Minor/Repaint: Giantcrafter Studio---Jetfire repainted (before and after)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Giantcrafter, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Giantcrafter

Giantcrafter Active Member

Ebay:
    Old jetfire, old but strong,the eyes still showing its will. :rock 

Attached Files:

2. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    not to be rude... because I love the detailed paint + effect, like on your megatron...

but I dislike the thread... looks like your advertising, no additional info etc.
    like a backstory info about the custom itself or even WIP -shots...

just my 2 cents ;) 

3. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate to be the second negative comment in a row but I find you can do the watermarking in a less obtrusive way.

I understand the need for copy protection and copyrights, etc but the Giantcrafter text bar could be positioned elsewhere so that we can your work better. Instead you had it emblazoned right across the focal point of the photos. Distracting, some.

On the positive side, from what I can see that's some amazing work you've done on an intimidating figure, so props to you.

@G60Force: I agree that the thread can do with more information, but I also see how effective a thread could be just relying on the strength of the pictures. Which I think are pretty awesome.

It's all about personal style of expression. I like that.

4. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Awesome work on the rust just like your Megatron. :thumb  I especially like how the face comes together.

Not so keen on the gold on the thighs and the blue on the windows, though. These areas look too clean vis-a-vis the rest of the body, so they stand out like a sore thumb. The blue windows kinda break up the illusion to points out that what we're looking at is still a toy.

Again, I love the custom overall. Just found some small things that could be improved. Keep posting more stuff!

5. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like nice work overall, but as others have said the watermark is just obnoxious and detracts from the presentation.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Great rust effects. Watermarks are obnoxious.

7. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

What they all said..

8. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    I'll go ahead be the troll. I HATE the watermarks, I HATE the obnoxious advertising. Apart from that the Jetfire is GORGEOUS

9. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    supercool paintapps, but the watermarks destroy nearly everything of the experience for this custom, please put them on the top of the bottom of the pics, noon ewill steal your pics, so where's the problem?

hope we see much mor epics of jetfire, bt without these watermarks all over there...

10. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SR-71s are not made out of materials that would rust. Unless its of the cosmic kind.

Glad everyone here is commenting on the watermarks. Giantcrafter, look at it as advice about your presentation. Also, more details on how and what was done to the figure goes a long way.

11. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

sorry but,
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios
    giantcrafter studios

,they have to go. :) 

12. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just feeling bad being the first one to comment on the watermarks, which kinda started a whole avalanche of comments on the watermarks with hardly any attention paid to the custom at all. I guess GC should get the message by now :) 

I just wanna reiterate on how great the cosmic rust looks, both on Jetfire and Megs. A little more information on techniques, materials used and stuff will be much appreciated. Of course, unless it's GC's secret blend of herbs and spices...

I love how you done the face too. The eyes are pretty expressive.

13. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Using herbs and spices is no secret. Although they're more useful for terrain-making... :p 

Again, great job on the weathering. I kind of agree with Mampy that the cockpit looks rather clean compared to the rest, but I do really like the effect nonetheless.
    But tell us more! :) 

14. Giantcrafter

Ebay:
    Thanks for all of you guys watching and vaulable suggestion.

1. Regarding the watermark, there is not a sign for advertising. We had a eBay store but not selling the transformers Custom items on internet yet.:( 

The only reason we added those watermark on the pics is because after the first Megatron upload on internet, there are couple unknow people steals those pics and added their own watermark and put it on sell on some other transformers fans club down here in China. (yep...We are from Canton China.). That is quite a dissponitted news heard recently. :(  The watermark just a sef-protection but fat away advertising ,hope you guys can understandng.

Anyway, for the pictures, we will repalcement the wateramark pictures later today with pictures without watermark.Since it really cover some of the major detail parts of the pictures.From next Custom works, we will continue use the raw pictures.Hoping will it good for all of us.

2. We want to share the way of the processing to all of you guys, but I did not take the pictures during the works. Just head down for the detail and forgive about it .Please forgiving the process is lost.But I will promise everyone ,once I start the new custom work,I will take some pictures as possible as I can , to explain the weather step by step for the works by pictures.

3. There are couple customs work pictures left which are all finished last two month.I will upload them once I reorganize the pictures.Still, hope you will like them too.

Sorry for my bad English, if there is anything confused by the inapposite words ,please let me know. :) 
    Have a nice day , alll of you.
    Penny

15. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I just had to quote you ... Sorry for being off-topic here...
    But I had so much fun looking at your Sig :D 
    Explaining it's the right size... YEAH YOU DO FIT THE SIG PERFECTLY!!
    (and also my girlfriend agrees that your awesome ;)  )

Great to hear from you!!
    1. Sorry to hear that they stole the pics
    2. Good to hear yo9ur taking the critics serious, thnx
    3. WOW would love to see some of those secrets revealed :p 

16. StuntPrime35

StuntPrime35 Dreads for life

News Credits:
    Your English is really good, keep working at it :)  Sorry to hear about the pics but really kudos for taking our thoughts seriously

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey there! You did a great job with the customs, but if you are worried, and rightfully so, that your pictures will be used by someone else without the water marks, you can still put those on the pictures, just make them smaller so that they don't hid what you are trying to show :)  Just put a small signature in the bottom of the pictures :)  I really dig this custom though, VERY nice work!! I can't wait to see more from you!

18. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Hey, Penny, your English is fine - I can read what you're saying more easily than some people whose first language is English! :p 

I totally understand why you added the watermarks; it must suck to have people steal your pictures. The suggestions above are very useful; another way to make your watermarks less obtrusive is to fade them out - put them on a separate layer in your image editing software and bring down the opacity so the photo underneath shows through the watermark image.

19. fakebusker83

fakebusker83 Radicon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another 2 cents of mine...I know how much it sucks to have pictures stolen or work claimed to be done by someone else, but there's a comfort that we are dealing with physical materials here. If ever we need to prove ownership of a custom, simply take more photos!

Besides, with the way Internet is working lately, it's becoming so easy to track the history of files and implement copy protection. Copycats are having a much tougher time doing their thing.

Your english is fine. Practice makes perfect.

20. Giantcrafter

Ebay:

Thanks for your reply. G60Force

you have nice collections too.Hope you will share more pics with us.

Again, thanks for your understanding.

penny