ghostbusters video game thoughts?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, May 18, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i saw snippets of gameplay for the upcoming ghostbusters video game and am looking forward to it.
    i think that when Half-Life 2 perfected the gravity weapon and physics engine, it opened a window for games like this one to be more enjoyable.

is this something you are waiting for or is it just a another franchise game you might pass on?

2. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm more excited for this and Dead Space than I am for Gears of War 2.

3. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I dunno. After seeing the Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews on the past Ghostbusters games for the NES, Sega Master System, Atari 2600, and the Sega Genesis, I'm kinda scared that the new Ghostbusters game will suck.

4. dak

dak <b><font color=blue>I am DAK! The customizer!</fon

News Credits:
    i'm not too crazy about it. I'll prob rent it to try it out and play the story, but I'm not liking it too much.

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm very excited about this. It's the 3rd movie ;) 

Story done by Dan Akroyd and Harrold Ramis, the entire cast of the original two movies sans Weaver and Morranis (Weaver's character isn't part of the story and Morranis turned down a return... hated Louis in the movies anyway...)...

This is the game I bought a 360 for. I'm not joking. I live, breathe, and eat Ghostbusters. Some people have Star Wars, some people have Star Trek... Ghostbusters is what I totally geek out over.

DO WANT!!!!

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Its either going to meet expectations or disappoint big time

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Looks awesome. Can't wait!

8. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Saw some pics in I believe PC Gamer at Barnes & Noble. Looks amazing!

9. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My thoughts can be summed up thusly:

I want it to be good. I expect it to be awful.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Ghostbusters to, and watched both films countless times. I WILL buy the game no matter how it turns out, but there does seem to be some issues with it.

First, screenshots look great, and look like they're taken directly from the movies. My problem is, the game doesn't follow the movies and instead is a new story and you're a new recruit being guided by the older Ghostbusters. So... why is he fighting slimer in the hotel again? And why is he killing the Stay-Puff marshmallow man again? It seems like the designers WANTED to do a game version of the movies but decided not to and are cheaply integrating the EXACT damn scenes from the movies. This kinda plays down how the Stay-puff marshmallow man was the bringer of doom and all.

Also, as I said, the screenshots look great, but the video had some stiff animation and even though it contained ghostbuster stuff, I would say if it had no ties to Ghostbusters it looked pretty bad.

Regardless, I'm a fan and I'm going to buy it. My expectations for it's quality are just a little low.

11. gil

gil Godmaster

I have the Wii, and I am looking forward to this game. It's supposed to be more cartoonish then the 360/PS3 versions, but I don't really see this as a big disadvantage, because I lived on the Ghostbusters cartoon more then the movies. Also, Wiimote for the proton gun and the nunchuck for the trap. Hopefully it works. Yup, I'm lookin forward to this game and the Star Wars game.

12. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I plan on getting both the Wii and 360 versions.... oh, and as for everything we've seen so far...

(copy-paste from an article from Proton Charging!)

So, hot on the heels of the UK OXM preview, the North American edition of the magazine is about to hit the stands, including its preview hands-on of the Ghostbusters video game. Subscribers should start seeing their copies arrive in as little as a week - this will be the July 2008 issue with Shaun White Snowboarding on the cover.

While the article promises some great details and exclusive screenshots, already there’s some useful information coming out of it - firstly, any version of the game we’ve seen to date is a pre-Alpha build, which means that it is not feature complete. This is important information for those of you worried that anything they saw was as-good-as-it-gets. By no means - they are still cramming in awesome as we speak.

Also, the article will apparently give us a detailed overview of the controls (on the Xbox 360, obviously.) More details once the magazine comes out, but for now, either sit by your mailbox or start pestering your local magazine pusher.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I love Ghostbusters growing up will probably rent it if i like it probably will buy it! Nothing but WIN!!!!!