GigaPower HQ-04 Graviter (MP Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, Aug 27, 2015.

1. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

WOOP!! Look who arrived this morning -

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 

slag.jpg

I had to head to work so I've not had too much of a chance to play or transform him yet.
    Here's all my initial impressions -

• He looks amazing, and every bit as premium as the others
    • His bulk and mass alone feels bigger than the other Gigabots. He's huge and heavy.
    • His joints are all very stiff. All of them. even the fingers. All the joints on mine are all easily workable so far too and not completely stuck (like somebody mentioned previously)
    • His arm extensions are stiff so you can keep them at whatever length feels best for you.
    • The weapon connection port in his right hand is a little loose. I might fix to make it a bit more secure but his hands can actually grip properly by their own now like actual hands so it's not a huge issue.
    • His faces look better in person. I thought his Angry face looked WAY too derpy from the pictures, but looks better in person.
    • I have the red eyes normal face and blue angry. I was hoping for this way so I'm happy about this, others might not be. Still unknown what resolution Gigapower had in mind for people that do have a problem here.
    • That said, just having two different faces (the rest of the head is the same too) seems like a bit of a backstep compared to Grassor's options. I would have done swappable angry and plain face, swapping eyes, and then had one head like it is currently, and another with the whole fin on his head coloured.
    • Seriously though, he's huge and a beast
    • I still stand by my thought that Graviter and Guttur had a different designer than Grassor. Grassors body line and proportions are a bit "smoother" whereas the other two are more mecha-ey/TransformerG1Toy-esque (if that makes sense)
    • I'm pretty sure the flame is the same as Gutturs. I've not used them (apart from the flame-breath on Grassor) so will have to take them out to check. I'm pretty positive it's not the new mold they showed us though - Maybe that's meant for metallic and this is a throw in? (Consistency would be nice here)

FYI, his cannons aren't meant to attach like that, but when the wings are lower they can slot in round the sides of the neck and hold in place relatively well.

All in all pretty great. Will try and take some more pictures later this evening and over the weekend. I'll let you know what I think of the dino mode when I have time to transform him tonight. IF anyone has questions let me know.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  2. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    Mine arrived this morning too, Absolutely blown away. It's such a heavy/quality piece and feels like yet another evolution in quality vs the other 3P's

The dino head eyes are very odd though, I wonder why they went with this transparent see through style? It makes me think they originally had plans to include a light up function but didn't commit to it.

Anyone picking this guy up is in for a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

I'm seeing nothing through eBay though previously I'd been able via an external site to see tracking inside China. I'm not too fussed 'cause the feedback for that seller continues to be decent, though I'm at 15 days now and that's (while still technically well within the given timescale) starting to stretch it a bit. Last thing I bought from China arrived in 9 days(!)

4. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

The cannons look good like that. If I had money and space I'd maybe go all-in for the full set of these but as it is I'm good with Grassor. More interested in Swoop & Grimlock in fairness.

5. foxracing

foxracing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    GP is already closed for the Lunar New Year and will be back to reply messages on the 3rd March. Reckon might be similar for most of the 3P companies.

6. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Crap mine is dead as well!! Gotta sell off the regular versions of my Dibots and just keep the chrome versions. That chrome on both Gigapower and FT sets is just freaking awesome!

7. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Why regretting?

If you're worried about not getting him, I'm in the same boat as you and not worried. Have purchased from baba and other reliable Chinese ebay sellers and times vary, and tracking numbers sometimes are wonky. It'll be fine.

Though, I don't care when he arrives. As long as it's within a few weeks.

EDIT: Just checked tracking and it's moving officially.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I'm not worried about not getting him, as I've bought from Baba dozens of times, so I know it'll get here eventually. It's normally a week before I see movement, but it's been 10 days now since I bought it, so Baba's moving slow, even for him.

As for regretting the purchase, it's more because the price was too good to pass up, so I picked up Grassor as well, but I already have my MP Dinobots, so I bought these with no thought of where to put them. And then of course there's the fact that I'm almost out of space as well. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  9. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    You won't regret it when you have them in hand and realise how dated and sad looking your 'MP Dinobots' are.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Especially awesome to hear that the arm extension is stiff, because I was thinking that halfway collapsed would look perfect to me.

The wait for metallic is going to be bruuutal

• Like Like x 3
  11. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Yeah, you'll have to make some space somehow! LOL!

12. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

Yeah for me I feel the fully compressed is sliightly too short and the fully extended is sliiightly too long. It holds in the middle above the gooves securely so you have the option to position it where you want it to. It even holds in place with all his weapons in his hands.

It's really a testament to how strong all his joints are. Even the fingers on mine are so secure that I"m pretty sure he could even hold his weapons even if he didn't have the grooves in his hands.

(You can see them half extended on my photo actually)

• Like Like x 1
  13. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Maybe it's time for you to sell off your collection and start over again?

(If you do, point me at your sales post... you and I have similar taste...)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just wish that I'd known beforehand that the metallic Guttur was getting a re-release before buying Graviter and Grassor, as I prefer the metallic paint over the chrome, and would've gone that route instead.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahahaha, will do bud. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  16. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    My UT Swindle arrived from him TODAY (bought Jan 5th), and with Customs being Customs, tracking doesn't always update the way it should.
    I also bought Onslaught and Brawl from him over the weekend, and DO have Tracking numbers already… but neither of which are activated thru China Post/USPS yet.

I'd say be patient, as Baba is a Class Act, that being said, shipping is NEVER 100% fool proof, and there COULD be a problem…I just doubt that it's Baba's fault. And my guess is, he will do his best to help work it out.
    Good luck man!

This post now seems redundant… but enjoy the read anyway! :p 

17. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    AMEN! :bowdown: 

• Like Like x 1
  18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I bought mine 1/9 and it didn't start to move until 1/16. Currently it is in Chicago and I should receive it Friday. I also bought UT Onslaught from him so I think we are good. The timeframe is not uncommon for me from China, especially if they sold it a few days early while still on preorder and didn't ship until later. I have been burned enough times to so I know where you are coming from.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do we know for sure Metallic Guttur is getting a reissue? I know a FB seller has a preorder up for both, but I asked ShowZ and they were only aware of chrome. Not doubting you, I just genuinely have no idea myself.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, it was mentioned in one of these threads that a preorder went up for both, so that's what I'm going by.