GI Joe a better adaptation then Transformers??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Might want to put some spoiler tags on it for those interested. I might end up seeing it, and when he started detailing the plot, I had to skip over a good chunk of it. Maybe he doesn't give away a whole lot because I skimmed, but that's all just in case ^_^

I'm glad he liked it but in the end, this is one person's opinion. While it's a good place to start, just like it is with all critics, that will neither hinder nor bolster my desire to see the movie and form my own opinion of it.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sort of funny that Chud.com also hit on the question of which was a better adaptation.

Chud.com Joe review.

I wonder if this is going to be some sort of trend since the GI Joe reviews are just starting to trickle in now.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's no doubt that adapting soldiers to soldiers with new guns is a far easier task than making 80's toys look real.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Not from what I've seen or heard about GI Joe, it isn't. And "Ain't It Cool" is to movies what "Wikipedia" is to information... you shouldn't treat it as fact.

6. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool story, bro.

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This.

8. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Snake-eyes aside...what else reminds you of GI JOE?

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Oh I don't know perhaps:

Comic book Joe base was an underground headquarters/training facility called The Pit like the movie has an underground headquarters/training facility called the The Pit.

Movie Baroness, comic book Baroness and cartoon Baroness all have a thing for tight black outfits and glasses.

A Scottish arm dealer named Destro who's family has been in the arms business for a very long time and a metal mask was turned from the mark of shame to a mark of honor.

GI Joe battles bad guys in places like the desert, arctic, or under the sea.

The Joes use cutting edge weapons and gear not ready for military wide use yet.

GI Joe a highly trained special mission force. It's purpose to defend human freedom again Cobra a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

The bad guy ninja wears white while the good guy ninja wears black but both ninjas are from the same clan and have known each other a very long time.

A hot red head named Scarlett who use a crossbow looking weapon.

Would you like a few pages or is this enough?

10. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Bah. You and I have totally different tastes boss man :) 

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    What, so GI Joe is following that old tired trend of actually remaining somewhat faithful to its roots and featuring characters that you'll instantly recognize as opposed to needing to see the name printed beside the image in order to determine who or what the hell you're looking at!? Geeze, talk about beating a dead horse. I'd much prefer a Bay kind of approach where everyone was re-thought from scratch. Duke could be a black midget, The Baroness could be a blonde hippy free spirit type, Snake Eyes would actually be a bad guy colored in neon red with no mask, Scarlett could be a deaf mute who communicates via sign language, Storm Shadow could be the nick name of an entirely new 12 year old boy character who turns out to be Hawk's son, Destro could be the name of a big gun that Joe use, and Cobra is an elite team of military trained ninjas who are all actually clones. That would be so much better and more 'forward thinking'. Because this isn't the 80's anymore ya know!!!!

;) 

12. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    So putting everyone in generic black special ops armor is staying true? Have you seen Cobra Commander? You call that staying true?

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'm sure there's a point somewhere in there. Damned if I can find it though.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Just as many vague and general comparisons could be drawn to the Transformers movie, and we all know how you feel about that.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I honestly have no idea. I have no plans nor desire to see GI Joe - I was just having some smartass fun based on the fact that, according to someone, it's apparently a decent adpatation despite the movie itself sucking. I don't claim to know what I'm talking about here.

There's no point. Just an elongated saracstic pot shot at "our" movies vs. every single other live action toy/comic to movie translation.

Things have been way too serious here lately.

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, kudos to you then, sir.

17. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Thought the same thing reading that.

18. omegagoalie

Ebay:
    Truer words have rarely been spoken.

I wasn't "pumped" to see GIJOE by any means. But I was hoping to see some cool "joe" stuff.

19. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly do you really expect the average movie to take this group seriously?
    [​IMG]
    I liked Gi Joe when I was a kid but if you put that group together in real life it would look retarded. How do you take soldiers shirtless and jersery wearing soldiers seriously. It's like the village people formed an army. Though I think black is a little overdone since x-men and matrix but hey what are you gonna do. They could have went with basic army fatigues like flint and duke

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    from the previews, I get more of MASK feel or something else from it. The only thing making it seem GIJOE is Snake eyes