GI Joe Rise of Cobra movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Cyber-Scream, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else planning on seeing it? And will you be purchasing any of the new figures?

2. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'll just watch it to see how it is, and see the Eiffel Tower covered in goo, apparently. And the Saab Aero X. And I'll get the Baroness figure only if they get Sienna Miller's likeness right.

3. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

This movie has a chance of being really good or turning into a giant vortex of suck. Hopefully the upcoming superbowl trailer will shed some light.

4. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    Hopefully. But one way or any other ROTF will probably destroy it in the box office.

5. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    This^

6. Drake

I don't doubt that for a second.

7. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    DESTRO!!!

Well sort of anyways. This is the first look that I have seen of the mask. Can't wait to see the real thing.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I might see it, and probably laugh my ass off on how bad it'll be, IMO.

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Know what you mean. Can't wait to see it, but afraid Ill end up looking away.

Already giggled when I saw Scarlett .

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hold out hope for it. Can't be worse than the DIC years of GI Joe. I downloaded the entire DIC series and am 3/4 of the way done with season 1. It is horrid! Lame attempts at humor and a lot of WTF moments. I seriously face palm about once or twice an episode it is that lame.

For example in one Dusty and his coyote Sandstorm are about to be captured. They are up onto of a desert castle tower. Dusty is captured in a net and tells Sandstorm to escape. The dog leaps onto a small flag pole (metal) and snaps it off. Grabs the pole in his mouth and is holding the other ends of the flag with his back paws and hang glides to safety. Seriously!

In another episode Cobra Commander disguises himself as a Bob Hope like star and comes to GI Joe HQ to perform and steal the episodes Mcguffin device of the week. When he gets back he takes off the mask and the mask was over his helmet. This is not the hood or metal plate one from Sunbow, but the Scuba gear looking one. Ok with Zartan/Baroness/Zarana/etc they had the masks directly over their face. Baroness had to put on her glasses when she removed a mask. How the hell did the mask fit over his massive helmet?

Seriously the speed suits and such are nothing compared to the crap in the DIC years.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

God, everybody in Hollywood is jumping on the 80's icon bandwagon since Transformers was such a hit. I for one don't see this working at all. ROTF may be the only good movie this year so far, hopefully. Otherwise, I'll probably raid the James Bond collection at my local public library and watch most of em this year, starting with re-watching Goldfinger.

12. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

There's a big name attached?

13. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    Kinda odd looking, don't ya think?

14. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Me too never cared for joe.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I mean it in the nicest possible way when I say that this movie will be so bad, it'll be amazing.

Think of it like the 90s Street Fighter movie, but with a HUGE budget with a director that likes filming mindless action. The 2 Mummy movies weren't very deep, but I always watch them if I'm channel flipping with nothing particular in mind.

It's not going to be The Thin Red Line, and I'm not asking it to be, either. I'm expecting a brainless, simple movie with lots of bad acting, bad CGI, and plot holes and continuity errors. I don't think I'm going to be disappointed, and I honestly think this is the best attitude about this movie.

Something that I really want to see is (potential spoiler, I don't know how much we're supposed to know): Apparently, Levitt is basing his Cobra Commander voice on Chris Latta. This. Will. Be. Epic.

16. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

it should be a good movie provided every old, new or hardcore fan goes in with really low expectations. higher youe expectations and the worse the movie becomes.

for this i use the movie supernova as an example. i heard everyone say it was really crap movie and i got it really cheap on dvd. my expectations for the movie where so low that it lived up to every one of my expectations and i actaully enjoyed it.

i intend to do the same with thsi movie.

17. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Stephen Summers is the key ingredient, I think.

I love, love, love Deep Rising. And the Mummy is a blast, probably as much for its flaws than in spite of them. But The Mummy Returns was just bad, and Van Helsing one of the biggest blazing piles of cinematic dung released in the last 20 years. The more money they give this guy, the worse a director he is. VH is the film in which he had nearly free reign, and all of his choices were the wrong choice.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, and hope SS learned something from his road to director hell (it does feel as though GI Joe is his probationary assignment), but my expectations are very, very low.

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

Behole the next Starscream!

19. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope they make a future movie with Serpentor :D 

20. Drake

I just hope that if the franchise is successful they stay away from Cobra-La and never touch it with a billion foot pole.