Gi joe game needs to be made!!!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jazzmatic Prime, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

First off, i just like to say i'm back after being gone for almost a year. Iv'e been really busy.

Anyway, we all love the Transformers War for Cybertron and are super excited for Fall of Cybertron. thanks to Full Moon Studios. but it left me wondering, could the same be done with GI. JOE? I'm not talking about a movie tie in for next years GI. JOE: Retaliation. but an original story and look at the characters we also love. I'm not saying that High Moon hast to make one as well...all though that would be awesome...but maybe another well known game developer could do it. maybe developers like Insomniac Games, Infinity Ward or Trayarch, maybe Rocksteady. As long as we get to play as snake eyes Ninja Gaiden style with stealth missions.

What do you want from a original GI. JOE Game? Please comment.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I was amazed how well the original NES GI Joe games were as a kid, but pretty much everything after that... was not good.

So what do I want? A game that manages to leverage the stable of characters and vehicles while having tight, balanced, exciting gameplay that evokes the best of those characters and the franchise itself.

3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

Konami did a pretty cool GI Joe game in the arcades back in the early 1990s that was a rail shooter like Space Harrier. They had this really annoying habit of doing games like this or X-Men but never porting them to home systems.

YOJOE.COM | G.I. Joe Arcade Game

4. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My ideal G.I. Joe game would basically just be a reskin of my favorite FPS: Bad Company 2. Four G.I. Joe agents with different skill sets and specialties vs a massive invading Cobra army. Have the named Cobra dudes be people for you to hunt down, with the only real Cobra dudes you get in firefights with be Destro and Commander. For sake of semi-realism, I'd leave the various ninjas out of the equation.

5. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yeah, the konami Joe arcade game was good too, but didn't really have much depth of gameplay, even compared to the NES games.

6. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Agreed, they need a game bad...a good one. But I'm afraid that it's just gonna be like a Call of Duty rip off or something like that.

7. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Herald of Thundercracker

I'd like a decent FPS or 3PS game for the Joes in general. Maybe something similar to the Elder Scrolls/Fallout engine.

But what I'd really like is a Metal Gear Solid (or that Raiden spin-off) style game starring Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow.

8. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I'm afraid if they do a Snake Eyes game that'd end up like just another Devil May Cry clone, tbh.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I'd love a Snake-eyes game something akin to Metal Gear. SE infiltrating a Terrordome would be amazing.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I like to see a team fortress like online mode. 3rd person game / shooter with arkham asylum combat for snake eyes!

11. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Combine the gameplay from the the first four MGS games with Metal Gear Rising Revengeance and you have have a great G.I. Joe game. In many ways, G.I. Joe can work better in games than Transformers do.

12. Muramasa

Muramasa Well-Known Member

As long as the story is as gritty as Resolute. But the violence doesn't have to be Gears of War level. Last minute ejecting may be alright at times.

13. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I think the best GI Joe game in our modern times I can see happening is an online-based GI Joe game that allows players to customize their own Joe or Cobra Member and go out to complete missions and interact with the characters, whether they're movie-based, cartoon-based, or whatever.

14. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the did.

it's called every first person shooter with an anti terrorism plot ever.

15. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I refuse to accept this answer until I can pilot a trouble bubble.