Giant Plot Hole- New One?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ceerad, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    During the argument between Sam and Simmons in the NBE-1 chamber, Sam says that Megatron's plan is to use the Allspark to take control of human technology.

Human technology was supposedly developed from reverse engineering Megatron while he was frozen.

How would Megatron have developed that plan while in stasis?
    Would he even know what technology humans had developed beyond what was in the NBE-1 chamber?
    How would Sam know this? (maybe from the Autobots)
    How would the Autobots know? (They hadn't seen Megatron since he left Cybertron.)

2. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    It's got explosions!!!

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look, dude, it was a summer movie. And if you want to find plot holes, there's plenty of other better/bigger ones out there.

But!

-He was frozen, but possibly conscious at least at some level and aware of hat was happening.
    -He might not--but just by observing and listening to what happened in that chamber, he could have probably figured it out.
    -Answered this one yourself.
    -Strategic reasoning? Familiarity with their enemy and his way of thinking? Assuming the worst in order to prepare for it? Any of those would work, I think.

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Maybe he left a note back on cybertron, attached to Primes fridge.

"Dear Wretched Autobot
    Gone to find Allspark, and conquer planet.
    Be back soon.
    Hate and Loathing
    Megatron"

I assume the Autobots just put 2 + 2 together and got 5.
    - Allspark can create life from machines
    - Bumblebees data shows huge amounts of machines on Earth

Thus that is Megatrons plan, or so they think. Maybe Megatron didn't have a plan. I guess he was going to grab the Allspark then go home.

5. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not bashing.
    I love the movie.
    I was watching it last night and noticed this one (among many)

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought of it as, he wants to take over all technology in general, in the universe, by using the Allspark's power. This would include human technology.

7. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Using rational logic..

Isn't it obvious? It's what he would naturally do if he woke up and found all of these machines around him.
    It's the eventual "hey neato! I could use these!" scenario.

Had there never been any humans and Megs had awaken somehow, he would grab the allspark and possibly return back to Cybertron or even start a whole new world here on Earth, or something.

This was debated to death and the best answer, I found, was that his subconcious was still active, thus him being able to memorize or record things happening around him, that's probably why he said: "I am Megatron" (not NBE-1).

Ratchet told Sam that "Megs would use the Allspark to transform Earth's machines and build a new army."

It's a plan any evil tyrant would try to do if they had the chance.

8. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

The movie is full of plot holes. Always thought they were just being true to G1.

9. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We watched the movie again in my friend's dorm the other day, and that was the biggest hole we saw as well... glad we weren't the only ones to come to this conclusion independently. I just resolved myself to the fact that it was one of the biggest issues with a plot-devoid action flick as it is...

10. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

It's no so much that the technology came from him... he would be reclaiming it and controlling it!

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    The human technology he was referring too was the tortilla and shrink to fit jeans

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I always just assumed he was awake, just unable to move, while in stasis. His systems didn't shut down completely, he was just unable to move due to the ice. When he woke up he didn't miss a beat so he had to be aware of his situation.

The World Wide Web. Guarenteed he had access to at least see/hear things. And being surrounded by such high tech stuff it would be pretty obvious.

Yes, in fact, they did

No one knows Megs better then Prime. It'd be easy to see that plan in Meg's head.

13. Rurudyne

Rurudyne Well-Known Member

:lolol 

Thank you.

As for the OP:

Ceerad, you are right, it would be a problem to say that it was "Megatron's plan" simply because no one had asked him.

However, since his very first words in the movie were to proclaim his name angrily, one can assume that he might have developed a plan.

Or at least figured out a Cybertronian cog dancing routine to use on his captors.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It was never Megatron's plan. It was the Decepticon's plan. Probably a fail-safe plan if Megatron was ever captured or lost.

"If the Decepticons find the allspark, they'll use it's power to transform earths machines, and build a new army."

Remember, Starscream was leading them, so his list of priorities is unknown, though it's quite possible the cube took priority over Megatron. It's quite possible that the Decepticons made that plan after arriving on Earth and seeing all the machines that were here.

15. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

1. Ratchet said that is what he would do if he woke up.
    2. Obviously, that IS what he would do, and that's how he came to this conclusion.
    3. In the prequel book it talks about Megatron being awake the whole time that he is in stasis.

Really, what would you expect to happen if Megatron woke up and got the allspark while being surrounded by machines? Obviously he would make an army. It was never a big plot hole. It is just Megatron's obvious course of action. If anything, Sam (the writers) could have chosen his words a little better.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think Sam just took it out of context when talking about Megatron. It's not like Ratchet ever elaborated on the subject.

17. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my point.
    How do we know that Megatron didn't see the error of his ways while he was frozen?
    It was possible that he could have waken up and been a super swell guy.
    That's why it's a hole in the plot.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Except it's not. It's just taken out of context. Plus, it's Megatron, since when have his ambitions ever been so black and white? He is crazy, ya know.

19. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it is.
    Nobody really knew at the time of Megatron's exact intentions or if he even knew that humans existed at all. (the whole frozen thing)
    So to say that his plan was to use human technology to take over the planet doesn't make any sense.
    To infer that this was a possibility if he ever woke up would make sense.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

:confused2