Ghosts do you believe in them?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beachbabe, Jul 17, 2008.

1. beachbabe

beachbabe Banned

Do you believe in ghosts? :) 
    I 50% believe in them but untill i have seen one myself i wont ever be sure.

First of all I had an aunt, really long time ago back in the 80s she had loads of children and everyday she would dream of a ghost women taking and killing her baby and then the next day her baby would die. This kept happening it was then found that the place where she was living was where a young child was drowned in a well because of wedlock or something lol you know back in those days if you not married, and had a fling they would kill the child.

And then my grandmother became ill because a ghost possesed her. My uncle had a ghost knocking and disturbing his family at night time, so after a few prayers the ghost was gone.

Those are my personal experiences that happened with my family:)  did you guys ever see a ghost?? my dad claimed to see a laughing, dancing women ghost with one leg.

2. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Here's my thoughts/theory..
    Perhaps when we die, it is just our physical bodies that die. I believe our soul essence, our energy, or whathaveyou does not stay behind, but slips into the space between spaces.. a different dimension or dimensions. Sometimes those dimensions, or planes may intersect into each other every now and then.

I've never actually seen a ghost. I do believe in them, and that's how I logically sum up their existence.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This one time I thought I saw a ghost. Turns out it was my balls.

Seriously though, I've never seen or noticed anything ghost like.

How do we know that you're not a ghost? You should post pictures of yourself to prove that you aren't one!

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

I've said before, I've lived in 4 haunted houses. Mostly, nothing serious happened. It was usually footsteps in rooms where no one was, knocking on doors no one was at, that kind of thing. I was too young in the first one I lived in to remember much about the house, but my family and their friends all heard footsteps there, heard whistling around the house, someone got yanked out of bed one night (which led to my parents leaving that room and giving it to my sister -_-;; ) and people seeing a man with no face in that same bedroom.

I've also maybe seen two things, but both have been from the corner of my eye, one in a darkened school corridor, the other in the house I was living in at the same time through a glass door.

Knew a girl who saw a Maori chieftain in a cave we were both going through (love that sacred ground, knew a few people who've seen old Maori ghosts) but I didn't see anything there (mind you, ghosts freak me the heck out and I purposely wasn't looking to where she was looking). That particular area is well-known for ghost sightings of old Maori.

I've had stuff go missing from obvious places and reappear as well, while I'm in the same room and no one else is there.

Mum's seen a couple of ghosts in her life, her second husband had seen at least one as well. And we used to have a white cat we swear we catch sight of around the house still from time to time (but I half-think that's more likely we just expect to see her doing things). Dad has also seen one of our dead dogs on his property around where she was buried, and on the hydroponic farm they used to work on, has seen another two dogs (one of ours, who was buried there, and one of the owner's, who was also buried there). Both of those ones used to be seen running around the back of the shed, or skulking amongst the rows.

But come to think of it, my family have seen and experienced a lot of weird stuff.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Threads like these haunt me much like a ghost would, does that count as beleiving or incredibly low tolerance?

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I do not, I think the whole idea is silly. You die, you're dead, the end.

7. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    50/50. since i live in an asian-based culture, things like this are rather commonplace. so whether you believe in it or not, is up to you.

Edit: Initially i was 30/70 when it concerns this kind of stuffs but after an incident which happened abt 5 years ago (which particularly affected my newborn daughter) somehow my opinions have changed abit....

8. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    100 points for perseverance:D 

As for ghosts. Maybe. not sure what happens when you kick the bucket.

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe in the Ghost Hunters.

Seriously, be very careful with this topic, no religous discussions ;) 

10. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    i should since i go ghost hunting all the time, and head a paranormal group (ok only 5 of us for now) here in south carolina.

11. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    I came into this thread specifically looking for this :lol 

As for ghosts. I'm not in total disbelief but I'm skeptical.

12. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I have this strange idea that they exist based on creepy experiences during my childhood, and being from a highly superstitious country.
    that being said having no proof from any source,has me doubting the existence of them recently, -specially after watching a few ghost hunters in Mexico a few weeks earlier-. for the record ghost hunters should be more like the ghostbusters .

that being said I d like to believe in them, it would make my nothing is imposible philosophy more valid.

You my goood man have an awesome perseverance. Keep the good work

...now if You excuse me gotta go watch Ghostbusters 1 and 2

13. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    me 2

14. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

The only ghost I believe in is Starscream's.

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Wait so your aunt had one of her babies killed everyday? That sure is alot of babies.

16. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Pfft. Ghosts. You know what I say? You know what I say about these ghosts? Ha. I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yes.

Yay! The thread is now complete.

At least you have Ghostbusters to remove the ghost problem...

18. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I wouldn;t worry buddy :wink: , we've had a bazillion of these before and never hit that hurdle yet (I don't think!).

Personally I do believe in some paranormal stuff, but I don't have any real opinion as to whether it's dead people or what...

19. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:

Dont tell me you watched the tape?

IF SO YA'LL BETTER START RUNNIN:LOL

20. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I can only really believe in things I've seen/experienced. Having never had a ghostly encounter. Not really.