Giant Plot Hole- New One?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ceerad, Nov 29, 2007.

1. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ghost of Yesterday

There is a prequel movie novel called "Ghosts of Yesterday" set in 1969 where Megs woke up while being transported by the Goverment to Hoover Dam from the Artic Circle. In the Movie-verse this is where he could have found out about human technology and such.

BUT!!!! even mistakes rear their ugly heads in supposedly planned tie-in merchcandise the book says Megs was transported in the 60' but the movie says the 1930's close to the Dams completetion so it's your call on that theory.

Also I agree with Megatron could have been completely aware of what was going on while frozen theory. Bumblebee was still squeaking and squaking when he was frozen and retained morely than likely all functions except for Mobility, so I'd only assume Megatron connected to the net a one point while frozen but still semi-aware and learned about what was going on in the world and how to destroy it.

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not a plot hole. You have a bunch of humans standing around megatron and talking, using computers, etc. If megatron was still aware, he could have just heard it all. It's the same theory for why he said his own name when he got un-frozen, he was tired of being called by the wrong name for decades and not being able to correct anyone that he wasn't "nbe-1". Hell, maybe there was a wifi network in the building and he connected to it and browsed the internet.

There's plenty of possible explanations, too many ways for it to not be a plot hole.

If anything, I'd say it's good writing. The reason being, it gets people discussing it. It's not a major issue, but people still talk about it, think of ways for it to make sense, make threads on forums about it, etc. You know, getting people to use a little bit of their own imagination.

3. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:

EXACTLY!!!!

And also being called the wrong name for decades has to irk anyone. It's like being name Raul and having you boss call you f-ing Ralph for 70 years. No wonder Megatron killed nearly everyone in the chamber.

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

:lolol 

5. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I think the general viewer can come to the same conclusions as people in this thread. The fan however speaks out because he wants his favorite franchise represented as much and as well as possible, and would prefer lots of explanation.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that sticky was actually misplaced as the fridge itself was a TF.

7. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

i don't think this movie will ever get the background support like star wars has, i mean, you point out a plothole in star wars films, show it to the community and you'll have dozens of explanations, some factional, some scientifically proofed and some relating symbolism.

So here is my support and contribution to this film:

Have you ever seen G1??? It has 3 plotholes per second, this movie is trying to stay loyal to that cause!!

8. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Well-Known Member

Megs: "I want you to stay here, and make sure he gets the message."
    Fridge: "Right! Stay here until he gets the message."
    Megs: "Good!" (starts to walk off followed by the fridge) "What are you doing?"
    Fridge: "I'm coming with you."
    Megs: *groan* "Look, stay HERE" (points) "Till he gets the message."
    Fridge: "But he's already got the message."
    Toaster: "Yeah, I can see it plain as day!"
    Megs: "No! Not the toaster! Optimus Prime! Stay here until He gets the message."
    Fridge: "But ... but ... what if he doesn't need anything from me?"
    Megs: "Tell him you have a message for him!"
    Fridge: "Then wouldn't that be the answering machine's job then? I hear they have a strong union."
    Toaster: "Good benefits package though."
    Fridge: "Yeah, short hours and all that."
    Megs: (shoots his main weapon across the room and someone screams) "I've promoted you to answering machine. Now just deliver the message!"
    Fridge: "Sweet! But we need to talk about pay now. I mean, now I'm MULTI FUNCT–"

Megs pulls his hand out of the fridge's door and waves away the smoke from where his weapon discharged at point blank range.

Toaster: "Billy! Why'd you have to be a hero?!"

Megs shoots the toaster and all other appliances handy: "Never mind about a message. I'll kill everyone in town and leave their chassis to rot in the sun. Prime will figure it out."

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Alright, here is the dialogue verbatim from their respective scenes:

(Alleyway)
    Ratchet: If the Decepticons find the AllSpark, they will use it's power to transform Earth's machines, and build a new army.

(Hoover Dam)
    Sam: Well, yeah, they came here looking for some sort of cube looking thing. Anyway, Mr N.B.E. One here, AKA, Megatron, that's what they call him, who's pretty much the harbinger of death, wants to use the Cube to transform human technology to take over the universe. That's their plan.

