GI Joe Crossover

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UltraMagnusMatt, Oct 26, 2009.

1. UltraMagnusMatt

UltraMagnusMatt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was talking with an old friend from the east coast, said the word back east was that Hasbro was talking about taking the crossover series into GI Joe too. Anyone heard anything about this and if not can someone tell me how to forward the question / idea to Hasbro? Linking two of their big brands might be mutually beneficial!

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    People have been asking for this for years. No, Hasbro has not confirmed it, in fact, they have said in their Q&A sessions that there are no current plans.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm not sure on the "mutually beneficial" bit either. GI Joe hasn't been big outside America for quite a long time now. Judging by the way GI Joe stuff went on to at least 25% off within a couple of weeks of the movie's release, I'd say it still isn't.

4. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
  5. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Brief history lesson for those who don't know:

Takara and Hasbro had a working relationship before TFs, with 12 inch Joes marketed as "Super Joe" in Japan. Takara would go on to develop Henshin Cyborg, Microman, then Microchange and Diaclone which as most of us know made up most of the toys from 1984 to 1985.

In addition, G.I.Joe gave Hasbro the resources it needed for the allout marketing blitz that characterised the launch of TFs.

At times, it's kind of depressing that G.I.Joe has taken a backseat to TFs.
    Were it not for G.I.Joe, Transformers may not exist.

6. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they do have GI Joe/Transformers Crossovers, but I dont want a Duke transformer. I want an X-30 Conquest, HISS, Rattler stuff like that. Wasn't there a Snow Cat in the Energon line?

7. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to see this, The only problem I see is size. But this is a great idea I been hoping for since I was 13.