GI Joe has a director

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ra88, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    A hack director and a hack producer? Oh joy.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3043&Itemid=99

And before any wiseass Anti-Movie guy pops up: I would rather watch Pearl Harbor and Bad Boys 2 again then Van Helsing and the two Mummy movies.

UPDATE: Stephen Sommers NOT directing

Looks the moron expected a Michael Bay salary, when he's not even up to that level.

Source: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3056&Itemid=99

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I actually agree with you on the Bad Boys 2 thing. SHIT JUST GOT REAL. I enjoy that movie despite how horrifically over the top it is

Van Hellsing was pretty hard to swallow. It was OK to a point but then just got cheesy beyond belief. The second Mummy was the same. Also, hello terrible CGI work.

Overall though I'm hardly a movie snob and I'll at least give things a chance before I go apeshit on how bad it'll suck based on whoever is making it and blah and bleh. I really try to enjoy things at face value the best I can and not get too picky about things, no matter what. With some exceptions of course...for instance: Batman and Robin. No. Fuck that movie.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Mummy 1 is aces :D 

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have a bad feeling about this, but then I've had a bad feeling about the prospect of a live action Joe movie since I heard about it. I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised. They need to steer clear of cartoony cheesiness, IMO.

5. Ktulu

News Credits:
    Was all that previous news concerning all the weird changes they made from the RAH story true or what? I'm totally cool with changes so long as they aren't...just fucking wacky

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, If I can survive Michael bay directing Transformers I can certainly survive Sommers directing GI Joe.

7. Ktulu

News Credits:
    At least it isn't Uwe Boll :thumb 

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the second one was a horrid, tepid little thing.
    True dat.

9. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

The only thing that can make GI Joe cool like Transformers... big fucking cool vehicles. Sky Strikers, Hiss Tanks, SNow Cats, Trouble Bubbles, etc. If not for the vehicles GI Joe is little more than the A Team.

10. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Any live action iteration of Gi Joe is gonna be a hard sell with the current political climate, especially internationally. Transfans are bitchy, but Joe Fans just don't like ANYTHING. I've long since stopped posting on their message boards, the bitching over things got so bad. I agree with Backpack, badass vehicle combat is a must, as are some stealth recon missions, amazing fight scenes and ninja action.

11. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Mummy has its own roller coaster.

Beat that.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'll withhold judgement until a trailer comes out. Hopefully it'll keep it real and serious, the way an elite force handling a terrorist unit should be.

13. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

I just pray that Cobra Commander still has a tea towel over his head.

Nothing says 'evil terrorist leader' like a draped kitchen towel.

14. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

All thanks to Rachel Weitz (sp?) imo. She's unbelievably hot with those big eyes and pouty lips. Sadly even she couldn't save Mummy 2.

15. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Agreed. I'm afraid Snake Eyes is going to become the Wolverine of this movie with way too much focus on him. He should be restricted to a few scenes and his obligatory fight scene with Storm Shadow.

16. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I like him more than Bay. The movie might be good!

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For both Mummys and Van Helsing, it drove me crazy how the plots were driven by amazing coincidences. For instance, in The Mummy, a huge mob is going after our heroes until they get cornered in the street... oh look! A manhole cover! And in Van Helsing, the part at the end at the castle, where they are swinging on the ropes basically wherever someone was on a rope, it swung exactly where they need to be at the exact time to save one of the other characters. I hate that stuff. Also, Van Helsing was filled with really cheesy shots, but besides those complaints the movies were fun for dumb action/adventure. I do, however, dread the thought of a military special ops group fighting against terrorists with cheesy shots and the like.

18. drsyn

drsyn Classics Big member

I wonder if Sommers will cast Kevin J. O'Connor (Benni from the Mummy, Joey from Deep Rising and Igor from Van Helsing) somewhere in the film?

:D 

19. Mr.Roboto

Mr.Roboto YOU'RE A SHRUB ROCKETEER! Veteran

News Credits:
    GI JOE has to be rated R and push forward the terrorist COBRA Organization. You seriously have to see people die and show how evil COBRA really is. Just saying they are evil doesn't make them evil. I want to see them kill people in masses in a way that you really hate them but captures a real sense of what the COBRA Organization really is. A dark wartime movie is what needs to be focused on to make the movie kickass. But of course we are not going to get that. :( 

20. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

this whole movie thing has me trying to create a legit background for a realistic cobra organization. I think something along the lines of cobra commander being some kind of michigan militia guy who staged a ruby ridge sort of standoff with the government might be the most realistic way to potray a domestic terrorist. However, I think us fans are again going to be cheated and given some shit popcorn movie that barely deserves a C-