Given Prime's story of Megatron's reign of terror and his pursuit of the AllSpark to Earth, as well as Ratchet's comment that the Decepticons (not Megatron personally), it seems as though Sam put two and two together to conclude that Megatron would want use the Cube to transform our technology should he get free, but he does state that it's their (the Decepticons') plan.

Taken at face value, you can say that either Sam is embellishing the story based upon what he saw and what he heard during Prime's story and Ratchet's comment, or it's simply a narrative oversight.

It's not really a plot hole.

10. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if more ppl posted sensibly like FFN here i wouldnt have to spam things up to keep it light.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very well put.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I concur.

13. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I think it's just natural to assume, that should Megatron get the cube, he would go about on his distruction lifestyle... assimilate earth's machines into decepticon warriors, obliterate earthlings, and keep stripping planets of their natural resources to increase his own power.

So it's not really a plothole, but something that would be logically concluded from the info seen and heard by Sam from the Autobots.

The plothole I want to know is, how do the Autobots know all the info about Sam's grandfather, Megatron, etc? That info would not have been written in a newspaper or on the internet, since everyone thinks he was crazy. The only thing anyone knows is he went crazy and blabbered about an iceman.

The pic of the glasses on ebay would be too low quality for the symbols to be noticed by the TFers.

but, as said before, it's a mindless, tasteless Michael Bay movie, so there really isn't any reason to expect a cohesive, tight movie.

14. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    How Optimus Prime knows the entire story of Archibald is a plot hole, because even if we go by the prequels where BB hacks the information he needs, Archibald was in no condition for to be able to tell his story coherently.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I wouldnt say that's a plot hole ether.Think about it.Archibald wasnt really insane.All the stuff he was saying was true but people thought he was crazy and locked him up and pumped him full of drugs [that what they did in mental hospitals back then] so his condition at the time he made all those statements was relitive at best.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really. He only spoke the facts, while from the movie's perspective it told us the story in the flashback, not Prime.

17. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

'New' giant plot hole? What are you talking about? The whole film was one giant plot hole!!!

Anyway, I am the question to all answers so I'll put in my 'fifty sent' ....ha...ha....

I take it there were certain aspects of the film that confused us as we don't live in that world (though some of us wish to) and its either due to poor explanation or its the information irrelevant to the main course of the film and is omitted partially under the circumstance that it's "something the characters need to know about, try and follow along"

Megs wanting to convert all technology on Earth into armies with the Allspark, he's improvising. Isn't that what you do when you wake up in the morning and your late to work?

Autobots knowing this factor, they know Megs. They know Decepticons. This war is ancient, they've had to figure something out on their nemesis to have gotten this far.

Bottom line: It's just a movie. Plot holes exist 'cause we're human and even Ratchet can't fix us. Deal with it. I don't but I pretend to. /:<

18. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

There's a few people here that have come up with things where if their ideas are put together, it works.

The Autobots and Decepticons want the cube to build up their numbers (Bots to repoplulate, Cons to builed the forces) and both sides find out about the Earth machines when they arrive. Megatron just wanted machines in general, but the other Decepticons find out about Earth's technology, they look at our planet as a machine smorgasbord and go with the plan.

My personal favorite idea from the entire thread:

IT'S A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I don't think this is necessarily a plot hole. First, Prime didn't know that Megatron was the source of human technology. However, he knows Megatron, the Allspark, and possibly what Megatron would do with the Allspark on a planet with technology. To illustrate just how much of a threat Megatron is, Prime and the autobots told Sam what Megs would do with the Allspark once he aquired it.

Furthermore, its not like this is much a plan to begin with. 'Use Allspark on Earth's technology to create transformers'...common its not like Megatron would be thinking for thousands of years the why and where fors of this so called 'plan'.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Here's a plot hole for you....Why didn't Barricade just bid on the glasses? I mean think about it. He could have bought the glasses, got the coordinates, snatched the cube, thawed Megatron, we'd all be dead, and the Decepticons would be happy, Yaay.