GigaPower HQ-04 Graviter (MP Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GiGaPower, Aug 27, 2015.

1. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    I DO like the yellow on the chest. But I agree the red and blue should be reversed on the crotch.
    And go ahead and throw that same "chest yellow" on those crotch balls. Just please don't make them blue.

2. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

Come on metallic

• Like Like x 3
  3. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I believe it's to do with how the moulds are made. Apparently they had to modify the mould for Guttur thus meaning we'll likely never get a metallic Guttur reissue, so by doing it the other way around, I believe there's less/no mould modification needed. Don't quote me on that though - that's just what I've heard but I don't know for sure.

The only thing I'd change with the pelvis would be painting part of the sides blue (maybe even just over the red), like this quick and crappy Photoshop I did:
    QQ图片20170815174539_edited.jpg
    I think that would solve a lot of the problems with the colour, but that's just my opinion because I like the hint of red in there.
    EDIT: Actually, I think this looks better (except for the worse Photoshop job):
    QQ图片20170815174539_edited2.jpg

Other than that, I really dig it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Rquiem

Rquiem Dutchbot

News Credits:
    Majestic!
    Love it top to bottom!

Alright Giga, pack it and ship it. It's done!

5. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Majestic!

And the fact that they mentioned that their Swoop was almost done, and those throne pics with Grimlock on it, man, GIGA must be working 25-7!!!!

This set is going to look INSANE once they are all finished!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ckchan

ckchan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HQ-04S Spiderman version

but honestly i think it looks too colourful to my liking. it's either red or blue

7. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Eh, it looks kinda over-the-top and too busy, but I guess it might look a bit better in-person (or if I bothered to swap the colours around like you suggested, which I didn't, because I'm lazy and I'm going to bed in a moment).
    QQ图片20170815174539_yellowballs.jpg
    I just tried to make it closer to the G1 toy's hips while leaving the blue-and-yellow crotch in-place. I was trying to see if they could spruce it up a bit without completely getting rid of the red they've already put there.

8. darkeros

darkeros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Weapons look great together

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  9. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess this means Graviter's going to be next?

From their FB post w/ these latest pics:

New tests of Graviter. Work in progress. Preorders will be ready soon.

• Like Like x 3
  10. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    AWESOME! Maybe this also means their swoop is under reconstruction... which could also be awesome.

11. Crom

Crom Well-Known Member

Only issue I have with those flame effects is they're heavy and it feels they put a bit of undue strain on the shoulder.

12. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Awesome news, still hoping they release a flame effect set for Guttur for those of us that have the chrome version like they did with Grassor.

Maybe ill have to contact GP to get the flame accessories.

• Like Like x 1
  13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

If test shots are being released for review in September, I see it being for sale in October.
    Same here. I also need the horns and thighs promised for Grassor.

• Like Like x 3
  14. bokuatrf

bokuatrf Well-Known Member

according to GP, they are considering to two heads as an option - one silver mohawk, and one red mohawk. though whether eventually they will do so or not, really dont know at this point. GP did mention that giving two heads is an easy solution.

as for the hip colours, it appears that GP have not really decided and are experimenting to find a good balance. so if you wanna influence them at this stage, just give some feedback for them to take in. thus far, GP has been pretty receptive and open to constructive feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Makes sense. They've done it with the others so they'll probably do it with Graviter.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I am fine with the alternate head. Need silver mohawk with blue eyes. The hip was blank in the toon and had blue stickers for the toy. They are obviously trying to define the area and the blue came off looking dead from a distance. I don't think red gave them the solution they want.

17. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

I just wish they would release both versions before the year ends. Take your time and perfect Swoop, and just kill it with Grimlock next year.

And then, and only then, break these boards with your version of Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And for the love of all that is holy... please learn from FT's mistake and don't over complicate the leg transformation going into train track mode. That series of twists, turns and ratchets on FT's version of Omega is scary and unnecessarily complicated. Anyway, kill it Giga!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Two heads is an easy solution, but they haven't always carried through on extras like that in the past. And, honestly, if the only difference is the color of the mohawk, I'm not sure it's even warranted. That's a super easy mod if it really bothered anyone that much.

This makes sense. And GP has a history of tweaking things based on early feedback. It seems like most agree the blue codpiece is a little out of place on Sludge. I'm not too worked up about whether they use blue or red for the pelvis, but hopefully the center part goes black.

20. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    Are they going with the full Mohawk like the G1 fig or just the crest part? Please don't compromise as the G1 figure is very bold and has obvious accents that are exclusive to Sludge.

Same as changing that imo weird yellow horizontal area on the torso for a black cable style.

The look is so Iconic and strong it doesn't need over fussing for the sake of it.

[​IMG]

While I'm here I'm going to be totally honest the only thing I like about the Dino mode on FT Stomp is the shape of the dino head and much prefer it to what's been shown here so far. It's very reminiscent of the G1 toy and I wish Giga's dino head was closer to this style as it would lay well with the really classy organics they got right with the legs and body shape.

I hope Giga still read the forum as I trust them 100% after the final versions of Guttur and Grassor.