GI JOE vs. Transformers #5: The Conclusion! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Gears, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First of all, the cover "A" last piece is just as beautiful as the other 4 and the joining of them creates a true masterpiece. Kudos to Joe Ng. The artwork for the issue varies somewhat since it has 3 pencilers. Issue starts with Prime laying the smack down on Serpentor. What Snake Eyes did to Overkill was truly BADASS.:thumb  Personally the best part of the issue for me was when Serpentor finally gets the matrix: "ARISE SERPENTOR PRIME!" :rock  An interesting plot twist occurs when the Matrix opens Serpentor's eyes to his demons and the errors of his ways. By the way, Hasbro NEEDS to make a toy for Serpentor Prime's bot mode. Cobra Commander manages to hack into Serpentor Prime's head and take control of his body and proceeds to obliterate the Autobots and Decepticons alike. Chaos ensues until General Hawk jumps into the exposed chest of Serpentor prime (thanks to Arcee :thumb ) and becomes one with the Matrix! At the close of the issue we find that Cobra Commander has had some kind of mental shut-down as a result of Hawk's actions. The Autobots finally get a chance to mourn their fallen comrad Bumblebee. :cry  General Hawk, still one with the Matrix, assumes a new role and leads humanity into a new golden age...Meanwhile a new threat rises: COBRA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA! :rock 

Although sometimes the art for this series was a mixed bag with different artists, I felt the story was very exciting and worthwhile.

P.S. Can someone tell me who that is in the 3rd to last panel of the book wearing the Skull mask and beret with black and purple?

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Iron Klaw from GI Joe EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME!

3. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool thanks, I thought I'd seen him before.

4. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    o_O 

5. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Cobra-La + Unicron, called by me when the series began. Though I wasn't expecting the Mindbender redesign for it...that ruled.

Anyway, that was the best crazy way to end it. :D  Serpentor Prime, Hawk becoming ONE WITH THE MATRIX, a cameo by IRON KLAW teamed up with Scorponok...

This is one solid way to do GI Joe vs Transformers. Completely frigging nuts, over the top. I hope they do another one along these lines, and looking at the last page. Use every GI Joe subgroup that would never make sense in the actual Joe title, and crossbreed 'em with Transformers.

Loved it! Though I felt sad for Overkill. :(  "I don't need to see!"

And the art changes were tremendously jarring, which was distracting. Can't say I enjoyed that very much.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Poor Overkill. All he wanted was a harem of girl-bots. Playa even wanted them in different colors. It's all good.

7. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought that was Golobulos.

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Maybe they'll have the 'bee show up as Goldbug in a future volume...

Gary

9. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I gothe first issue of the crossover. May get the rest if it sounds as cool as you described. Did Predaking make an appearance in the comic?

10. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some of the individual Predacons are in this issue. Back in issue #2 Predaking and Piranacon got in a nice fight.

11. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

While the changing of artists got distracting...this issue ROCKED! A good ending to a pretty damn exciting and good mini series.

12. Liokaiser_bf

Liokaiser_bf Kaiju-bot

Man, well I hope my local Comic guy got me the final part of that cover collection in my pull.

From what sounds I really really can't wait to get my ish next week. I am curious though what did the B cover look like. I don't think I ever saw it.

13. Gears

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Copy and paste this link to see cover B:

http://www.devil-dealer.bigstep.com/item.html;$sessionid$M53OXQIAAAOE3TZENUGHBMWPERWRJPX0?UCIDs=1070784%7C1228067&PRID=1559886

14. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

I'm almost sorry this series isn't canon ... because the idea of Hawk becoming one with the Matrix, then returning to lead Earth into a "new golden age" intrigues the hell out of me. You almost never see massive, continuity-changing plot shifts in silly crossovers like these, and I'm glad they had the balls to throw it in there.

Too bad we didn't get to see Serpentor Prime blow his own head off. Nothing like a mystical object of universal goodness that CONVINCES YOU TO KILL YOURSELF if you're totally evil and not worthy of it.

-XCN-

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That part ruled. XD I was totally just expecting the usual "NOOOW I AM POWERFUUUUL" bit. The disappointed calmness with which he asked for a gun, too. So great.

16. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Like the preceeding issues, this one was silly, but decently entertaining. The use of three artists was a bit distracting, but the fact that they used three very good artists took the edge off it.

17. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I really liked this series. When I first glanced throught the issue I thought Serpantor's Matrix conversion was just a fake out since he's attacking them on the next page, Cobra Commander's entrance was a surprise then for me. For a story that killed off my favorite character, Bumblebee, I wasn't upset and thought they handled it well. Of couse it didn't hurt that my other favorite character Hot Rod was completely fine and survived. Having his act as Op's second in command was very cool. And I loved the art design too of all the characters, but especially Hot Rod for some reason. I hope there is a sequel. I too would like to see what they would do with Hawk leading humanity.

Favorite issue quote:

"Give it up Prime, you can't beat all of us."
    "Watch me!"

I could so hear Cullen in my head when I read the dialogue this issue.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I enjoyed that very much. I've always been curious about the idea of a human being worthy of the Matrix.

19. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

It wasn't bad, although the aftermath "Scartlet and Snake Eyes" scene is a bit off IMO, both of them are normally potrayed as extremly serious people. Scarlett, if anything, even more so than Snake Eyes, their playfulness seems pretty out of line with the other depictions of their relationship but then it is only a cross-over.

20. tim seeley

tim seeley Member

Actually, if ypu read her filecard it says she has an extremely good sense of humor. In the early issues she was portrayed as flirty and playful.
    TIM