Giant Robot fans - I need your help remembering and identifying a mid-90s toy

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sector Seven, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Okay, guys, I could use some help here. Please bear in mind that I am going directly from memory and it's getting worse as I get older - I will do as best as I can.

In the period of between 95-97 I was in Toys R Us and saw an absolutely enormous robot on sale (I'd say in the $30-$40 price range). It was placed under the Beast Wars figures on the bottom shelf as best as I can recall. I bought it, got it home, and had a blast with it.

Here's the details that I can remember:

It was well over Fort Max size... it could have been a bit more than half again as tall if not two times as Ft. Max and resembled a Shogun Warrior in appearance. I think the primary color was yellow, with blues and reds.

It was covered in foam nerf-style missles that could fire from it's arm and legs and feet, I believe. Batteries controlled the launching.

The company that made it (not a "big name" firm, though the quality was outstanding) went so far as to give a decent backstory on the box - something to the effect that there were two nations at war, and a scientist from one of the nations created this ultimate weapon robot as a last line of defense - and described how large the robot was.

At some point years back I lost him and I would love to get a new one - but I remember absolutely nothing more than this, so I'm kinda screwed.

I'm hoping that some of you giant-robot fans out there either not only remember this monstrosity, but bought one for yourself and may still have him for name and pic purposes.

Thanks in advance.

2. The Asp

The Asp Are we having fun yet?

"Cyber Power". I have a black and orange one. It's more about supreme cheetor sized, rather than fort max.

3. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Is it really that small? Man... my memory is worse than I thought.

Please tell me you - or someone else - have some pics?

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, sorta sounds like one of the Cyber Power dudes to me.

5. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Ops - you have pics? And you say "Cyber Power Dudes"... I'm sure there was not a series of them.