Red Chrome Version

http://robotoybase.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4713

http://ohmyprimus.com/gphq05rb.html

19. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So these are all retailers outside the US. Is it this way for all retailers? Just asking cause I'm curious. I love how Giga doesn't mention this but the retailers put all this up on their sites. I follow Giga's FB page and this is the first I've even heard about this.

EDIT: I just checked out TFSource and Chosen Prime as a couple examples and they have a pre-order up and it doesn't say that the lights and remote are special or extra with the pre-order like the other retailers. This doesn't make sense??

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    You’re right if TFS and TCP didn’t list the freebies. Maybe you could email them to get confirmation before ordering?

Can’t confirm it but I doubt GP will short change any of the pre orders just because of region. Collectors in China will update when they receive theirs and post online.