Giant Cyber Key icon/avatar??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Jedi Kermit, May 22, 2006.

1. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit Jedi Master

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hah, didn't realize anyone still paid attention to those.

Yeah, I'll get on making one up, usually I wait till I have a key before making an avatar for it and of course Giant Planet guys are elusive (and expensive) at the moment.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Omegus, I can take a pic of the Giant key if you want. PM me if you do.

4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Yin and Yang

That would be a sweet avatar, I'm trying to find a good pic of the Cyb Def/ Vangaurd symbol to use as mine, but I can't find one.

5. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hmm. That gallery of keys is definately a bit off.

Giant Planet key is missing from the planet keys set.
    Metroplex's Giant Planet key is missing from the Leader set.
    The Beast Planet promo key has the claw emblem in the same blue gunmetal as the border, not silver.
    The Planet X key should really be under the Planet Keys section.

What is that all-clear Optimus Prime key supposed to be? Can't place the black and gold Speedia key either. And what are these "non-existant" keys?

6. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

See Omegus Prime's answer above for the explanation. Apparently, he's the one who makes the keys.

7. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    Black & gold Speedia key goes with the Japanese "Dark Nitro Convoy" repaint

I have no idea where the gold Megatron key comes from, but the gold Vector Prime key appears in the Cybertron cartoon intro when Optimus says "collect the four Cyber Planet Keys". I don't think it appears anywhere else in the series, it's really strange.

8. TJOmega

News Credits:
    As said before, Giant Planet keys I haven't made yet, including the leader key.

From the first pic I saw of the Animatros promo key the emblem was still silver, I couldn't find many pictures of it to go by. And when I did the keys the Planet X key had no planet yet, it was just a unique key for Noisemaze.

The all-clear Prime key was released with the all gold and all chrome lucky draw Galaxy Convoys released in Japan. The black Speedia key was the first image shown of the Dark Nitro Convoy key, the actual release was clear so that will get updated.

As for the non-existant keys, they usually are the keys that appear on the packaging for figures that aren't actually included with the figure. The gold Megatron key is on the packaging for his Cybertron release and, as it was pointed out, the gold Vector Prime key is seen in the opening of the US show as well as on his box.

Also Orodruin, thanks for the offer but I can find pictures of the keys, it's just easier when I have one in hand. And the Giant Planet key is more complex than the others so I'm doubtful it will come out looking right. Willing to give it a shot, though.

9. Jedi Kermit

Jedi Kermit Jedi Master

Omegus Prime, I really like the job you put into these pics. I've been using them in a personal project and I was wondering where the Giant keys were. I see now that they haven't been created yet. I'm sure you will do a fantastic job on them as you have on the others.

10. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    while on the subject, i hope it's ok but i used your autobot key and made myself primus' key.

11. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Okay! As requested, I've added the Gigalonia/Giant Planet key to the page in both common and leader colors.

I've also added the recently seen planet keys from the Armada repaints and Botcon Maximals as well as the key for Primus. Also while I was at it I went back and edited some of the old keys, promo Animatros, Galvatron, and Dark Nitro Convoy now have accurate colors.

I'll try to keep the page up to date from now on, I doubt we'll see any new key molds though since Unicron and Botcon Maximals are using the Planet X key.