GI Joe Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by weeklyhero, Jul 10, 2008.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

Why is Hasbro wasting their time making those ugly Marvel crossover toys when they should be putting effort in making Transformers GI Joe crossover toys? They could have each one come with a GI Joe figure and a Transformer based off a vehicle. I'd love to see Cobra Commander with Megatron HISS tank! And CC could have a gun that looked like an original Megatron to boot!

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Toy Discussion = Toy Forum.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Because no one outside America gives a pig's fart about GI Joe, whereas Marvel crossovers have a chance of selling.

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    Like this one? (I'd post a pic, but my camera won't talk to the computer at the moment)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190216996156

I'm a bit of a Megs nut, need to pick up a Cobra Commander to hold it though.

I like that the stock is upside down compared to Megs, makes it resemble the pic in the Microchange catalogue.

5. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

i wouldn't buy gi joe crossovers

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'm more likely to buy Joe crossovers than Marvel crossovers.

Knowing that the Joe community and the TF community have A LOT of overlap, it'd probably be a smart move to do... But I don't see it happening.

7. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I don't like any crossover, but maybe some cthulhu/bot would be nice!!

9. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

This.

Also: Transformers are aimed at kids, right? And kids would recognise Spider-man a lot more than Snake-Eyes. Though that's mainly cuz of all the different Marvel-based movies, cartoons and various other toys, whereas G.I. Joe's haven't been doing jack-all aimed at kids. Maybe this will change around with the new G.I. Joe movie. Who knows?

And how, exactly, are the Marvel TF's 'ugly'? They look fine to me.

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Given the crossover history that TFs and GI Joe have, I'd like to see it, in the form of Joe vehicles turning into TF characters (existing or new, either would be cool), even though traditionally, I've never been the biggest Joe fan (though I do have a certain appreciation for 'em).

It's not overly likely, but it'd be cool.

11. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Even if it didn't sell outside the U.S., the success of the 25th Joe line shows that sales here would be enough to make it worth Hasbro's while. I have thought that this is a no-brainer for a while now, but I mean Joe vehicles that transform into robots that look like Autobots or Decepticons. . .not vehicles that transform into robots that look like GI Joe characters, which would be stupid.

There were some Alternator prototypes of army vehicles that would be Joe-scale, but they weren't meant to be :( 

I don't have a pic on this computer, but the one that was a jet that had Ace with it was pretty awesome-looking.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Ditto on the first point. SW and Marvel TFs do nothing for me. G.I.Joe TFs..those I'll buy, if done right. Joe vehicles that transform into established TFs and not say, the Mobat transforming into a ginormous Steeler-bot. The Joes proper can be the li'l Micro Machine type drivers that come with the SW bots.

I can understand why they did SW first. I can even understand doing Marvel (again). But you'd think they'd be pretty keen on the idea of doing it with their two biggest in-house AF brands, too. If it's ever going to happen, it's going to be in the wake of having both movies next year. Pretty safe bet TF2 will be successful. If G.I.Joe is too and the brand comes back with a vengeance, building on regained popularity with the 25th line, maybe we get a TF/Joe crossover line in 2010. If the Joe movie tanks (hur-hur), you can probably write it off.

13. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Joeformers? Hell yeah. That's why I bought Snowcat. :D 

Consider 'em bought. But only if they go from Joe vehicles into Transformers characters, not Joe vehicles into Joe characters.

14. Optimus Sledge

No. Doesn't follow, unless you know for certain that all the GI Joe fans would be interested in Joe TFs.

Aside from the problem I mentioned earlier, the other problem I see is with the toys themselves. If they're big enough to hold normal Joe figures, they're going to be stupidly expensive. If they're smaller, the Joe figures will be more like the little figures with SWTFs, so who's going to want them?

15. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    don't know too much about pig farts but even as an american i still don't give one. f**k gi joe! "and now you know." *big thumbs up - village people smile at you - star hits the screen - YAY! everybody sucks*

16. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I would love to see a HISS tank transformer - just like the ones from the 1st Devil's Due GI Joe/TF crossover.

17. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    keep em separate, burn all the ******ed crossovers

18. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could see an Ultra class price point for toys the size of a A.W.E striker, and they could do deluxe price smaller vehicles, like bikes, trouble bubbles, etc.

19. Optimus Sledge

I guess that could work. Actually, TFA Prowl is a good fit for Joes, isn't he?

Still wouldn't be interested, though. You'd be looking at what? £15 for a TF with Joe? Given I'd pretty much be throwing the Joe straight in a drawer, that's a bit steep for me.

20. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Seconded, I've said this since the first time I seen a SWTF.

Also wouldn't mind seeing some WWII style Seekers like in the Dreamwave productions.